Wikiposts

New PC Help?

Old Dec 13th 2007, 10:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New PC Help?

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Sounds like the way to go.

How did you buy your components , did you go via a pc seller, ebay or what.. may i ask ?

Was thinking of this:

mobo - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L
cpu - INTEL CORE 2 QUAD Q6600 2.4Ghz
ram - DDR2 4GB PC6400 800MHz
hd - Samsung OR Western Digital 500GB SATAII/7200RPM/16Mb CACHE
case - THERMALTAKE
psu - unsure ( dell opt for 750w )
gpu - NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 512MB ( or 768MB if can convince missus )
cd/dvd - LIGHTSCRIBE probs SAMSUNG
Was thinking, just assemble it, and hook it as per my current system.

MAIN concern is Over heating, and have seen some real cool, cooling systems, but not sure how to determine correct ( fannage lol )

and deffo XP not VISTA , we have vista on a tosh m100 ( albeit running 512mb ram ) it suffers from snail carrying a backpack syndrome, wearing gumboots thru treacle .

Is this kinda on the right tracks?

Dont need lan or network card, as just hooking up via bb.
Possibly prefer separate sound card, but not sure on whats best.
Heard aegia gfx accelerators are ultra cool, and the THANG to have ( not for my pc, but for son's Counterstrike crap )

I WANTS:
would be some cool neons, cool case, lcd temp readout.

... hmm
have pmd ya mate but dont know if it'll be of any use looking at what you want
Old Dec 13th 2007, 10:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Paul, I will grab him later, hes probs on the PISS !!!!
Good guess mate you psychic ? Managed to put a 5 hour boozer shift in yesterday with a few lads to celebrate 4 weeks off work
Are ya coming up SATURDAY then (early)or just giving it a miss ?
Old Dec 13th 2007, 10:58 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
have pmd ya mate but dont know if it'll be of any use looking at what you want
PM'ed ya back !!! Cheers Old Bean

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Good guess mate you psychic ? Managed to put a 5 hour boozer shift in yesterday with a few lads to celebrate 4 weeks off work
Are ya coming up SATURDAY then (early)or just giving it a miss ?
LMAO ( Im working over the xmas period which pisses me off, and working next mon tues weds and fri !!!!! )

Think we is gonna give it a miss on Saturday, only cos I thought it was gonna be like the redcliffe meet at that place where we all sat outside n drank copious amounts of piss for hours on end lol

Plus, we have friends coming on Sunday, so probs be best that I am compus Mentos !!!!

Next time though, you know me, .....

some twat asks the old chestnut, is the glass half full, or half empty !! dickhead who gives a shit, drink the fookah its getting warm !!

LMAO

I gots ya number and if we change our minds and give it a shot for saturday, I will callya
Take it your wearing white n blue sailors outfit, and deck shoes pmsl.. seein as its the yacht club ( good job KAZ ( fluffs biatch ) dont know the place, she thinks its called the YAKK KLUB !!
Old Dec 13th 2007, 12:33 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

How did you buy your components , did you go via a pc seller, ebay or what.. may i ask ?

Was thinking of this:

case - THERMALTAKE

MAIN concern is Over heating, and have seen some real cool, cooling systems, but not sure how to determine correct ( fannage lol )

and deffo XP not VISTA , we have vista on a tosh m100 ( albeit running 512mb ram ) it suffers from snail carrying a backpack syndrome, wearing gumboots thru treacle .

Heard aegia gfx accelerators are ultra cool, and the THANG to have ( not for my pc, but for son's Counterstrike crap )

I WANTS:

... hmm
The system I built used that mobo. Unless you're planning on some extreme overclocking, the stock cooling will be fan. Just vent back and front with 120mm fans and double check you've got in/out direction with the fans! Northbridge and Southbridge chips were fine with the stock heatsinks. Everything else is fine - not bleeding edge tech, but a high-end rig capable of playing anything around at the moment. Remember to get XP 64-bit though - or you'll only see 3.2Gb of your RAM. On-board sound is fine, but it's another burden on the CPU so if you do want to eek out extra speed, stick an X-Fi or similar in.

