Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Next step - putting a pool in...

Next step - putting a pool in...

Old Jun 29th 2010, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

sue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nice
Default Re: Next step - putting a pool in...

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Thanks everyone, very helpful information indeed

Hubs wants to go fibreglass, as apparently it's safer for the kids, but we'd have a problem getting the thing into the back yard, even with a crane.

It'll probs have to be concrete in the end.
hi i work at a local pool company ,im not at work until thursday ,you can either call me 9301 4588 or email me on [email protected].i will give you a price and all the info u need. we also sell paving so i can help you with that too,just let me know approx how much you need to pave ,i will work the overall cost for you,,cheers sue.....(joondalup)

Last edited by sue&bob; Jun 29th 2010 at 12:41 pm.
Old Jul 6th 2010, 12:41 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Well, with all our researching, numerousquotes and much debating, have came to the conclusion that putting a pool in is too expensive, coming to around an average of $35-40, it is just not worth it and money we will never get back.

So back to the drawing board. Looks like we might buy a house with a pool already in place and possibly rent this house out. Watch this space
Old Jul 6th 2010, 6:20 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like we might buy a house with a pool already in place
The way to go!

Our pool I'm told would be $40k+ easy as we got spa built in and 2 x waterfalls, but *I* wouldn't pay that for it to be honest.

Nice in the summer tho ...
Old Jul 6th 2010, 6:38 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Well, with all our researching, numerousquotes and much debating, have came to the conclusion that putting a pool in is too expensive, coming to around an average of $35-40, it is just not worth it and money we will never get back.
Just curious, what size pool would you get for $35 - $40k?
cheers
Old Jul 6th 2010, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

sue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nice

Originally Posted by asprilla
cheers
hi all not too sure what size pool you need but a average fibre glass pool 7x3m will cost around 20k installed ,maybe 2-3k for paving...
Old Jul 6th 2010, 12:13 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sue&bob
hi all not too sure what size pool you need but a average fibre glass pool 7x3m will cost around 20k installed ,maybe 2-3k for paving...
That's a bath!
Old Jul 6th 2010, 12:22 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

We had a concrete pool in our old house and it looked fab and while the kids used it at first the novelty wore off as they got older. I was the only one who ever cleaned it and things just kept going wrong. I was soooo over it once we moved out and am wrapped now that they can just hop on the bus and go to the local pool in less than 5 mins (well except my 3 year old who, iroically is an Aussie and hates water )

That said I'd love a spa and cabana thing to sit and watch the footy in in the winter
Old Jul 6th 2010, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

odyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to behold

I got concrete pools down to 20k 21 lineal metres best pool company rollover (not good) edge. bought a 8x4 fibre for the same price dead rectangle so larger meterage around edges

my take is you need to allow at least 30 even cutting down on some things like we did. I reckon all up ours cost 33 and its not fully landscaped

i couldnt live without a pool wiht kids, makes life so much easier but electricity wise it costs more so without kids I may have done wiht a spa
Old Jul 6th 2010, 2:42 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Go for a spa

Less trouble and cheaper to run, so I hear
Old Jul 7th 2010, 12:24 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asprilla
cheers
10x4 is what we were looking at for that money
Old Jul 15th 2010, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

pstanton is a jewel in the roughpstanton is a jewel in the roughpstanton is a jewel in the roughpstanton is a jewel in the roughpstanton is a jewel in the rough

Hello just done all the research ourselves and found the best person price and service was Steve from Barrier Reef Pools - he is a a great guy and we are very very happy with choice and how professional they were. PM if you need his number. Thanks
Old Jul 15th 2010, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, Scottishcelts. What you were saying earlier about Canada really made me laugh - in a unamused way. I would love to go to Canada but wife thinks its too cold!