Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Old Oct 4th 2009, 11:29 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Get the thread back on topic or it will be closed. The immi section is not the place for chat about jobs or where people are from, etc. And BE is NOT the place for insults and abuse.
Old Oct 5th 2009, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

naufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to allnaufil is a name known to all
Post Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Originally Posted by Leedelta
Hi everyone,

I got my visa today, so the whole system hasn't ground to a halt.

Keep the faith.
wow.. that sure is one good post.. to know some one are being very lucky in such circumstances, it keeps the peope like me motivated and optimistic..

i got CO on 25th august,09
did my meds and pcc sent to co on 16th sep, 09
so seems i might be hearing a good news before this month ends. .. i like to think positive.

cheers..

anxiety is killing me ..
Old Oct 5th 2009, 11:52 pm
Just Joined

Huwaarix is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Open a facebook group on this matter ...see how many people u can get
Old Oct 6th 2009, 12:31 pm
Just stretching my clacks

Gillyboots is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mark123
I applied in 2008 Oct. I was on the MODL. Then they came up with a CSL and I was not in it. How can they keep changing the rules, while they took my money in Advance. Now they say to wait till 2012. I want a refund. Its not the money but the way they are taking us for granted. I am talking to my lawyer. I dont care how much it will cost me I am going fight for a refund.

Anyone who wants to join in is welcome. Refund our money !! This is day light robbery
Agreed. I am absolutely livid about this, how can they keep changing the goalposts when they have taken our money in advance? The simple fact of the matter is that I would NEVER have started on this journey if the quoted processing time for GSM 175 was 4 years!!! Like others on this forum, we have put major decisions on hold for the past 2 years that we didn't have to, now that we know we will not be going to Oz after all. I cannot believe this, i'm so angry!!

We had a life waiting for us in Aus: friends, jobs, home, schools, the lot. The years of planning everything to the nth degree and saving hard so that we would arrive and be settled before the kids start school. Apart from all that, the fallout from this has been huge in one way or another. And before anybody comes on and says "so what, you just have to wait another few years"........ well for us it's not an option for reasons I won't bother going into. 2012 is far too late.

Mark - please let us know if you get anywhere with this. I'm going to contact DIAC myself, for all the good it will do, they seem to be a law unto themselves.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 12:47 pm
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Huwaarix
Open a facebook group on this matter ...see how many people u can get
Let's try Orkut also, then comparison will be interested!!
Old Oct 6th 2009, 1:05 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

A few years back, around the time I joined BE, it was commonplace for skills visas to take 2-3 years to process. I also remember when Skills processing moved from London to Adelaide - and everyone in the London queue was put at the back, adding 18 months or more to processing overnight.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
A few years back, around the time I joined BE, it was commonplace for skills visas to take 2-3 years to process. I also remember when Skills processing moved from London to Adelaide - and everyone in the London queue was put at the back, adding 18 months or more to processing overnight.
At that time 2-3 years processing time was the time line given at the time of lodgement, so applicant would plan accordingly in the present scenario we were told with in One year application would be processed for those on the MODL, and money was taken and given on that basis, Further even those days what ever new changes, it would become effective only for new applicants,

Under no circumstances from those whom Medicals has been requested by the CO, should be subjected to these changes, that's gross gross violation of justice and fair play.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 2:00 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shafanm
At that time 2-3 years processing time was the time line given at the time of lodgement, so applicant would plan accordingly in the present scenario we were told with in One year application would be processed for those on the MODL, and money was taken and given on that basis, Further even those days what ever new changes, it would become effective only for new applicants,

Under no circumstances from those whom Medicals has been requested by the CO, should be subjected to these changes, that's gross gross violation of justice and fair play.
Actually, in the case of the appliations which were suddenly shifted to Adelaide, no, they had no idea that their timeline was about to become so much longer.
Not trying to make excuses for DIAC, just showing that its not the first time that timelines - and people's lives - have been messed around so much.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

vandm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Actually, in the case of the appliations which were suddenly shifted to Adelaide, no, they had no idea that their timeline was about to become so much longer.
Not trying to make excuses for DIAC, just showing that its not the first time that timelines - and people's lives - have been messed around so much.
see the issue is not about delays, its about refund. if any applicant isnt or doesnt want to wait more than the stated timeline mentioned at the time of applying, then he/she should have an option wherein he/she can ask for a refund. the DIAC or Oz govt should then cut 10% or 20% or 30 % or whatever, for administrative costs incurred and refund the remaining amount, so that the applicant can look for greener pastures somewhere else.lets take this e.g - the Oz govt will take 2/3 yrs to finalize any application after stating while applying that it will take around 10 months, in the intervening period if someone applies for a job in say singapore and goes there and in the 2/3 yrs period gets to like that place and wants to remain there, shouldnt he have the right to get his money back? the DIAC and the Oz govt washes its hands off by saying that it isnt their fault that the visa application time has got delayed because the economy has hit rock bottom. if the economy isnt the government's responsilibity, then whose responsibility is it? if the oz govt isnt responsible then are the applicants responsible for this situation? there should be some mechanism for refunds. thats how a first world organisation should work.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

