Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Old Oct 2nd 2009, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

erco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really niceerco is just really nice
Default Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

original application lodged march 2008. (subclass 175) agent used.
Didnt get a CO until feb 2009.
CO taken off due to CSL list changed. Went with some and changed to a 176 and received state sponsor in july 2009 and CO a week later.
Sent for meds clearance etc Sept 2009. sent these on 20th sept 2009. 23rd sept polict changes so look like we lost our CO for second time. All documents are now with the DIAC but we wait again and am considering visiting OZ for a few weeks to actively look for an employer. So this would be our third visa change in 1 year. Just have the feeling we arent going as they change the rules as and when it suits them and quite obviously dont think of any 1 outside Oz. I would of packed the whole application in but for the wife and kids wanting to go so much and the amount of money invested upto this date.

Wayne & Caroline
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

INDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really nice
Default Re: subclass 175 processing time increased ?

"For complete applications, the department will aim to process 75 per cent of applications in the time listed in the table below." This is a statement from this http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...-you-lodge.htm

Aim (estimated) 75% within 15 months for 175/176 applications. The other 25% - DIAC did not give the estimated processing time.

I do like to believe it is a worst case scenario or estimated worst case scenario, since I can make a valid complaint to DIAC if my processing time exceed the 15 months processing time, which is about 2 and a half month from now.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of
Default Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Originally Posted by VanAxel
Aman, where are you from? Obviously we have got VERY different backgrounds in way of the English language. Have you ever heard of the term "sarcastic"? No one's lying here... you just got the facts messed up in your head!
Don't extend it folks, its just a misunderstanding.
Aman,
In that post VanAxel was giving example of a common man who goes on PR and starts driving taxis there. Its a fact that many overseas engineers and skilled people, have to drive taxis and work in meat factories just because there are no professional jobs left.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

concretebob is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mpgrewal
Don't extend it folks, its just a misunderstanding.
Aman,
In that post VanAxel was giving example of a common man who goes on PR and starts driving taxis there. Its a fact that many overseas engineers and skilled people, have to drive taxis and work in meat factories just because there are no professional jobs left.
Whats wrong with driving a Taxi or working in a meat factory? Someone has to do those jobs!!

Why so negative towards such work!! skilled people cannot not expect to have the dream job as soon as they land they might have to wait a few years to get their foot on the ladder. Like previous posters have mentioned new migrants usually have 2 years waiting before they can claim social security and so eliminates the freeloaders. Better to work in the meat factory than be broke due to stupid pride.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

Pharaoh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by khz2007
Dear Freebo, Is this site/ link fine 4 paper based application also as mine is paper based.. Thanks
Only for e-lodged applications, and you should have your TRN to log in
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 12:27 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Threads on Processing Time merged.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 12:47 pm
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by concretebob
Whats wrong with driving a Taxi or working in a meat factory? Someone has to do those jobs!!

Why so negative towards such work!! skilled people cannot not expect to have the dream job as soon as they land they might have to wait a few years to get their foot on the ladder. Like previous posters have mentioned new migrants usually have 2 years waiting before they can claim social security and so eliminates the freeloaders. Better to work in the meat factory than be broke due to stupid pride.
Cannot agree more than this!!! But few JERKS on this forum think something different...I pointed to VanAxel's post because that post was pointed by one of the posters, giving some offended comments to one particular nation's people. ( He thought VanAxel is from that nation and driving taxi because he could not get work).

Looks like I am destroying this thread..will not discuss this again on this post. Sorry guys....

Last edited by aman_sharma2k1; Oct 2nd 2009 at 12:58 pm.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

bilaln30 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1
Cannot agree more than this!!! But few JERKS on this forum think something different...I pointed to VanAxel's post because that post was pointed by one of the posters, giving some offended comments to one particular nation's people. ( He though VanAxel is from that nation and driving taxi because he could not get work).

Looks like I am destroying this thread..will not discuss this again on this post. Sorry guys....
U r correct Aman about ur last sentence. Instead why dont u reply to my last email....lol
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 12:57 pm
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bilaln30
U r correct Aman about ur last sentence. Instead why dont u reply to my last email....lol
Will do now...was just stuck in meetings ...busy schedule these days.. .. working full time even on holidays...
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

concretebob is an unknown quantity at this point

Cannot agree more than this!!! But few JERKS on this forum think something different...I pointed to VanAxel's post because that post was pointed by one of the posters, giving some offended comments to one particular nation's people. ( He though VanAxel is from that nation and driving taxi because he could not get work).

Yeah ok

but it is a valid point there are many new migrants doing such jobs as it is very hard to get your foot on the ladder for professional jobs. I would rather be chopping meat in Australia than work as a IT Professional in some unsanitary backwater nation.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

fadongle is an unknown quantity at this point

Cannot agree more than this!!! But few JERKS on this forum think something different...I pointed to VanAxel's post because that post was pointed by one of the posters, giving some offended comments to one particular nation's people. ( He thought VanAxel is from that nation and driving taxi because he could not get work).

I am curious about which particular nation do you mean? At first glance I think it might be my homeland . However if that's the case it should not make you so angry. And on the other hand VanAxel's English is too supreme to be my countryman. So I guess you mean your's instead. Take it easy, I've been there once and the people are quite nice. I think some people tend to have prejudice of those from developing countries.

Sorry for distracting the topic, I am just a bit concerned of being treated as a liar by default only because "I am from one particular nation". That is awful.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

vandm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: subclass 175 processing time increased ?

Originally Posted by INDOAUS
Sorry Pollyana, I disagree. DIAC don't quote worst processing time but estimated processing time where, base on historical record, approximately 75% of applications were finalized within 15 months for 175/176 from the time an application is submitted. I think that statement is just above the table for the timeline at DIAC website.
For how long a visa will be finalized, as mod always says, no one knows except the CO. I will also include God.
i dont think even god will know!!!
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

vandm is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah i am with you concretebob. atleast we dont land up there and kill aborigines!!!
Old Oct 4th 2009, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

VanAxel is an unknown quantity at this point

No offense to any forum members here.. my ONLY beef is with the clowns in DIAC and the ridiculous rules they come up with
Old Oct 4th 2009, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

VanAxel is an unknown quantity at this point

Nothing wrong with such work mate. The point is that DIAC are bloody DREAMING that they expect those CSL applications to meet the immediate demand of skill shortages in that particular area; on the contrary to those applicants end up doing such work instead.

Thank you for re-instating my point.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.