Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Old Sep 23rd 2009, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

Explorer77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Szervusz Hori,

I think that the CSL won't be phased out until next year - I would think that releasing this more detailed statement of priorities now would indicate a longer persion of uneasy coexistence between the MODL and the CSL.

Szia,

George Lombard
Szervusz George,

Could you let me know how you learnt those Hungarian words? Google or is there another source? By the way, Feri sounds also Hungarian to me

Nice
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

shaz36 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Originally Posted by HoriFTC
Have you checked this:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...htm#processing

The column "Priority Processing" is marked with #, which means:

Applications which fall into the first three priorities.

(see below the table)
Hi,
I hadnt seen that table. It seems to contradict what the main document says, as it says:

Q10 How long will it take for my application to be finalised if my nominated occupation is on the CSL? If you have applied for an onshore or offshore GSM visa and your nominated occupation is on the CSL, it is estimated that your application will be finalised within 12 months from your lodgement date.

It also says:

Q18 I am an Accountant with a score of International English Language Testing System (IELTS) 7 in all four components of the test, am I eligible for priority processing? Accountants who have scored a minimum of 7 (Proficient English) in all four components of an IELTS test are eligible for priority processing under the CSL.

These statements seem to state that CSL get priority processing.

Shaz
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

HoriFTC will become famous soon enoughHoriFTC will become famous soon enough
Default Re: New Processing Priorities for GSM and Business Visas - Effective 23 September

Originally Posted by Explorer77
Szervusz George,

Could you let me know how you learnt those Hungarian words? Google or is there another source? By the way, Feri sounds also Hungarian to me

Nice
Yes, Feri is also a hungarian name, definitely.

Last edited by HoriFTC; Sep 23rd 2009 at 6:41 pm.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

HoriFTC will become famous soon enoughHoriFTC will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by shaz36
Hi,
I hadnt seen that table. It seems to contradict what the main document says, as it says:

Q10 How long will it take for my application to be finalised if my nominated occupation is on the CSL? If you have applied for an onshore or offshore GSM visa and your nominated occupation is on the CSL, it is estimated that your application will be finalised within 12 months from your lodgement date.

It also says:

Q18 I am an Accountant with a score of International English Language Testing System (IELTS) 7 in all four components of the test, am I eligible for priority processing? Accountants who have scored a minimum of 7 (Proficient English) in all four components of an IELTS test are eligible for priority processing under the CSL.

These statements seem to state that CSL get priority processing.

Shaz
It is not the only one contradiction in the document in my opinion.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

The main reason for introducing this change is to have occupations on the CSL receiving priority. I dont see how being 4th in the list would be 'non-priority' as you are still CSL. I still believe that all CSL applicants will be processed as a priority. All the FAQ's refer to CSL as being priority.

I am hoping (!!) that this is true, as I thought I was only a few weeks away from being allocated a case officer. I'm hoping there are not many in the categories 1-3!! My agent seems to be of the opinion too, that it may even benefit me as all those state sponsored applicants on the MODL move down the queue.

Shaz
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

INDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really nice

Originally Posted by shaz36
The main reason for introducing this change is to have occupations on the CSL receiving priority. I dont see how being 4th in the list would be 'non-priority' as you are still CSL. I still believe that all CSL applicants will be processed as a priority. All the FAQ's refer to CSL as being priority.

I am hoping (!!) that this is true, as I thought I was only a few weeks away from being allocated a case officer. I'm hoping there are not many in the categories 1-3!! My agent seems to be of the opinion too, that it may even benefit me as all those state sponsored applicants on the MODL move down the queue.

Shaz
IMHO, the table for estimated visa processing time has got it wrong. It contradicts with the priority processing as set in "Updated Priority Processing Effective from 23 September 2009 Frequently Asked Questions".
Or perhaps the priority processing under the table refers to the old priority processing which was:
1) employer sponsorship
2) state sponsorhip
3) csl
4) an occopation on the modl
5) and all other applications

However, lets see if any new information can prove me wrong.

Last edited by INDOAUS; Sep 23rd 2009 at 7:41 pm.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, I agree exactly.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

stinka is an unknown quantity at this point

:curse::curse::curse:absolutely gutted. applied for 176 october 08, co assigned 2 weeks ago, police checks sent last week, attended medical today...

i understand the meds and police checks are only valid for 1 year, does this mean we will have to go through the whole thing again??? :S
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

Are you on the CSL?
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

Leedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the roughLeedelta is a jewel in the rough

Beautiful, my meds are winging their way to Sydney HOC as we speak. So much for heading to Australia in January 2010

I applied in Mar 2009, told have CO by May 2009, then June 2009, got one in Sep 2009 and now I am in limbo again

12 months from date of application....I will believe it when I see it
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 9:27 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

I got my SS, non-CSL 176 grant email last week.
I'm feeling like I nearly fell off a cliff....
2012 !
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Leedelta
Beautiful, my meds are winging their way to Sydney HOC as we speak. So much for heading to Australia in January 2010

I applied in Mar 2009, told have CO by May 2009, then June 2009, got one in Sep 2009 and now I am in limbo again

Hi,
I wouldnt think you'd have to wait too long if they're already at that stage, and you are CSL. You're still priority processing, albeit, below Employer sponsored, SS/CSL and family sponsored/CSL. Then you're next in line.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

INDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really niceINDOAUS is just really nice

Originally Posted by Leedelta

Estimated time is 12 months. The actual time may be less or, as in my case, more.

BTW, I think as Shaz36 said, ur application is still in priority processing, as u are in CSL.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

isr999 is just really niceisr999 is just really niceisr999 is just really niceisr999 is just really niceisr999 is just really niceisr999 is just really niceisr999 is just really niceisr999 is just really nice

Just a quick one, how many people know of employers that are offering sponsorship ????, any employer runs a mile when you ask them to sponsor you. I wonder if this is all smoke and mirrors untill the next bomb shell in October ??.

Night all
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

Ahmas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by INDOAUS
IMHO, the table for estimated visa processing time has got it wrong. It contradicts with the priority processing as set in "Updated Priority Processing Effective from 23 September 2009 Frequently Asked Questions".
Or perhaps the priority processing under the table refers to the old priority processing which was:
1) employer sponsorship
2) state sponsorhip
3) csl
4) an occopation on the modl
5) and all other applications

However, lets see if any new information can prove me wrong.
Hi All'

175 is not employer , State, or family sponsored visa which are the first three priorities in the document, so when they state that 175 will be finalized within 15months, it does mean that 175 applicants with nominated occupation on CSL will receive priority processing, and will not wait till 2012.

but to be honest, they change the rules very fast and nobody is safe in these circumstances, who knows what DIAC is preparing for the next turn. it is either three weeks or three years. in my opinion everybody should forget about the VISA till he gets it in his hand, don't think a lot.

BR.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.