New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Old Oct 2nd 2009, 2:27 am
Just Joined

gamesover is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Changes from 23rd September-processing times

Originally Posted by shafanm
Don't beleive everything what agent says,

Being onlyo SS will not make you application priority. sorry to be blunt, but that is the fact.
cannot agree you more
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 3:32 am
Just Joined

jains005 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Originally Posted by imaxx
Some ray of hope? Let's see....

01 October 2009

Australia migration conference to be held next week

Australian migration, of particular how those who emigrate to Australia can live, work and study, will be discussed in Melbourne next week as part of a national migration conference.

The Migration 2009 Conference, to be held October 8 to 11, will be attended by migration advice professionals, lawyers, Commonwealth and state government agencies, skills assessment authorities, education providers, and community and refugee organisations.

CEO of the Migration Institute of Australia, Maurene Horder, said the conference is attracting a range of professionals who are at the forefront of the Aust ralian immigration debate.

"Immigration policy has been going through unprecedented change. People’s lives are being affected by the many recent amendments to all classes of visas. This conference will explore the economic and social impacts,” Ms Horder said.
this should really bring us a good news friends...
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 3:36 am
Just Joined

jains005 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

SINCE THE ENTIRE SCENCE IS BEING OVERHAULED LET US WAIT FOR ITS OUTCOME... THERE WILL BE A POSITIVE OUTCOME AT LEAST FOR PEOPLE WHO WERE ABOUT TO GET THE VISA...
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 3:52 am
Forum Regular

bilaln30 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Changes from 23rd September-processing times

Originally Posted by Sunshine7
We have been granted state sponsorship and our meds have been requested - which we have booked for next week.

Just heard from our agent that because our nominated occupation is not on the CSL, we have been moved down the list for processing since the changes on 23rd September.

We originally expected (all being well with meds) to have our Visa sometime in December at the latest, given that our meds are next week.

Our agent says that we should still receive it in December - although of course he can't give any guarantees. I'm in a bit of a panic because reading through the new guidelines they seem to be talking about 12 month processing times. Anybody else in the same situation?
Do what your agent is telling you. You dont have any other choice.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by imaxx
Some ray of hope? Let's see....

01 October 2009

Australia migration conference to be held next week

Australian migration, of particular how those who emigrate to Australia can live, work and study, will be discussed in Melbourne next week as part of a national migration conference.

The Migration 2009 Conference, to be held October 8 to 11, will be attended by migration advice professionals, lawyers, Commonwealth and state government agencies, skills assessment authorities, education providers, and community and refugee organisations.

CEO of the Migration Institute of Australia, Maurene Horder, said the conference is attracting a range of professionals who are at the forefront of the Aust ralian immigration debate.

"Immigration policy has been going through unprecedented change. People’s lives are being affected by the many recent amendments to all classes of visas. This conference will explore the economic and social impacts,” Ms Horder said.
Nothing to do with us. As evident from the last sentence that the conference will explore the economic and social impacts.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 4:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
New immigrants are not entitled to any centrelink benefits for 2 years...
For 175 they get benefits and for 176 they don't get benefits (it may be centrelink or child benefits)......this is exactly my point.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 4:11 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bilaln30
For 175 they get benefits and for 176 they don't get benefits (it may be centrelink or child benefits)......this is exactly my point.
Someone is pulling your leg

There is a waiting period in all PR visa...... anyway there in no difference between the 175 & 176 except the 176 has Family and state sponsorship.

I have a 175 visa and in the grant letter it say the following

Social Security Payments
New migrants to Australia must wait two years before they can receive most social security income support payments. "Income support" is government welfare assistance to meet living expenses. The payments with a waiting period include unemployment and sickness benefits, Austudy income support payments for students and a number of other payments.
Special Benefit is the only form of government welfare assistance which might be payable to people during the two year waiting period. However, special benefit is only available to new migrants on a very restricted basis - that is, if there has been a substantial change in circumstances beyond the person's control. Inability to find employment and/or running out of money are not sufficient reasons to qualify for Special Benefit.
Information on the waiting period is included in the form 'Settlement information for migrants to Australia' (form 994i) found on the following website:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/forms_num2.htm
For further information, you can also telephone Centrelink, the agency that makes social security payments, on 13 2468 from anywhere in Australia for the cost of a local call.

You can also call Centrelink's Multilingual Telephone Information Service, which can give you information in your own language about social security payments. This service can be contacted from anywhere in Australia, for the cost of a local call on 131202.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 4:43 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bilaln30
Read this thread for the definitive answers and links on what benefits permanent residents are entitled to.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=632129
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 5:39 am
BE Enthusiast

INDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really nice
Default Re: subclass 175 processing time increased ?

Originally Posted by Pollyana
DIAC tends to quote a worst case secnario figure - for instance they advise a Spouse Visa MAY take 8 months, but often they only take a few weeks.

