British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   New citizens (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/new-citizens-822934/)

Pollyana Jan 26th 2014 2:07 pm

New citizens

Congratulations to two wonderful people and lovely friends, Paul and Annette, aka PAP01 and Netty, who became citizens today :)

Catch up with you and celebrate soon, sorry I couldn't be there today but I'm sure you had a fabulous day - which is exactly what you deserve :thumbsup: :drinkwine: :drinkwine:

Now onto the next phase of your lives :thumbup: :cool:

Bernieboy Jan 26th 2014 8:21 pm

Re: New citizens

Well done,2 brits who moved up in the world and became aussies,one day they might even elevate themselves to French citizenship,then go for the mountain top n become Irish citizens:D

old.sparkles Jan 27th 2014 5:01 am

Originally Posted by Bernieboy (Post 11097943)
Well done,2 brits who moved up in the world and became aussies,one day they might even elevate themselves to French citizenship,then go for the mountain top n become Irish citizens:D

you seem to have an inverted sense of perspective BB :p

Congrats to Paul and Annette :thumbsup:

Carbery Jan 27th 2014 6:04 am

Congrats to Paul & Annette. Lady Carbery & myself attended the celebrations and can report that a good time was had by all...

Pollyana Jan 27th 2014 6:35 am

Originally Posted by Carbery (Post 11098526)
Congrats to Paul & Annette. Lady Carbery & myself attended the celebrations and can report that a good time was had by all...

I am gutted that I couldn't make it, really bad timing to be double booked, but I hope that Paul & Annette will forgive me - if not, I' m sure there is someone around who can organise a witch -burning! :D

Hope to see Her Ladyship and yourself on St Davids Day ?

Carbery Jan 27th 2014 6:54 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 11098546)
Hope to see Her Ladyship and yourself on St Davids Day ?

Unfortunately we have a long standing commitment for 1st March - really sorry mate...

Pollyana Jan 27th 2014 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Carbery (Post 11098563)
Unfortunately we have a long standing commitment for 1st March - really sorry mate...

Same as I had for yesterday, no probs, these things can be circumvented ;) I'l be in touch :drinkingpals:

The Bloke Jan 27th 2014 9:25 am

Congratulations Paul and Annette. :)

netty Jan 28th 2014 1:16 am

Thank you everyone we had a lovely day and enjoyed celebrating with the friends who made the effort to join us. It was a fun happy time laughing at one another and putting the world to right. Not sure who drank the most . Paul Steve Trevor. :thumbsup:

We understand Polly and the same with someone else who wanted to be with us but couldn't. We can catch up for a drink when you next free.
As for the next chapter in our lives we unsure as many people know we struggle not been with our girls. Plus health issues. Its not easy choosing the next steps and which path to take. Only more time will tell.

All I can say thank you to the friends we have meet on our journey and who have gave us time, listen to us moan, and get upset, but help us get through the bad times. We thank them for sharing times of fun, the crazy memorable times where we have laughed so much that your stomach hurts and you crying with laughter and can't stop. Those days do give comfort and help us.

Thank you to our friends:heart:

cresta57 Jan 28th 2014 4:26 am

Wow congratulations guys. The added bonus is with Pap being a villa supporter the lobotomy isn't necessary.:thumbup:

PAP01 Jan 28th 2014 5:47 am

Thanks guys, it was a very good day for the both of us. :) No worries Polly will c you soon.