Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

New British Lolly Shop on the Gold Coast.....

New British Lolly Shop on the Gold Coast.....

Old Mar 22nd 2009, 7:30 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New British Lolly Shop on the Gold Coast.....

Originally Posted by shiels
OMG been there today spent over $50 on sweets, lollies and chocolate!!! X
lol, we did the same. its too easy to spend because you want everything
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

jammyjane has a spectacular aura aboutjammyjane has a spectacular aura aboutjammyjane has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by soapy
lol, we did the same. its too easy to spend because you want everything
As a young thing in Wales, I had a passion for MackIntosh chocolate. No one I talk to seems to remember it. It was very thin, with a caramel flavour. It was my favourite, besides the good old bounty bar.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 3:41 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

I can remember it - was it Mackintosh Golden Cup by any chance ?

I bloody loved that stuff - yummy
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 3:47 am
Forum Regular

jammyjane has a spectacular aura aboutjammyjane has a spectacular aura aboutjammyjane has a spectacular aura about

the golden cup thingy doesnt ring a bell, maybe you were born with a golden spoon in your mouth???
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 5:02 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

excuse me
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 5:11 am
Forum Regular

truditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nice

Whilst on a recent visit to the Gold Coast, we ventured up to Sanctuary Cove, and around the marina there are some shops/restaurants (probably a proper place name but couldnt tell you what) and there was a shop there that sold UK confectionary, kids were pleased to get their paws on a giant rainbow dust straw filling machine .....
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 5:12 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

What that the one with the highland cattle on the wrapper?

Originally Posted by jammyjane
As a young thing in Wales, I had a passion for MackIntosh chocolate. No one I talk to seems to remember it. It was very thin, with a caramel flavour. It was my favourite, besides the good old bounty bar.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 6:56 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jayr
What that the one with the highland cattle on the wrapper?
Highland toffee
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 7:02 am

McCowan's Highland Toffee
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 9:08 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts

yip it came in 2 sizes if i can remember.
one strip for the poor and double strip for the well off lol

oh i can taste it:curse:
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by soapy
yip it came in 2 sizes if i can remember.
one strip for the poor and double strip for the well off lol

oh i can taste it:curse:
hee hee well i was one of the poor ones as i always had the one strip (it was a long oval shaped thing wasn't it) and hell i could never afford the 15 square bit ones

What about Galaxy Counters - they were my favourites when i was wee - they were chocolate buttons and they were a white pack with animals on (the giraffe was my fav!)

and Fry's 5 centers - mmmmmm
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 9:30 am
Master of verbal pish©

hee hee well i was one of the poor ones as i always had the one strip (it was a long oval shaped thing wasn't it) and hell i could never afford the 15 square bit ones

What about Galaxy Counters - they were my favourites when i was wee - they were chocolate buttons and they were a white pack with animals on (the giraffe was my fav!)

my fave was a nutty bar. oh how i would love one now
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 10:53 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

They were dreamy, I used to eat far too many of them
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 10:57 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Da Boss used to work for the BLS in Cairns.

I didn't buy anything meself but didn't say no to the Ripples she brought home for me.

Worst thing about the shop was the amount of out of date stuff they would sell.

The shops get their supplies from importing company Blue Thistle in Perth.

For over 17 years, Blue Thistle has imported chocolate and confectionery of the highest quality from the United Kingdom. Our products are distributed to wholesale outlets across Australia and New Zealand. Through our distributors, Blue Thistle has introduced a whole new generation to the pleasures of British confectionary, with an emphasis on providing the best range and unsurpassed quality.

Purpose-built in Perth, Western Australia, the Blue Thistle warehouse stocks over 800 lines of specialty stock. Our Total Quality Management System regulates all work-related transport, safety and hygiene services, ensuring your total peace of mind.
Please contact us with any wholesale enquiries.

Here's the link in case Soapy wants to order a container of Smiths crisps.

http://www.bluethistle.com.au/index.php

So now you know
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

midgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond repute

Yum the wee ones were the nicest - lovely - I remember them well.

McCowan's Highland Toffee
Coo candy we called it in Aberdeen - it was lovely - a dentist's dream.

The little ones were nicer anyway - but one was never enough.

Like the flat ones in Revels - yum - much nicer than Cadbury's buttons.

Now I'm drooling.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.