Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The New Coles advert anyone?

The New Coles advert anyone?

Old Apr 16th 2010, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

DibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really nice
Default Re: The New Coles advert anyone?

Originally Posted by Dreamy
The MIL and her DrunkenBF were enthusing about that - she said the bottle of wine is decent, the food is good and its definitely excellent value for money.
Th wine is ok, the food is awful
Old May 7th 2010, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

rosszero is an unknown quantity at this point

There's no Dine In deals at the moment, but not being much of a fan of wine, I'd rather get a chinese down the local with a soft drink, with all the sides, for the same price.

This way I get out of the house, and there's a lot more food in it!
Old May 7th 2010, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

The reason that the adverts are similar is because the ad agency for Coles has employed the same person who wrote etc the ads for Sainsbury
Old May 7th 2010, 1:12 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
I had a look at the feed 4 for $10 buck recipies. 400g meat a couple of pineapple rings and ONE cup of rice to feed 4 people, erm right

Maybe hes been employed by the aussie govt to slim down the monster sized population
I only use one cup of rice for the four of us
Old May 7th 2010, 2:09 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Yeah me too. If I am making chilli I use 500g of mince and 1 cup of rice plus all the other bits that go in chilli. That easily feeds 4 of us with leftover chilli to have on a jacket spud the day after.
Old May 7th 2010, 8:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20

Yes but I bet your meal consists of more than half a pineapple ring and a matchbox size piece of meat to go with it Maybe the shallot garnish is filling

The meal is also for aussies, most would down a meal 10 times that size
Old May 7th 2010, 9:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pomtastic
Marks and Spencers food is getting cheaper.

http://www.ausfoodnews.com.au/2010/0...ghs-on-ms.html

M&S are doing 'dine in for 2' meal deal for £10. You get main, side dish, dessert and a bottle of wine for £10. That sound's like fantastic value to me and food looks good.

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Dine-...id=AB_HP_ST_DI

M&S have some amazing food deals at the moment. 3 Kid meals for £5, and also 3 adult meals for £5.

I was amazed, so we went mental in M&S and I assumed it would be over £100, ... nope £64 For 2 weeks food for a family of 4.

JTL
Old May 8th 2010, 1:12 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Yes but I bet your meal consists of more than half a pineapple ring and a matchbox size piece of meat to go with it Maybe the shallot garnish is filling

The meal is also for aussies, most would down a meal 10 times that size
Granted. Rice is a 'side' unless it's Risotto of course so there's far more of the main but I don't do a lot of measuring so I've no real idea of how much. Wouldn't put pineapple in a main whatever it was, pineapple is pud - end of!