Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

A nice family restaurant - Gold Coast ?

A nice family restaurant - Gold Coast ?

Old Apr 2nd 2009, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

hunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the rough
Default A nice family restaurant - Gold Coast ?

Hi all just wondering if anyone can suggest any good family restaurants near to Varsity for a birthday meal
Many thanks Claire
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 1:36 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A nice family restaurant - Gold Coast ?

Originally Posted by hunt66
Hi all just wondering if anyone can suggest any good family restaurants near to Varsity for a birthday meal
Many thanks Claire
yatala pie shop?

seriously though, their pies are nice.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

BandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond reputeBandS has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks Claire
Not cheap but "Woodchoppers' in Mudgeeraba...great food.

www.woodchoppersinn.com

Sharon
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

hunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the roughhunt66 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by asprilla
yatala pie shop?

seriously though, their pies are nice.
Might try them another time wanted something a bit different to pie

Originally Posted by BandS
Not cheap but "Woodchoppers' in Mudgeeraba...great food.

www.woodchoppersinn.com

Sharon
Sounds good thanks will look at the link
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

LauraV has a brilliant futureLauraV has a brilliant futureLauraV has a brilliant futureLauraV has a brilliant futureLauraV has a brilliant futureLauraV has a brilliant futureLauraV has a brilliant futureLauraV has a brilliant future

The Tweed Golf Club have buffets Fri, Sat & Sun and they are only about $20-25 per head. All you can eat!
It's not exactly on the Gold Coast but it's not that far away. We've been a few times and it's always been very good with a great choice and not too busy if you go early. It's best to book though. I think they do a special seafood buffet on a Saturday which is slightly more expensive (by a few dollars).
If you do go remember to take ID with you if you're not a member.
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 11:24 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks Claire
The resturant at the Currumbin RSL is really nice as is some of the eateries in Twin Towns, that might be a bit further than you want to go though.

Happy Birthday to whoever! X
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Claire, we went to Crown Plaza for a nice meal, not cheap but fab view across the gold coast that rotates. We also like Pancho's mexican, the food isn't amazing for me and OH but Rhi loves it and it's an interesting place...cash only though as it is Mudgee sticks!!!
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks evryone now we will have to go out a few times to try them all Claire
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

mikes steak & ribs, most places in Broadbeach ( I love Koi ) any surf club ( Northcliff is a nice family one),

Personally I wouldnt eat at panchos if it was free!!
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 11:45 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WelshSarah

Personally I wouldnt eat at panchos if it was free!!
We didnt rate it much either! Elevations overlooking Tallebudgera Creek, always heard good things about it but never got there ourselves yet! X
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by shiels
We didnt rate it much either! Elevations overlooking Tallebudgera Creek, always heard good things about it but never got there ourselves yet! X

Panchos is the only place i have eaten ( so far! ) where the food was microwaved so much it was welded to the plate!! I had tacos and they looked like someone had thrown up on the plate!! yuk!!

Weird deco too... Or is that just cos its mudgee!!

I like the look of that elevations too..
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 11:52 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Panchos is the only place i have eaten ( so far! ) where the food was microwaved so much it was welded to the plate!! I had tacos and they looked like someone had thrown up on the plate!! yuk!!

Weird deco too... Or is that just cos its mudgee!!

I like the look of that elevations too..
The food at the RSL Currumbin restuarant has been fave up until now, you been there?

Havent seen you online for a while, life still good? X
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 11:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Good thanks!! Dont come here often ( you dont once youve been here a while do you!!) hows you??

I love Currumbin too.. Im hungry now actually!! I dont think you can go far wrong with a surf club can you? Havent had a bad meal at any really...

Last edited by WelshSarah; Apr 3rd 2009 at 11:55 pm. Reason: spelling!
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 11:57 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Good thanks!! Dont come here often ( you dont once youve been here a while do you!!) hows you??

I love Currumbin too.. Im hungry now actually!! I dont think you can go far wrong with a surf club can you? Havent had a bad meal at any really...
Any surf clubs good as long as your looking out at the ocean dont care if the foods just ok!!! X
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by shiels
Any surf clubs good as long as your looking out at the ocean dont care if the foods just ok!!! X

Very, very true!!!

The views at Currumbin are the best I think...

Kirras good too..

Last edited by WelshSarah; Apr 3rd 2009 at 11:59 pm. Reason: added a bit..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.