Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

new neighbours, who has to introduce?

Wikiposts

new neighbours, who has to introduce?

Old Sep 1st 2010, 10:33 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new neighbours, who has to introduce?

Originally Posted by expatasia
Nowt ventured nowt gained
True......must have gained something somewhere I guess, even if only on the friendship front
Old Sep 1st 2010, 10:54 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
True......must have gained something somewhere I guess, even if only on the friendship front
and a large pile of empty beer cans
Old Sep 1st 2010, 10:55 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

How good to see another thread remaining on topic!
Old Sep 1st 2010, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Is there a 'rule' in any other country?
I was told by an educated person in the UK, the 'old one' has to welcome the newcomers.

In my home country the new neighbours have to introduce themselves, it is expected from you and nobody has a problem with it.
Old Sep 1st 2010, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
Couldn't catch a bloody cold i have a minor heart attack every time a cross comes in.

On a positive note my lad is fully trained in the art of the chant

In fact both kids proudly shout "if you hate Tottenham", when I say "stand up"
You have got your children well trained there

I don't know what Arsene was playing at by not signing a goalkeeper and for once I am glad we have cancelled Foxtel as my nerves can't cope with watching Arsenal's defence at the moment

I remember neighbours we had in England who supported Leeds and when they came over the first words my then 6 year old said to them was "dirty Leeds!"
Old Sep 1st 2010, 11:33 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
How good to see another thread remaining on topic!
Its football, good way to get to know your neighbours - ask Expatasia

Originally Posted by Evelin
I was told by an educated person in the UK, the 'old one' has to welcome the newcomers.

In my home country the new neighbours have to introduce themselves, it is expected from you and nobody has a problem with it.
I guess in years gone by the older more established neighbour would've done the welcoming but these days its not uncommon to live hext door to someone for years in the UK and never even say hello to them, never mind "get introduced"

Originally Posted by petensue

I remember neighbours we had in England who supported Leeds and when they came over the first words my then 6 year old said to them was "dirty Leeds!"
Old Sep 1st 2010, 11:54 pm

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point

Its football, good way to get to know your neighbours - ask Expatasia

What makes it worse is that he looks like Everton's Leon Osman
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 12:03 am
Home and Happy

What makes it worse is that he looks like Everton's Leon Osman
Tip him over the balcony for the gomi?
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 12:11 am

expatasia is an unknown quantity at this point

Tip him over the balcony for the gomi?

The Big One (long overdue here) will sort out the wimp.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 12:13 am
Home and Happy

The Big One (long overdue here) will sort out the wimp.
As long as it doesn't bring a tsunami with it (or if it does make sure its someone else's shift )
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 1:21 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
What was that PP? Did you have something - to share?
I sent you some nice 'sharing karma' Badge.