Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Old Sep 30th 2009, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

bilaln30 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Originally Posted by khurram View Post
Same what I am thinking about the changes. And i think these changes will effect the applications lodged after sept 23. Old applicatons have nothing to do with this. right?
I am also of the same opinion as Khurram is. My consultant told me that for those applicants who have been asked to undergo medical are in 'Decision Ready' status and not in 'Finalization' stage. In fact those who are in Medical stage are ahead of 'Finalization stage'. What do u all think?
Old Sep 30th 2009, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

khz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nice
Default Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Originally Posted by alesak View Post
more likely after 2012
Mr.ALL, suggest please, Applied August 2007, NON CSL What would u do if u are in my position, from a third world country, invested all your life savings with a family to support…The immigration website says good life… come live here in Australia… and you do go ahead…

Where did u find the Australian government responding…??? Only when they were subjected to the media…???? When the students in Melbourne and Sydney were attacked and no action was taken by the police… They did respond… The Prime Minister of Australia responded… And also came to India... Chris Evans came to India and …almost the governor or Victoria Mr. Brumby wanted to come to India…….. Why??? Because they saw that if we do not do PR now there will be a shortage of applicants in student visa applications… and this is their 3rd largest income…

Similarly my dear friends … we will have to raise the issue of disparity done to us. And this will help speed our applications…
I request u all to write to TIMES NOW, Australian News Channels (ABC), CNN, The Herald, BBC, India Today, and all other media web sites u can write 2…
Make your story as real with all the facts … as they are all facts… Let the world know what this Australian Government is doing with your applications and with your money… They will respond because this is what they fear… Losing money for their people and faith in front of the world.

Please tell me -- what happens if DIAC says that they will need another 2 – 3 years more to process your application after 2012…??? Because the migration act Article 51 of 1958 says that the minister has all the rights to process all applications as he deems fit…

Do not be afraid… Write to the media and make this“Breaking News”…The Australian minister and the government have swindled us… I am attaching here a post by Mr. James Cameron a registered migration agent… Please read this…

"If your nominated occupation is not on the CSL and you have applied for an offshore GSM visa or intend to apply for an offshore GSM before the end of 2009, it is unlikely that your visa will be finalized before the end of 2012.
Your ‘nominated occupation’ is the occupation you nominated at the time you lodged your application and cannot be changed."

This puts a minimum of 2 to 3 years processing timeframe for non CSL applicants - even ones that have applied before the CSL changes. For some applicants this will be 4 years. How on earth will case officers be able to assess work experience claims 4 years after the event?
In all my years in the legal profession and as a migration agent, I would have to say that this new CSL policy is the most ridiculous, backwards thinking, ill-conceived and illogical policy i have ever seen. Shame on the Minister for Immigration for dreaming up this ridiculous policy.
And another ---
in any event, it will be some months until we know what will be happening. but in any event it looks like they are set on implementing the critical "delay" list.

Have a review right and will have to wait around forever for an answer on their applications. It will be good business for immigration lawyers in MRT work - as I anticipate that many applicants will be unreasonably refused by case officers assessing work experience 3 or 4 years after it should have been assessed. I feel sorry for that offshore applicant who won’t
it’s completely barbaric to treat people this way.

Dear friends, let us come together and expose this barbaric action by the minister… Do not get bogged down by the situation… I know that we all have applied for a dream… and we all want this dream to come true. We are all genuine people who want to pursue a dream and live a good hard working life.
Do come forward--- write to all the media houses and I hope that we will achieve something… If u think this will jeopardize ur application than write anonymously… Let us do this at least and then we will see-- what next… I hope” Times Now” or some other channel will expose this. Come forward …and let us not get bogged down with some Mr. CHRIS EVANS who himself was a migrant if I am not wrong…

Please do respond if this is to harsh a suggestion..
Old Sep 30th 2009, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

adam_smith is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Application being processed further

Originally Posted by freebo View Post
Lots of people (inc me) got this on 16 and 17 Sept, no one really seems to know what (if anything) it means in this instance.

