Wikiposts

NO summer in UK!!

Old Jul 15th 2007, 6:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NO summer in UK!!

at least you can look forward to summer in Perth! We will probably be out in time for winter in Oz
Old Jul 15th 2007, 12:58 pm

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
at least you can look forward to summer in Perth! We will probably be out in time for winter in Oz
Where about are you heading for??

We had a lovely day here in Perth yesterday mid winter day 21 degrees and sunny a bit breezy but lovely all the same.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 12:17 am
Banned

Dom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Crickey, you love to get ya tits out don't you??!!

I agree though, twas a lovely winters day in Perth today. I did the gardening with mi cock out
There's enough snakes in this part of the world without the need for that Mr Shooz!!

On a serious note, as predictably gorgous our summers are in Perth, I've always thought it's the winters that make me realise how much more you can do in this climate over England. I mean, the weekend we've just had isn't uncommon.

Taking Wednesday off to go for a picnic with the kids into the hills - forecast 23C. This is the equivelant to mid January in the UK.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 1:08 am
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

Just heard from a relative in UK, that weather men now predicting NO summer at all for the UK.

Just rain, rain, more rain.................then it will be winter

Unlucky!
I've been living in the UK for 3 years - no sign of summer yet...........

I'll keep my eye out though and if it turns up sometime I'll put a post on the forum with photos!

a
Old Jul 16th 2007, 1:23 am
BE Enthusiast

LauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really nice

Originally Posted by AndyR1976
I've been living in the UK for 3 years - no sign of summer yet...........

I'll keep my eye out though and if it turns up sometime I'll put a post on the forum with photos!

a
Summer lasted 3 weeks last year, 32 degrees in June/July! So summer does happen!

It's warm-ish and sunny today. Fluffy clouds too, makes a change from rain!
Old Jul 16th 2007, 1:25 am
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LauraC
Summer lasted 3 weeks last year, 32 degrees in June/July! So summer does happen!

Summer.....ha

3 weeks is not summer - thats justa blip in between rain clouds!

....don't make me laught
Old Jul 16th 2007, 1:26 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

3 weeks out of 52 and they were drought panicking!!
Old Jul 16th 2007, 1:28 am
BE Enthusiast

LauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really nice

Summer.....ha

3 weeks is not summer - thats justa blip in between rain clouds!

....don't make me laught

It was an improvement to the normal summer. Usually a UK summer lasts 3 days so 3 weeks is quite something for here.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 1:29 am
Aussie lost in the UK

I know - when I first moved to the UK I shared a houe for a few months with a girl who worked for the Environment Agency. I asked her what her job was and she said it was working with water restrictions etc because of the drought.....

I was like: "No, seriously, what do you do at the EA?"

Apparently she was telling the truth!!!

I thought it was funny cause she was always talking about the drought and how we were all going to die - meanwhile I was waiting till it stopped raining so I could wash my car........

A
Old Jul 16th 2007, 1:35 am
BE Enthusiast

I forgot about the drought panic! 3 weeks of sun doesn't make summer as Andy rightly says, but it doesn't mean a drought either!
Old Jul 16th 2007, 4:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Tableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond repute

We've only had three weeks of dry weather this year too. The most alarming thing is that it's October in just 11 weeks.....
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 10:13 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Is it summer yet in UK?

Just wondering
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 10:15 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Is it summer yet in UK?

Just wondering
Nah! Floods again!
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 10:27 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

Is it summer yet in UK?

Just wondering
I thought I saw the sun yesterday for a bit - its OK though, it was just a flood-light on the back of the house!!
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond repute

I thought I saw the sun yesterday for a bit - its OK though, it was just a flood-light on the back of the house!!
I'm going to patent a floating barbecue - I have a feeling British sales could get me an early retirement!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.