Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The new 747 takes to the sky

The new 747 takes to the sky

Old Feb 9th 2010, 1:24 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default The new 747 takes to the sky

A380 ? Old hat. The 747 is reborn as the 747-8 with its first flight today.

http://www.smh.com.au/photogallery/t...electedImage=0
Old Feb 9th 2010, 1:43 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The new 747 takes to the sky

Originally Posted by Centurion

Cool, except in picture 3 two of the engines appear to be on fire.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 2:07 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

It's like putting an "8" at the end of the name "Morris Minor".....
Old Feb 9th 2010, 2:08 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Having spent a good portion of my working life as a BAe employee all I can say is "Come on Airbus !!". Sod the Yanks. I hope Boeing go bust.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 3:00 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

So all they have really done is paint a 'go faster stripe' down the side. Think I will carry on flying the A380.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Santa is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to behold

Funny that the internal seating pictures show First and Business, they seem to have forgotten Sardine class
Old Feb 9th 2010, 3:15 am
Banned

Lord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond reputeLord_Farquar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Santa
Funny that the internal seating pictures show First and Business, they seem to have forgotten Sardine class
I thought that. I think it's a concept for a VIP plane and most of the seating/internal arrangements will not make it onto normal planes.

You can bet your bottom dollar Boeing will manage to shoehorn more economy seats into the same space.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 3:27 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I think the freighter version will go ahead but I have my doubts about the passenger version, Boeing have not sold many 20 to Lufthansa and 5 to Korean (plus a couple of VIP models).
Old Feb 9th 2010, 6:44 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Having spent a good portion of my working life as a BAe employee all I can say is "Come on Airbus !!". Sod the Yanks. I hope Boeing go bust.
I must say that I prefer the Boeing design philosophy. The French way overcomplicates things, and pushes the envelope a little too far for my liking.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 7:12 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wol
I must say that I prefer the Boeing design philosophy. The French way overcomplicates things, and pushes the envelope a little too far for my liking.
I worked in BAe Military, so fortunately didn't have to deal with the French that much... I left around the time the Typhoon started being worked on.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 8:06 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Wol
You luddite you.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 8:12 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
You luddite you.
Perhaps. In civil aviation not a bad thing to build on tried and tested hardware - like the 747 - and update its systems etc.

Boeing are not afraid of digital controls - like engine controls, for example - but not just for the sake of it. Airbus (although I don't make any claim to be familiar with them) seem to do things just because they can.

So long as the champagne is cold, and frequent............
Old Feb 9th 2010, 8:16 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Wol
Perhaps. In civil aviation not a bad thing to build on tried and tested hardware - like the 747 - and update its systems etc.

Boeing are not afraid of digital controls - like engine controls, for example - but not just for the sake of it. Airbus (although I don't make any claim to be familiar with them) seem to do things just because they can.

So long as the champagne is cold, and frequent............
True, but having travelled on both Boeing and Airbus, I think the difference in technology is quite marked.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 8:17 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
True, but having travelled on both Boeing and Airbus, I think the difference in technology is quite marked.
Probably why I'm using XP instead of Vista....
Old Feb 9th 2010, 8:19 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Wol
Probably why I'm using XP instead of Vista....
Not 3.1?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.