As per my information, every case is assigned to a team who is responsible to ensure that the docs provided by the applicant to claim points towards his GSM meets the criteria. After successful verification, the message "Application being processed Further" is displayed, Which means, that your file is ready for a case officer to be assigned. However, If applicant doesn't meet the criteria then his visa gets refused at this stage without assigning to a case officer.
Old Sep 30th 2009, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice

Originally Posted by khz2007 View Post
Mr.ALL, suggest please, Applied August 2007, NON CSL What would u do if u are in my position, from a third world country, invested all your life savings with a family to support…The immigration website says good life… come live here in Australia… and you do go ahead…

Where did u find the Australian government responding…??? Only when they were subjected to the media…???? When the students in Melbourne and Sydney were attacked and no action was taken by the police… They did respond… The Prime Minister of Australia responded… And also came to India... Chris Evans came to India and …almost the governor or Victoria Mr. Brumby wanted to come to India…….. Why??? Because they saw that if we do not do PR now there will be a shortage of applicants in student visa applications… and this is their 3rd largest income…

Similarly my dear friends … we will have to raise the issue of disparity done to us. And this will help speed our applications…
I request u all to write to TIMES NOW, Australian News Channels (ABC), CNN, The Herald, BBC, India Today, and all other media web sites u can write 2…
Make your story as real with all the facts … as they are all facts… Let the world know what this Australian Government is doing with your applications and with your money… They will respond because this is what they fear… Losing money for their people and faith in front of the world.

Please tell me -- what happens if DIAC says that they will need another 2 – 3 years more to process your application after 2012…??? Because the migration act Article 51 of 1958 says that the minister has all the rights to process all applications as he deems fit…

Do not be afraid… Write to the media and make this“Breaking News”…The Australian minister and the government have swindled us… I am attaching here a post by Mr. James Cameron a registered migration agent… Please read this…

"If your nominated occupation is not on the CSL and you have applied for an offshore GSM visa or intend to apply for an offshore GSM before the end of 2009, it is unlikely that your visa will be finalized before the end of 2012.
Your ‘nominated occupation’ is the occupation you nominated at the time you lodged your application and cannot be changed."

This puts a minimum of 2 to 3 years processing timeframe for non CSL applicants - even ones that have applied before the CSL changes. For some applicants this will be 4 years. How on earth will case officers be able to assess work experience claims 4 years after the event?
In all my years in the legal profession and as a migration agent, I would have to say that this new CSL policy is the most ridiculous, backwards thinking, ill-conceived and illogical policy i have ever seen. Shame on the Minister for Immigration for dreaming up this ridiculous policy.
And another ---
in any event, it will be some months until we know what will be happening. but in any event it looks like they are set on implementing the critical "delay" list.

Have a review right and will have to wait around forever for an answer on their applications. It will be good business for immigration lawyers in MRT work - as I anticipate that many applicants will be unreasonably refused by case officers assessing work experience 3 or 4 years after it should have been assessed. I feel sorry for that offshore applicant who won’t
it’s completely barbaric to treat people this way.

Dear friends, let us come together and expose this barbaric action by the minister… Do not get bogged down by the situation… I know that we all have applied for a dream… and we all want this dream to come true. We are all genuine people who want to pursue a dream and live a good hard working life.
Do come forward--- write to all the media houses and I hope that we will achieve something… If u think this will jeopardize ur application than write anonymously… Let us do this at least and then we will see-- what next… I hope” Times Now” or some other channel will expose this. Come forward …and let us not get bogged down with some Mr. CHRIS EVANS who himself was a migrant if I am not wrong…

Please do respond if this is to harsh a suggestion..

excellent stuff mate
Old Sep 30th 2009, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adam_smith View Post
As per my information, every case is assigned to a team who is responsible to ensure that the docs provided by the applicant to claim points towards his GSM meets the criteria. After successful verification, the message "Application being processed Further" is displayed, Which means, that your file is ready for a case officer to be assigned. However, If applicant doesn't meet the criteria then his visa gets refused at this stage without assigning to a case officer.
Sounds eminently logical, many thanks for the info!
Old Sep 30th 2009, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

wpfmv is on a distinguished road

My case status changed to "Application being processed Further" on the 16th but they didn't start employment verification until the following week. I think "Application being processed Further" means just that, your application is being processed Further, I don't believe it represents verification of anything.
Old Sep 30th 2009, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

adam_smith is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wpfmv View Post
My case status changed to "Application being processed Further" on the 16th but they didn't start employment verification until the following week. I think "Application being processed Further" means just that, your application is being processed Further, I don't believe it represents verification of anything.
Probably I have used a wrong word "verification" in the last post for the clarical staff , Instead I should use "Check". Anyway, This clarical team doesn't verify your exp, medical, police clearance etc becoz you don't get any point for these docs . They just make sure that if you claim, for exp, that you have 4 years exp in IT then you have provided a proof of that in terms of exp letter or employer's detail. Similarly, they do check ur skill assessment, exp letter or employers details, ielts test, passport copies, photographs, application form etc. I mean every doc for which you claimed some points, they just make sure u have provided some kind of proof for that. Then, it is CO's responsibility to verify those docs.

