Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

A New Life down under

Wikiposts

A New Life down under

Old Jul 26th 2006, 1:27 am
Got our visas

julie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of lightjulie hilton is a glorious beacon of light
Default A New Life down under

Just to let you know, if you have cable channel, the programme New life down under is about to start on 509 NTL 2.30pm.

Its worth a watch.

This programme is about a woman and her children living in the cold coast.

cheers
Old Jul 26th 2006, 2:22 am
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A New Life down under

Originally Posted by julie hilton
Just to let you know, if you have cable channel, the programme New life down under is about to start on 509 NTL 2.30pm.

Its worth a watch.

This programme is about a woman and her children living in the cold coast.

cheers

They should rename is to 'Don't bother watching this its a repeat...yet again'

l think this is the one where the bloke's wife and kids treat him like shit. They need a slap.

or is it the one where the Welsh chap lands his dream job a a postman ?

TC
Old Jul 26th 2006, 2:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Angela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=touchingcloth]

No - sounds like the disfunctional "singletons" from Blackpool - the poor woman who has to stayed married to the abusive alcoholic to stay in OZ, but you have to admit she has balls !

Though I do agree and feel sorry for the family you are talking about - that fitness womans a nasty piece of work LOL

angela

ps - seen the Tasmania one, the bloke reminds me of NED flanders from simpsons HA HA
Old Jul 26th 2006, 2:37 am
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Angela Marie]
Originally Posted by touchingcloth

No - sounds like the disfunctional "singletons" from Blackpool - the poor woman who has to stayed married to the abusive alcoholic to stay in OZ, but you have to admit she has balls !

Though I do agree and feel sorry for the family you are talking about - that fitness womans a nasty piece of work LOL

angela

ps - seen the Tasmania one, the bloke reminds me of NED flanders from simpsons HA HA

yeh..seen that one too...felt sorry for the kids (although they seemd to be enjoying it) . Wouldn't u be pissed of if your parents were moving to Oz to buy a little shop in what seemed to be the a******e of Australia.

Maaaannn Tasmanian life looks grim.

Last edited by Pollyana; Sep 8th 2006 at 1:12 am. Reason: language
Old Jul 26th 2006, 2:48 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=touchingcloth]
Originally Posted by Angela Marie

yeh..seen that one too...felt sorry for the kids (although they seemd to be enjoying it) . Wouldn't u be pissed of if your parents were moving to Oz to buy a little shop in what seemed to be the arsehole of Australia.

Maaaannn Tasmanian life looks grim.
i love ur name touching cloth...does that mean u need a poo!
Old Jul 26th 2006, 3:04 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=paulrachel]

I think TouchingCloth has the best name on here, makes me laugh each and every time I see it.

Another expression of the same is 'Prairie Dogging'. (think about it)
Old Jul 26th 2006, 3:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Stephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond repute

I think theres a huge thread on this TV show somewhere.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 3:09 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=paulrachel]
How dare you!

Its my real name you know.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 6:22 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

this program was flogged to death on many a thread when it first came out a year or two ago.

its edited to show the worst side of peoples personalities and weaknesses, and I think everyone should be sensitive to this ... there were enough 'that russell kid needs a slap' posts first time round and its sad to read peoples reactions to ratings-grabbing editing!
Old Jul 26th 2006, 6:39 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

I think to be fair the op was only telling us it was on the fekking television, dont really think she deserved the friggin sarcastic replies.

sorry then again we are off to the arsehole of Australia so what the **** do I know
Old Jul 26th 2006, 7:17 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: A New Life down under

Originally Posted by julie hilton
living in the cold coast.
This is the second funniest typo I have seen on this site, after Utopia's crap cakes.

Buzzy
Old Jul 26th 2006, 7:20 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
I think to be fair the op was only telling us it was on the fekking television, dont really think she deserved the friggin sarcastic replies.

sorry then again we are off to the arsehole of Australia so what the **** do I know
have a look at the map
tassie looks more like ....................
Attached Thumbnails A New Life down under-tasmap-600.gif  

Last edited by Pollyana; Sep 8th 2006 at 1:13 am. Reason: just use your imagination!
Old Jul 26th 2006, 7:22 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: A New Life down under

Originally Posted by steve`o
tassie looks more like a f***y
Map O' Tassie mate!

Buzzy

Last edited by Pollyana; Sep 8th 2006 at 1:14 am.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 6:40 am
Forum Regular

sprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nicesprite_green is just really nice

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
this program was flogged to death on many a thread when it first came out a year or two ago.

its edited to show the worst side of peoples personalities and weaknesses, and I think everyone should be sensitive to this ... there were enough 'that russell kid needs a slap' posts first time round and its sad to read peoples reactions to ratings-grabbing editing!
Agree (belatedly) re. the editing.

I was doing a search to see if anyone knew of how some of the families worked out.

SG
Old Sep 7th 2006, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Stephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond reputeStephen has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Professional Princess]
Originally Posted by paulrachel

I think TouchingCloth has the best name on here, makes me laugh each and every time I see it.

Another expression of the same is 'Prairie Dogging'. (think about it)
Do we have any members called TurtlesHead?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.