Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

New British Lolly Shop on the Gold Coast.....

Wikiposts

New British Lolly Shop on the Gold Coast.....

Old Mar 24th 2009, 4:18 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New British Lolly Shop on the Gold Coast.....

wot - you don't like chocolate???

are you really a man? - you must be if you don't like chocolate (especially Milk Tray!)

Old Mar 24th 2009, 4:25 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts

are you really a man? - you must be if you don't like chocolate (especially Milk Tray!)

All female. Just can't bear either the smell or taste of the stuff. Just walking past a Thorntons shop in the UK used to make me physically gag. As for the taste, I did try it when I was a kid but that revolting claggy manky feeling in the mouth was more than I could bear. I'm not very good at being able to make my youngest (a major chocoholic) hot chocolate without feeling ill. Give me a packet of chips anyday
Old Mar 24th 2009, 5:38 pm

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
All female. Just can't bear either the smell or taste of the stuff. Just walking past a Thorntons shop in the UK used to make me physically gag. As for the taste, I did try it when I was a kid but that revolting claggy manky feeling in the mouth was more than I could bear. I'm not very good at being able to make my youngest (a major chocoholic) hot chocolate without feeling ill. Give me a packet of chips anyday
That's the thing as well, if it's summit in your childhood that put you off, then chances are you're put off for life

Funnily enough though, i only like Cadbury's chocolate, and here it tastes nothing like uk Cadbury's so i've barely eaten any since i've been here (which is a good thing i suppose) - but i miss it!
Old Mar 24th 2009, 5:47 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

are you really a man? -

yip she is, when i met her she (imean he)was fartin' and drinking at the same time
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SoapysBairn
Here are Some Pics...
i want one
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

That's the thing as well, if it's summit in your childhood that put you off, then chances are you're put off for life

Funnily enough though, i only like Cadbury's chocolate, and here it tastes nothing like uk Cadbury's so i've barely eaten any since i've been here (which is a good thing i suppose) - but i miss it!
According to my family, and others on here, Coles' own is very good. However none of my lot notice any difference between UK and Aus chocolate so you may not consider Coles' any good
Old Mar 24th 2009, 6:21 pm

According to my family, and others on here, Coles' own is very good. However none of my lot notice any difference between UK and Aus chocolate so you may not consider Coles' any good
I'll give it a try anyway! cheers
Old Mar 24th 2009, 6:27 pm
Master of verbal pish©

I DONT KNOW ABOUT THAT PEN, THE TWIX HERE IS MUCH BETTER
Old Mar 24th 2009, 8:13 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Well I placed an order on line and ordered heaps of diabetic chocolate - only to receive a call today that they've got none:curse:

What's the use of putting it on the site, especially speciality diabetic chocolate - and then not having any.

Not impressed
Old Mar 24th 2009, 8:15 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Well I placed an order on line and ordered heaps of diabetic chocolate - only to receive a call today that they've got none:curse:

What's the use of putting it on the site, especially speciality diabetic chocolate - and then not having any.

Not impressed
thats like a pub running out of beer. ask the bairn to enquire about it
Old Mar 24th 2009, 8:21 pm

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
thats like a pub running out of beer. ask the bairn to enquire about it
Good onya soaps. Diabetic chocolate is like rocking horse shit in Aus so I was wetting myself with excitment when I saw it on the site.

It's like dreaming about sleeping with Brad Pit - only to wake up next to Onslo What a dissapointment

I was seriously miffed
Old Mar 24th 2009, 8:58 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Err, no they don't. foul stinking stuff. Never understand how anyone can eat chocolate, seriously
She is never normal is she!!!!!! X

The Aldi chocolate is really yummy, love their coffee and cream bar. X
Old Mar 24th 2009, 9:30 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Good onya soaps. Diabetic chocolate is like rocking horse shit in Aus so I was wetting myself with excitment when I saw it on the site.

It's like dreaming about sleeping with Brad Pit - only to wake up next to Onslo What a dissapointment

I was seriously miffed
Hi There This Is soapy's daughter and i work in the store...

we have 2 different bars of thornton's diabetic choc
Thorntons Mint Truffles (Diabetic)
and i think we also have a box of thornton's thats diabetic...

then we have.. Diabetic sweets...
Strawberry & Cream (boiled)
Rhubarb & Custard (boiled)
Pear Drops (boiled)
Barley (boiled)
Rosey Apples (boiled)
Cola Bottles (soft)
Snakes (soft)
Teddy Bears (soft)

Theres a few more boiled but i cant remember off the top of my head!

Hope this Helps
Old Mar 24th 2009, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by soapy
Hi There This Is soapy's daughter and i work in the store...

we have 2 different bars of thornton's diabetic choc
Thorntons Mint Truffles (Diabetic)
and i think we also have a box of thornton's thats diabetic...

then we have.. Diabetic sweets...
Strawberry & Cream (boiled)
Rhubarb & Custard (boiled)
Pear Drops (boiled)
Barley (boiled)
Rosey Apples (boiled)
Cola Bottles (soft)
Snakes (soft)
Teddy Bears (soft)

Theres a few more boiled but i cant remember off the top of my head!

Hope this Helps

Hi Hon

Thanks for that

The web site gave all these and more besides including lovely pictures and that's the point hon, I ordered them on line as they were supposedly available, and I was informed today via voicemail that they weren't in stock afterall:curse:

What would be great is if you could feedback to the owner/boss that they should't advertise anything they can't deliver i.e if it's not in stock, don't advertise it for sale. That way no one gets upset

Thanks again my lovely. I really appreciate your post

You are so much lovelier than soapy. Are you sure you're his child
Old Mar 24th 2009, 11:00 pm
Master of verbal pish©

You are so much lovelier than soapy. Are you sure you're his child
dont talk pish, im perfect.. you must be pished

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.