Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Old Sep 30th 2009, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

VanAxel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Originally Posted by Dennis74
As far as I know, the CSL's phasing-out was mentioned in one of these drafts regarding the changes to the Immigration system. Nothing concrete, no promises.

They might even stick to the phasing-out by declaring the CSL phased out and renaming the list into QuicksvilleVisaList
Absolutely... Let hope those clowns understand that phasing out dosen't equate to just renaming if the same bloody oath processing principals still remain in place!
Old Sep 30th 2009, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

sunitram is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

I just wonder what the priority means. I mean, they divided applicants with 6,7 levels and first come, first serve. If - just assumption - the 1st priority applicants accumulated until now are... 1000 person.. and it would take ... just let's say.. 3 months. For 3 months, they will deal with 1000 1st priority, but there will be other applicants who have 1st priority have lodged during these 3 months, then.. The DIAC will deal with these additional 1st priorities.. and so on.. and on.. Then what is the chance of lower priority person? Is this logic true? Someone understand this process please tell me. Thank you.
Old Sep 30th 2009, 3:34 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunitram
I just wonder what the priority means. I mean, they divided applicants with 6,7 levels and first come, first serve. If - just assumption - the 1st priority applicants accumulated until now are... 1000 person.. and it would take ... just let's say.. 3 months. For 3 months, they will deal with 1000 1st priority, but there will be other applicants who have 1st priority have lodged during these 3 months, then.. The DIAC will deal with these additional 1st priorities.. and so on.. and on.. Then what is the chance of lower priority person? Is this logic true? Someone understand this process please tell me. Thank you.
The only people who'll be able to answer that are DIAC.....
Old Sep 30th 2009, 4:52 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Polly,

A good opportunity to give one of Zeno's paradoxes a run, this is Achilles and the Tortoise as stated by Wikipedia:

Achilles and the tortoise
“ In a race, the quickest runner can never overtake the slowest, since the pursuer must first reach the point whence the pursued started, so that the slower must always hold a lead. ”

—Aristotle, Physics VI:9, 239b15

In the paradox of Achilles and the Tortoise, Achilles is in a footrace with the tortoise. Achilles allows the tortoise a head start of 100 metres. If we suppose that each racer starts running at some constant speed (one very fast and one very slow), then after some finite time, Achilles will have run 100 metres, bringing him to the tortoise's starting point. During this time, the tortoise has run a much shorter distance, say, 10 metres. It will then take Achilles some further time to run that distance, by which time the tortoise will have advanced farther; and then more time still to reach this third point, while the tortoise moves ahead. Thus, whenever Achilles reaches somewhere the tortoise has been, he still has farther to go. Therefore, because there are an infinite number of points Achilles must reach where the tortoise has already been, he can never overtake the tortoise. Of course, simple experience tells us that Achilles will be able to overtake the tortoise, which is why this is a paradox.

Unfortunately, simple experience doesn't confirm whether DIAC will ever grant a particular visa within a particular timeframe, but it does confirm that every visa application eventually gets processed to finality.

cheers,

George Lombard
Old Sep 30th 2009, 5:56 am
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi Polly,

A good opportunity to give one of Zeno's paradoxes a run, this is Achilles and the Tortoise as stated by Wikipedia:

“ In a race, the quickest runner can never overtake the slowest, since the pursuer must first reach the point whence the pursued started, so that the slower must always hold a lead. ”

In the paradox of Achilles and the Tortoise, Achilles is in a footrace with the tortoise. Achilles allows the tortoise a head start of 100 metres. If we suppose that each racer starts running at some constant speed (one very fast and one very slow), then after some finite time, Achilles will have run 100 metres, bringing him to the tortoise's starting point. During this time, the tortoise has run a much shorter distance, say, 10 metres. It will then take Achilles some further time to run that distance, by which time the tortoise will have advanced farther; and then more time still to reach this third point, while the tortoise moves ahead. Thus, whenever Achilles reaches somewhere the tortoise has been, he still has farther to go. Therefore, because there are an infinite number of points Achilles must reach where the tortoise has already been, he can never overtake the tortoise. Of course, simple experience tells us that Achilles will be able to overtake the tortoise, which is why this is a paradox.