As to the stuff - I get it from resellers and distributers.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 8:14 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
The system I built used that mobo. Unless you're planning on some extreme overclocking, the stock cooling will be fan. Just vent back and front with 120mm fans and double check you've got in/out direction with the fans! Northbridge and Southbridge chips were fine with the stock heatsinks. Everything else is fine - not bleeding edge tech, but a high-end rig capable of playing anything around at the moment. Remember to get XP 64-bit though - or you'll only see 3.2Gb of your RAM. On-board sound is fine, but it's another burden on the CPU so if you do want to eek out extra speed, stick an X-Fi or similar in.

As to the stuff - I get it from resellers and distributers.
Well took yours n bobs advice and moneypens...

Headed round today, went a cpl of places, and ended back at first shop, on Strathpine Rd , Strathpine ( computer shop )

Ordered 2 systems off him, both custom built.

Gone for xp 32 bit on one system, and 2 gig ram, quad processor, and a sweet gfx card, good case, and the mobo you mentioned.

On the pc for me, ended up with quad core, 8 gig ram running at 800 mhz, 64 bit vista business, 64 bit gfx card, onboard sound, same mobo you said, and some other jiggery pokery..

Was very pleased with their straightforward attitude, and was good to be served by Geeks who, looked like weekend trainspotters, i thought I WANT YOU BUILDIN MY MACHINE ! lolol

So , hopefully should be sorted pre xmas, they are strugglin on the ram at the mo, and they did say the 256mb gfx card is faster for what i want , than using a 512mb+ card which is great for animation, but crap for what i would need... so seemed to make sense.

Oh and went for thermaltake cases, I opted for the soprano, glass sided, and HAD to have blue led cooling fan lololol .. and opted for a more sedate case for son, with blue neon digi thermometer pmsl

Ok ya havta have some BLING !

Thanks for all your help guys, didnt feel such a dillpickle without your imput
Old Dec 13th 2007, 8:56 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Was thinking of this:

case - THERMALTAKE

I WANTS:

... hmm
Speaky da English, mate... innit!
Old Dec 13th 2007, 8:59 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Speaky da English, mate... innit!
You're an Apple 'user', missus. If it's any easier to understand, just consider it as black magic.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 9:04 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Well took yours n bobs advice and moneypens...

Headed round today, went a cpl of places, and ended back at first shop, on Strathpine Rd , Strathpine ( computer shop )

Ordered 2 systems off him, both custom built.

Gone for xp 32 bit on one system, and 2 gig ram, quad processor, and a sweet gfx card, good case, and the mobo you mentioned.

On the pc for me, ended up with quad core, 8 gig ram running at 800 mhz, 64 bit vista business, 64 bit gfx card, onboard sound, same mobo you said, and some other jiggery pokery..

Was very pleased with their straightforward attitude, and was good to be served by Geeks who, looked like weekend trainspotters, i thought I WANT YOU BUILDIN MY MACHINE ! lolol

So , hopefully should be sorted pre xmas, they are strugglin on the ram at the mo, and they did say the 256mb gfx card is faster for what i want , than using a 512mb+ card which is great for animation, but crap for what i would need... so seemed to make sense.

Oh and went for thermaltake cases, I opted for the soprano, glass sided, and HAD to have blue led cooling fan lololol .. and opted for a more sedate case for son, with blue neon digi thermometer pmsl

Thanks for all your help guys, didnt feel such a dillpickle without your imput
Just need to say...Vista is pants. First time in my whole life I have downgraded my system! Spent 6 months with vista on a top machine and it just annoyed the hell out of me daily. Final straw was a new piece of kit I have that didn't have vista drivers and no chance of getting them anytime soon.

Now My super duper PC is running XP and it's sheer bliss again.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by Hutch
You're an Apple 'user', missus. If it's any easier to understand, just consider it as black magic.
Ooooh!

<scratch hiss scratch>

You're just jealous of my superior machinery....

Old Dec 13th 2007, 9:30 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You tart
Old Dec 13th 2007, 11:10 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by arkon
Just need to say...Vista is pants. First time in my whole life I have downgraded my system! Spent 6 months with vista on a top machine and it just annoyed the hell out of me daily. Final straw was a new piece of kit I have that didn't have vista drivers and no chance of getting them anytime soon.

Now My super duper PC is running XP and it's sheer bliss again.
I hate VISTA with PASSION !! But well.. if you cant beat em join em, and Vista business 64 bit allows me to plop back to xp pro

Originally Posted by moneypen20
You tart
i know, hahahahaha
Old Dec 14th 2007, 2:15 pm

Resistence is futile..... .