No-one, including DIAC, can give an exact timeline, so by quoting a worst case figure, if you get your visa quicker its so much to the good.
Sorry Pollyana, I disagree. DIAC don't quote worst processing time but estimated processing time where, base on historical record, approximately 75% of applications were finalized within 15 months for 175/176 from the time an application is submitted. I think that statement is just above the table for the timeline at DIAC website.
For how long a visa will be finalized, as mod always says, no one knows except the CO. I will also include God.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 7:18 am
BE Enthusiast

supriyag123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by INDOAUS
Sorry Pollyana, I disagree. DIAC don't quote worst processing time but estimated processing time where, base on historical record, approximately 75% of applications were finalized within 15 months for 175/176 from the time an application is submitted. I think that statement is just above the table for the timeline at DIAC website.
For how long a visa will be finalized, as mod always says, no one knows except the CO. I will also include God.
Beg to differ with you. what DIAC gives is neither the worst case scenario (exactly, but very close to it), nor the estimated timeline, but an estimated worst case scenario

Well, if you notice you will find out tht MOST of the applications get processed within the time frame given by DIAC, and if you take average processing time I believe it is way shorter than this timeline. For example, consider CSL 175 applicants. Mostly they have been getting visa within 5-8 months, even before 23rd september amendment.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

alesak is an unknown quantity at this point

I just found this interesting info: http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=574

We also have some details as to skilled migration application numbers:

1. Permanent employer sponsored migration under the Employer Nomination Scheme and the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme is consuming an increasing number of visas, which is almost certainly a consequence of the additional hurdles and burdens introduced under the long term temporary residency employer sponsored subclass 457 visa, allied to a higher number of individuals becoming eligible for the grant of visas under ENS and RSMS once they have worked in Australia for a couple of years on 457 visas.

Such visas are priority group number 1, and with a finite number of visas available under the skilled migration program are displacing applications by those who are lower in the pecking order.

2. State and Territory sponsored applications with CSL occupations (priority group 2 under the Minister's new guidance) are being assessed at the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre within 10 days of the application being received or the sponsorship being notified (whichever is later).

3. The ASPC is working towards a similar 10 day processing standard for priority category 3 applications, family sponsored CSL applications. They anticipate achieving this in the next fortnight.

4. Other CSL based applications (priority group 4): the ASPC is currently processing such applications and anticipates meeting the 10 day service standard in quarter 1 of 2010. This reflects our experience, as we have received communications from the ASPC progressing priority group 4 applications since the Minister's announcement.

5. The timeline for the processing of priority group 5 applications (State and Territory sponsored, non CSL occupations) is largely contingent on the number of employer sponsored permanent residency visas (ie ENS and RSMS).
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

alesak is an unknown quantity at this point

I just found this interesting info: http://www.gomatilda.com/news/article.cfm?articleid=574

We also have some details as to skilled migration application numbers:

1. Permanent employer sponsored migration under the Employer Nomination Scheme and the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme is consuming an increasing number of visas, which is almost certainly a consequence of the additional hurdles and burdens introduced under the long term temporary residency employer sponsored subclass 457 visa, allied to a higher number of individuals becoming eligible for the grant of visas under ENS and RSMS once they have worked in Australia for a couple of years on 457 visas.

Such visas are priority group number 1, and with a finite number of visas available under the skilled migration program are displacing applications by those who are lower in the pecking order.

2. State and Territory sponsored applications with CSL occupations (priority group 2 under the Minister's new guidance) are being assessed at the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre within 10 days of the application being received or the sponsorship being notified (whichever is later).

3. The ASPC is working towards a similar 10 day processing standard for priority category 3 applications, family sponsored CSL applications. They anticipate achieving this in the next fortnight.

4. Other CSL based applications (priority group 4): the ASPC is currently processing such applications and anticipates meeting the 10 day service standard in quarter 1 of 2010. This reflects our experience, as we have received communications from the ASPC progressing priority group 4 applications since the Minister's announcement.

5. The timeline for the processing of priority group 5 applications (State and Territory sponsored, non CSL occupations) is largely contingent on the number of employer sponsored permanent residency visas (ie ENS and RSMS).
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 10:37 am
Just Joined

khz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nice

Hello There,
Can someone please send me the link from the Australian Immigration site where I can see the status of my Application... Thanks a lot
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by khz2007
Hello There,
Can someone please send me the link from the Australian Immigration site where I can see the status of my Application... Thanks a lot
https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry...o?action=eVisa

My "most visited site" apart from these forums
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 10:54 am
Just Joined

khz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nice

Originally Posted by freebo
https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry...o?action=eVisa

My "most visited site" apart from these forums
Dear Freebo, Is this site/ link fine 4 paper based application also as mine is paper based.. Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.