Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

New Red Light Camers in Perth!

Wikiposts

New Red Light Camers in Perth!

Old Jun 1st 2010, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

JAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to allJAMMIE DODGER is a name known to all
Default New Red Light Camers in Perth!

Some Red light cameras now have inbuilt SPEED Cameras too.... ouch!

These are the new fixed red light / speed camera locations for Perth.
CANNING HWY/RISELEY STREET APPLECROSS
STIRLING HWY/ERIC STREET, COTTESLOE
CANNING HWY/DOUGLAS AVE. SOUTH PERTH
G.E.H./SHEPPERTON RD. VICTORIA PARK
ALBANY HWY/LEACH HWAY OFF RAMP, BENTLEY
WINTERFOLD RD/STOCK ROAD, HILTON
WANNEROO RD/BEACH ROAD, BALGA
LEACH HWY/BUNGAREE RD. WILSON
BEACH RD/MIRRABOOKA AVENUE BALGA
ROE HWY/KALAMUNDA ROAD, HIGH WYCOMBE
HEPBURN AVE/MARMION AVENUE, PADBURY
MORLEY DVE/ALEXANDER DVE. DIANELLA

These are the up-coming locations for the new red light speed cameras. . Even if you speed through the orange light to beat the red – if you’re speeding through these set of lights – you will get done for speeding.

They will all be in action from June/July. .

There is one already active in front of the bell tower on Riverside Drive in the City.

Not that any of us speed...
Old Jun 1st 2010, 6:11 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Red Light Camers in Perth!

Originally Posted by JAMMIE DODGER

I try not to, but lets face it if they are going amber it's safer to speed up than it is to slam on the anchors.

What f**king w**kers.

Thanks for the heads up Jammie Dodger.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

jimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to all

I think it's a good thing, people here and in the UK speed up just as they see amber and it's not really the safest thing to do. Fair enough if you really can't stop without an accident but most of the time there's plenty of safe distance to stop.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 5:34 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Even if you speed through the orange light to beat the red – if you’re speeding through these set of lights – you will get done for speeding.
Happened to me, with a copper using a hand-held camera unit.

I agree with Renth...Bunch of w*****s...

So, enough of red-light cameras, does anyone know where the red-light corners all are?
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 6:51 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Some Red light cameras now have inbuilt SPEED Cameras too.... ouch!

These are the new fixed red light / speed camera locations for Perth.
CANNING HWY/RISELEY STREET APPLECROSS
STIRLING HWY/ERIC STREET, COTTESLOE
CANNING HWY/DOUGLAS AVE. SOUTH PERTH
G.E.H./SHEPPERTON RD. VICTORIA PARK
ALBANY HWY/LEACH HWAY OFF RAMP, BENTLEY
WINTERFOLD RD/STOCK ROAD, HILTON
WANNEROO RD/BEACH ROAD, BALGA
LEACH HWY/BUNGAREE RD. WILSON
BEACH RD/MIRRABOOKA AVENUE BALGA
ROE HWY/KALAMUNDA ROAD, HIGH WYCOMBE
HEPBURN AVE/MARMION AVENUE, PADBURY
MORLEY DVE/ALEXANDER DVE. DIANELLA

These are the up-coming locations for the new red light speed cameras. . Even if you speed through the orange light to beat the red – if you’re speeding through these set of lights – you will get done for speeding.

They will all be in action from June/July. .

There is one already active in front of the bell tower on Riverside Drive in the City.

I had heard that the new red light cameras being installed in NSW are standard speed cameras as well... snap if you are speeding through on green as well.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 2:20 am
Cad and bounder

perksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond repute

Can't see the big deal to be honest, they've had them in the UK for years.

Wait till the 'average speed' cameras come out on the streets of Perth.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 4:38 am
Account Closed

aston is an unknown quantity at this point

i was coming round a sharp bend tonight and a bleedin under cover copper car was heading the other way,i saw him slam on his brakes and turn round after me,,,so as you do i turned off the road to see if he was after me,then turned again still with his flashing lights on..some bloke pulled in front of him and he couldnt turn to get me...

still not sure if he was after me...got to the video shop..only one bleedin headlight workin and no sign of the copper?

bleedin lucky or what,,weren't that lucky they never had the film i wanted?
Old Jun 5th 2010, 1:06 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I had heard that the new red light cameras being installed in NSW are standard speed cameras as well... snap if you are speeding through on green as well.
Tell me about it, we have had them in Adelaide for about 3 years now, i got done for speeding and red light, [sped up to beat the amber] total fine for both $1100 , now as i was driving my truck it came in as corporate fine , as i am self employed, now if i was to name the driver of the vehicle and sign a stat dec, the fine would be reduced by $600 [ the corporate component of the fine ] but i cant afford any more points so ended up paying the full amount.
An expensive lesson.......................mm
Old Jun 5th 2010, 1:11 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
Tell me about it, we have had them in Adelaide for about 3 years now, i got done for speeding and red light, [sped up to beat the amber] total fine for both $1100 , now as i was driving my truck it came in as corporate fine , as i am self employed, now if i was to name the driver of the vehicle and sign a stat dec, the fine would be reduced by $600 [ the corporate component of the fine ] but i cant afford any more points so ended up paying the full amount.
An expensive lesson.......................mm
That's it, it's even harder to slam on the anchors when you are in a truck with a load. It's absolute BS, they are such wankers.

I try not to speed, but this is different they are going to cause accidents.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 1:13 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

They never learn..................mm

A HOON driver was caught speeding at 86km/h in a 60km/h zone, despite passing a sign warning that a new fixed speed camera was ahead.
The speedster was one of 241 drivers caught lead-footing past the state's first fixed roadside speed camera in its opening week of operation.

The driver - who was hit with a $302 fine and three demerit points - flashed past the warning sign and camera on Glover Ave, Mile End, near the Bakewell Underpass last Sunday afternoon, two days after the camera came into operation.

The other drivers caught speeding past the sign and camera in the first seven days were hit with a total $23,000 in fines and 255 demerit points.

Road Safety Minister Jack Snelling said that, despite the warning, motorists "will do stupid things".

"The figures given to me by the police show on the first day of operation, 47 drivers were caught and by Thursday that had dropped to 24 so it seems people are waking up to the fact there is a camera there. I would be happy if it didn't raise any money because people don't speed at that location."

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
.End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.
The success of the fixed camera - bought and installed for about $200,000 - will be assessed over coming months.

If cases of speeding fall, then more could be used at black spots, Mr Snelling said. "There is the potential to roll out more. This is why we are undertaking an evaluation," he said.

Fixed roadside speed cameras - unlike the 77 red light/speed cameras mounted at intersections and pedestrian crossings - are used extensively interstate and overseas to permanently target black spots.

The new camera was inoperable because service technicians couldn't access it, due to a stand-off between Adelaide City Council and the Transport Department over a vehicle lay-by.

In February, a new lay-by was built, but then technicians found the camera's hard drive was broken. It was sent to the manufacturers in Melbourne to be repaired under warranty.

After more trials, it finally began operation on Friday, May 28.
Old Jun 5th 2010, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget that NSW gets its speed camera vans this month....like the ones used in QLD in the back window of a Merc Van or similar.

Nine initally, increasing to 40!