Unfortunately, simple experience doesn't confirm whether DIAC will ever grant a particular visa within a particular timeframe, but it does confirm that every visa application eventually gets processed to finality.

cheers,

George Lombard

Lol .... good one...
Old Sep 30th 2009, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

sunitram is on a distinguished road

Hi Polly,

cheers,

George Lombard
I understand what you mean. Thank you. Hopefully Achilles runs much faster than turtles. I mean.. the time.. when.
Old Sep 30th 2009, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Polly,

cheers,

George Lombard
In real life I know which one I'd rather be, and its not the one with the shell!
Old Sep 30th 2009, 7:01 am
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by freebo
In real life I know which one I'd rather be, and its not the one with the shell!
In real life this not true at all!!!
Old Sep 30th 2009, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

Duncan_Mc will become famous soon enough

In my opinion the fair decison would have been to cap averall migration intake and abandon all these priorities. Just proccess people in order of their applications were lodged.
Difficult time? For a migrant it's always difficult time.
Old Sep 30th 2009, 7:42 am
Just Joined

Huwaarix is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by isr999
Just a quick one, how many people know of employers that are offering sponsorship ????, any employer runs a mile when you ask them to sponsor you. I wonder if this is all smoke and mirrors untill the next bomb shell in October ??.

Night all

V True....Employers doesnt know much about Visa and sponsorship...They think that it would put them in somesort of trouble and commitment....
Old Sep 30th 2009, 3:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice

Originally Posted by Duncan_Mc
In my opinion the fair decison would have been to cap averall migration intake and abandon all these priorities. Just proccess people in order of their applications were lodged.
Difficult time? For a migrant it's always difficult time.

Hi Duncan.
I feel your agony, cos I am on the same boat, Medical, PCC all completed
on 18th Sept,
Can we sue DIAC over this issue ?
If I am not mistaken usually any changes does not applies for applicants who have done medicals.
Old Sep 30th 2009, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

khz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nicekhz2007 is just really nice

Originally Posted by freebo
Dear All friends here,

Please clarify this jargon....
to have my application finalised?
If your nominated occupation is not on the CSL and you have applied for an offshore GSM visa or intend to apply for an offshore GSM before the end of 2009, it is unlikely that your visa will be finalized before the end of 2012.

I have already applied in August 2007 and I am not CSL.. What does this mean ??? I will be assessed before 2012 or after 2012 ???????????? Please clarify .. Any agents around ???
Old Sep 30th 2009, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

alesak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by khz2007
Dear All friends here,

Please clarify this jargon....
to have my application finalised?
If your nominated occupation is not on the CSL and you have applied for an offshore GSM visa or intend to apply for an offshore GSM before the end of 2009, it is unlikely that your visa will be finalized before the end of 2012.

I have already applied in August 2007 and I am not CSL.. What does this mean ??? I will be assessed before 2012 or after 2012 ???????????? Please clarify .. Any agents around ???
more likely after 2012
Old Sep 30th 2009, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

vandm is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Polly,

cheers,

George Lombard
wow on a visa forum website we are getting free philosophy classes!!aristotle, socrates et al are tumbling out their graves and helping us to withstand this farce that the aus govt has heaped on us. i think we guys who have applied for an oz visa have to be even more optimistic than the red army which was staring at certain defeat when facing the nazis in WWII!!
Old Sep 30th 2009, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

alesak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vandm
wow on a visa forum website we are getting free philosophy classes!!aristotle, socrates et al are tumbling out their graves and helping us to withstand this farce that the aus govt has heaped on us. i think we guys who have applied for an oz visa have to be even more optimistic than the red army which was staring at certain defeat when facing the nazis in WWII!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.