Hope you got it.
Old Sep 30th 2009, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by GOBLIN View Post
With the earlier processing priorities some states saw an overwhelming surge in sponsorship applications. Many 175 applicants rushed to convert to state sponsored while some CSL applicants just decided to stay put and wait for their visas. Now DIAC's trying to herd all CSL applicants to seek state sponsorships as well.With the MODL review around the corner and the proposed phasing out of the CSL there could be be a further shift in processing priorities soon.
How would the present CSL applications be impacted when the CSL is phased out? Wouldn't the CSL applications also be in limbo unless DIAC incorporates the current CSL occupations into the forthcoming MODL?
Dear GOBLIN,
I have spent almost the entire day reading thru ppl review of the situation. I am forced to admit that your's is the best one. They only want ppl to go for State sponsor. This would mean lesser state benefits(like centerlink) to new immigrants and lesser burden on economy. They are just herding ppl to go for SS.
Regards,
Bilal
Old Sep 30th 2009, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by supriyag123 View Post
Me too, 175 converted to 176
Old Sep 30th 2009, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bilaln30 View Post
Dear GOBLIN,
I have spent almost the entire day reading thru ppl review of the situation. I am forced to admit that your's is the best one. They only want ppl to go for State sponsor. This would mean lesser state benefits(like centerlink) to new immigrants and lesser burden on economy. They are just herding ppl to go for SS.
Regards,
Bilal
It's ok to say pushing for state sponsored for all but what about those of us who originally applied SS, we still have to wait another 3 years. I have had SS for nearly 2 years already, and was reasonably expecting to be finalised in the next 3 months, why push us to the bottom of the list.

Johnnyyt
Old Sep 30th 2009, 8:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

I am also of the same opinion as Khurram is. My consultant told me that for those applicants who have been asked to undergo medical are in 'Decision Ready' status and not in 'Finalization' stage. In fact those who are in Medical stage are ahead of 'Finalization stage'. What do u all think?
Can anyone confirm or refute this?
If true will it make a difference?

Johnnyyt
Old Sep 30th 2009, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

alesak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by johnnyyt View Post
Can anyone confirm or refute this?
If true will it make a difference?

Johnnyyt
I think nobody except DIAC can confirm, but:

Q6 When did the changes to priority processing come into effect?
The changes take effect from 23 September 2009 and apply to applications lodged with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (the Department) on or after this date. The changes also apply to applications that had been lodged previously with the Department and have not been finalized.

From my point of view finalized means when visa are granted or declined. Sorry.
Old Sep 30th 2009, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Dear GOBLIN,
Regards,
Bilal
New immigrants are not entitled to any centrelink benefits for 2 years...
Old Sep 30th 2009, 11:31 pm
Fronting the Parole Board

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Application being processed further means exactly that. It is being processed further. It doesn't indicate that the application is at any specific stage or that anything particular is being done to it.

Dear GOBLIN,
Regards,
Bilal
Holding a 176 instead of a 175 makes no difference to your centrelink entitlements. New migrants MAY be eligible for child benefit payments and rent assistance, other than that they are entitled to nothing for the first to years so it has no impact whatsoever on the benefit sysem.
Old Oct 1st 2009, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

VanAxel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sunitram View Post
I just wonder what the priority means. I mean, they divided applicants with 6,7 levels and first come, first serve. If - just assumption - the 1st priority applicants accumulated until now are... 1000 person.. and it would take ... just let's say.. 3 months. For 3 months, they will deal with 1000 1st priority, but there will be other applicants who have 1st priority have lodged during these 3 months, then.. The DIAC will deal with these additional 1st priorities.. and so on.. and on.. Then what is the chance of lower priority person? Is this logic true? Someone understand this process please tell me. Thank you.
'Priority' - i.e. 1000 CSL applications & 1000 non-CSL applicants in Jan 09... 1000 CSL applications processed over the next 3-4 months followed by the 500 non-CSL applications over the next 3-4 months + 500 CSL Feb 09 applications... so on an so forth... there has to be a form of processing CSL and non CSL applications to prevent a massive bottleneck in the future; 2-3 yrs down the track.. What the bloody hell DIAC is thinking by just processing ONLY CSL applications I honestly do not know. Arrogance on their side that they are untouchable and can do anything they deem fit? Honestly anyone with brain cells will know the consequences of these actions and implement a process to process CSL and Non-CSL applications co-currently.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.