khz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nice

Originally Posted by vandm
see the issue is not about delays, its about refund. if any applicant isnt or doesnt want to wait more than the stated timeline mentioned at the time of applying, then he/she should have an option wherein he/she can ask for a refund. the DIAC or Oz govt should then cut 10% or 20% or 30 % or whatever, for administrative costs incurred and refund the remaining amount, so that the applicant can look for greener pastures somewhere else.lets take this e.g - the Oz govt will take 2/3 yrs to finalize any application after stating while applying that it will take around 10 months, in the intervening period if someone applies for a job in say singapore and goes there and in the 2/3 yrs period gets to like that place and wants to remain there, shouldnt he have the right to get his money back? the DIAC and the Oz govt washes its hands off by saying that it isnt their fault that the visa application time has got delayed because the economy has hit rock bottom. if the economy isnt the government's responsilibity, then whose responsibility is it? if the oz govt isnt responsible then are the applicants responsible for this situation? there should be some mechanism for refunds. thats how a first world organisation should work.
Well I do agree .. Where and in which country is that a government organization takes your money to process a application and says that they will take 3- 5 years to finalize your application ? And what about deducting 10 or 20% of processing fees and return the rest. Not even in third world countries. They have taken the VAC in good faith to finalize the application. Not to linger on it for eternity. My application was submitted on 27th August 2007... already more than 25 months...and they say that it will be -- unlikely before the end of 2012 . And you are right to say the economy has hit rock bottom... This is not our problem ...And believe me the Australian economy is doing really fine compared to other economies.Most of the applicants applied through an Australian registered migration agent. At the time of application a contract/form was made with the Agent. These agents follow the guidelines of the Immigration department of Australia. The time mentioned to finalize the visa process said maximum 1(12 months) year.

Me and my family have also been affected by this processing. I have invested all my savings (almost AUD 6,000) in this process. I know an applicant who sold his house because he was sure that the Visa process will take not more than 12 months and now he is living in a rented house. There are thousands of applicants with similar stories. People have lost money in Medicals, Police clearance certificates as they expire after 12 months. The Australian Minister of immigration or the department does not even bother to say sorry to these peopleā€¦

What to add to this Fury... I request all applicants to file complaints at OMBUDSMAN and at the Immigration complaint form at the official DIAC site. I have already done this and today I posted my complaint/feedback to all the Media houses all over the world. Let the world know how this fleecing is going on and how the minister is playing with our lives. write to me if you need contacts to file your complaints.
Take care
Old Oct 6th 2009, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

uppalpankaj is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually the Visa application must be processed by DIAC according to the rules prevalent at the time of making an application. If the rules change, then they must only be applicable to the new application made after a particular date. Applications made before the changed rules must not be affected by it. This is the way it should be.

They could have taken out the CSL and said that all applications made after a said date will be processed according to the new criteria. Processing all the applications while putting some on hold is something which is not justified at all.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

povar81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gillyboots
Agreed. I would NEVER have started on this journey if the quoted processing time for GSM 175 was 4 years!!!
That's really depressing 'cos I'm exactly in this situation right now! 4 years! So many things I can do, so many changes may occur.
Btw, what about Canada do they have some kind of the changes recently?
Cos' if it's because of crisis then they should something like that too, I think.

Last edited by povar81; Oct 6th 2009 at 7:42 pm.
Old Oct 6th 2009, 7:26 pm
Use time wisely

Darren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud ofDarren-Debbie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Get the thread back on topic or it will be closed. The immi section is not the place for chat about jobs or where people are from, etc. And BE is NOT the place for insults and abuse.
i only joined for the insults and abuse; you're not telling me now that i wasted my time?
Old Oct 7th 2009, 12:38 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by khz2007
Well I do agree .. Where and in which country is that a government organization takes your money to process a application and says that they will take 3- 5 years to finalize your application ?
Have a look at the timelines for migrating to Canada.
Originally Posted by khz2007
I know an applicant who sold his house because he was sure that the Visa process will take not more than 12 months and now he is living in a rented house
DIAC do advise on their website in several places not to sell houses, give up jobs etc until the visa is actually granted.

Last edited by Pollyana; Oct 7th 2009 at 12:40 am.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 12:41 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by povar81
That's really depressing 'cos I'm exactly in this situation right now! 4 years! So many things I can do, so many changes may occur.
Btw, what about Canada do they have some kind of the changes recently?
Cos' if it's because of crisis then they should something like that too, I think.
Canadian timelines have always been of the 3-5 year ilk - have a look at the Canadian Immigration forum on this site

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.