Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Old Sep 28th 2009, 4:05 am
Just Joined

oasis23598 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

I am a SS applicant with MODL,CSL and 3 months Concessional English Course.
My question is will i get Priority???
Old Sep 28th 2009, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

VanAxel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Originally Posted by Mayur
Not true at all.....minimum salary criteria is less than half which you quoted for ENS....
According to my agent, the position I was offered required that as my min wage but the company was only willing to offer 80% of that.

If you know of any company that is willing to offer 165k/yr in these troubled times to migrants.. let me know.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

alhatti has a spectacular aura aboutalhatti has a spectacular aura aboutalhatti has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by oasis23598
I am a SS applicant with MODL,CSL and 3 months Concessional English Course.
My question is will i get Priority???
IELTS is mandatory i don't think DIAC will accept any thing else.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

VanAxel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mpgrewal
@VanAxel

Cool down mate. There are many people who are in much more pain than you due to policy changes. We have no control over it, so don't look at the problem rather look at alternatives and solutions.
Just pissed off with all the changes and a department that simply can't seem to make up their minds and doesn't know which path they want to head down to and the people running them.

Known should have laid off the booze over the weekend!
Old Sep 28th 2009, 8:06 am
Just Joined

oasis23598 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alhatti
IELTS is mandatory i don't think DIAC will accept any thing else.
Thanks a lot for reply.
At my online status----
IELTS English Test Report Results(its avg. 6)---Met
And
Evidence of English language training ---Met

so i think DIAC accept it. isn't ??
Old Sep 28th 2009, 9:52 am
Just Joined

dollar_124 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shaz36
I am on the CSL with no SS or family sponsorship. I read in the FAQ section that being CSL, this will be processed in around 12 months from date of application.

Where does it state that only the first 3 groups enjoy priority processing?

Given that the numbers that would be in the first 3 categories are likely to be low, dont think it will affect me adversely. I cant imagine why someone would have applied for SS as well as CSL up to now, or family sponsorship and CSL, therefore if not too many people in 1-3 categories, then not too long to wait for CSL applications.

Shaz
Dear Shaz,
I also agree with. I don't find anywher that only 3 categories will be process earlier.

I am on CSL(Electrical Engineer) and applied 24th April,09 in 175 subclass. I can covert my application to subclass 176.

Can anybody say that it will going to shorten process time?
Old Sep 28th 2009, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dollar_124
Dear Shaz,
I also agree with. I don't find anywher that only 3 categories will be process earlier.

I am on CSL(Electrical Engineer) and applied 24th April,09 in 175 subclass. I can covert my application to subclass 176.

Can anybody say that it will going to shorten process time?
Non sponsored CSL is priority 4, state sponsored CSL is priority 2 so yes it should shorten the process IF you can get sponsorship, which seems to have slowed down a lot lately.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 7:44 am
ajt
Forum Regular

ajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really niceajt is just really nice

They say "If your occupation is on CSL , you application is likely to be finalised in 12 months from the date of lodgement"
I wonder how is this possible if they are planning to phase out the CSL early next year...i mean if the CSL aint there...the question of priority for CSLers doesnt arise...right??

So ...is the DIAC misleading prospective applicants
Old Sep 29th 2009, 8:39 am
Just Joined

mark123 is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied in 2008 Oct. I was on the MODL. Then they came up with a CSL and I was not in it. How can they keep changing the rules, while they took my money in Advance. Now they say to wait till 2012. I want a refund. Its not the money but the way they are taking us for granted. I am talking to my lawyer. I dont care how much it will cost me I am going fight for a refund.

Anyone who wants to join in is welcome. Refund our money !! This is day light robbery. And smart axxxed moderators please don't put your 2 cents here
Old Sep 29th 2009, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

JMC1678 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Deutschmaster
Am I right in thinking that the losers are those who are requesting state sponsorship but their occupation is not on the CSL?

Whereas in the old scheme they would have been processed in priority to CSL applicants without state sponsorship - but now they will be processed after?

wow that sucks.
Yep. I could have had SS a long time ago but I decided to go for the freedom of a 175. Then I was removed from CSL so I applied for SS as a form of queue jumping. Now that's changed and, after a 2 year wait with medicals paid for, I don't know what to do next.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 9:01 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mark123
I applied in 2008 Oct. I was on the MODL. Then they came up with a CSL and I was not in it. How can they keep changing the rules, while they took my money in Advance. Now they say to wait till 2012. I want a refund. Its not the money but the way they are taking us for granted. I am talking to my lawyer. I dont care how much it will cost me I am going fight for a refund.

Anyone who wants to join in is welcome. Refund our money !! This is day light robbery. And smart axxxed moderators please don't put your 2 cents here
I don't really see why you feel it necessary to make a snide remark at the mods - they are hardly responsible for DIAC's tardy processing.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

supriyag123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I don't really see why you feel it necessary to make a snide remark at the mods - they are hardly responsible for DIAC's tardy processing.
Agree with Polly...no need to involve mods in this mate.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

dollar_124 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by freebo
Non sponsored CSL is priority 4, state sponsored CSL is priority 2 so yes it should shorten the process IF you can get sponsorship, which seems to have slowed down a lot lately.
Dear Freebo,
Subclass 176 is for Family sponsored and the prority of which is 3.
Stepping from 4 to 3. Do you think it is feasible/right?
Old Sep 29th 2009, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dollar_124
Dear Freebo,
Subclass 176 is for Family sponsored and the prority of which is 3.
Stepping from 4 to 3. Do you think it is feasible/right?
I'm sorry I have no idea what if any difference that will make, or how long the family sponsorship will take to do.
Old Sep 29th 2009, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

Dennis74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ajt
They say "If your occupation is on CSL , you application is likely to be finalised in 12 months from the date of lodgement"
I wonder how is this possible if they are planning to phase out the CSL early next year...i mean if the CSL aint there...the question of priority for CSLers doesnt arise...right??

So ...is the DIAC misleading prospective applicants

As far as I know, the CSL's phasing-out was mentioned in one of these drafts regarding the changes to the Immigration system. Nothing concrete, no promises.

They might even stick to the phasing-out by declaring the CSL phased out and renaming the list into QuicksvilleVisaList

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.