Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

NEW 2007 spangly diet for OZ thread.......

Wikiposts

NEW 2007 spangly diet for OZ thread.......

Old Jan 27th 2007, 5:26 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: NEW 2007 spangly diet for OZ thread.......

You've all gone quiet,,,,,
keep at it all of you.
just wanted to report (i am sooo amazed at myself)
that after staying the same over xmas i have managed to lose 9lbs in the last 2 weeks...ive got 5lbs to go to have lost 3 stones since beginning of september.
the only thing i really avoided, (apart from choccy and crisps) is the alcohol, ive had 2 mad nights out in the 2 weeks, but no drinks at home...so its gota be the wine! which is sooo unfair.

doesnt seem right saying it but so far it has been quite easy really, with the rugby & swimming etc...but i think the last 2 stones are going to be really tough!
(it does feel great to be able to sprint at last)
Old Jan 27th 2007, 5:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NEW 2007 spangly diet for OZ thread.......

Originally Posted by katsmajic
You've all gone quiet,,,,,
keep at it all of you.
just wanted to report (i am sooo amazed at myself)
that after staying the same over xmas i have managed to lose 9lbs in the last 2 weeks...ive got 5lbs to go to have lost 3 stones since beginning of september.
the only thing i really avoided, (apart from choccy and crisps) is the alcohol, ive had 2 mad nights out in the 2 weeks, but no drinks at home...so its gota be the wine! which is sooo unfair.

doesnt seem right saying it but so far it has been quite easy really, with the rugby & swimming etc...but i think the last 2 stones are going to be really tough!
(it does feel great to be able to sprint at last)
Well done. I started the diet again after xmas and last week started a detox with daily sachets of powder drink plau drinking 2L of water a day and healthy eating. Since last Saturday ive lost 4lbs so feel really pleased with myself. Hopefully this is me back to losing weight
Mandy
Old Jan 27th 2007, 5:54 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
Well done. I started the diet again after xmas and last week started a detox with daily sachets of powder drink plau drinking 2L of water a day and healthy eating. Since last Saturday ive lost 4lbs so feel really pleased with myself. Hopefully this is me back to losing weight
Mandy
Wow....well done you!!!
keep up the water even after you finish the detox, it flushes you, fills you, and clears your pores...i drink 2/3l a day, any day i dont i know it!

Keep up the hard work xxx
Old Jan 31st 2007, 9:01 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Hows everybody doing on their diets at the moment? Ive given up going to slimming club and im battling on by myself. Decided i could spend the £4.50 a week on something more worthwhile.......Like a few big chocolate bars !!! C x
Old Jan 31st 2007, 10:06 am
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiels
Hows everybody doing on their diets at the moment? Ive given up going to slimming club and im battling on by myself. Decided i could spend the £4.50 a week on something more worthwhile.......Like a few big chocolate bars !!! C x
kat not the other other half!!!!

mmmmm chocolate
i think i remember what it tastes like
weigh in tonight with my mum...(weve got a deal on... £1 for every lb the other loses - she owes me a fortune, and i brought her a box of turkish delight today to make sure i win )

ive lost 1lb this week, happy its 1 off and not on...
although my coach was trying to kill me yesterday IMO thought id lost at least a stone last night!

Good luck everyone else...keep at it xxxxxxxx

Last edited by Katsmajics other half !!!; Jan 31st 2007 at 10:08 am. Reason: signed in on OH name oppsss....although he needs to lose weight too lol
Old Jan 31st 2007, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

monkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiels
I'm doing terribly, and want to cry.

I have been so busy at uni, and with the baby, I've not been able to stick to it at all

While I was doing the coursework I was eating a 150g bar of Galaxy a DAY. Then just when I thought I had weaned myself off it, I went into Woolies and they were selling Galaxy selection boxes for 99p! So I bought three

Must do better...
Old Feb 1st 2007, 4:35 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by monkeypeaches
I'm doing terribly, and want to cry.

I have been so busy at uni, and with the baby, I've not been able to stick to it at all

While I was doing the coursework I was eating a 150g bar of Galaxy a DAY. Then just when I thought I had weaned myself off it, I went into Woolies and they were selling Galaxy selection boxes for 99p! So I bought three

Must do better...
Me too, but with a special birthday coming up and lots of nights out, dont know how im going to cope!!!!! Oh well special birthdays dont come along that often....thank goodness!!!! C x
Old Feb 5th 2007, 8:39 am
broken but got a visa! :

Smile Re: NEW 2007 spangly diet for OZ thread.......

How are we all doing???
I found out why my coach has been slogging me to death....i started the match on sunday and played the whole 80minutes!

never in my wildest dreams did i think i was ready for that, im stiff and achey today but really chuffed.....and we won!!!
if i havnt lost weight this week il cry!

Weigh in on wed pm, good luck to every one out there, keep at it...that choccy just isnt appealing anymore! (she says)

kat xxx
Old Feb 5th 2007, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Well 3 weeks in and going ok so far...didn't kick the alcohol but did cut down. Have now seen weight coming off so have decided to kick the alcohol and see how much quicker it comes off!

Have increased exercise to 4-5 times a week and even managed a gentle jog in between walking- and that is a first for me!!!

Quite proud of myself - so in 24 days have lost just over 3 kilos

Another 7 to go (and more if possible)
Old Feb 5th 2007, 5:55 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sasbear
Hi,

Well 3 weeks in and going ok so far...didn't kick the alcohol but did cut down. Have now seen weight coming off so have decided to kick the alcohol and see how much quicker it comes off!

Have increased exercise to 4-5 times a week and even managed a gentle jog in between walking- and that is a first for me!!!

Quite proud of myself - so in 24 days have lost just over 3 kilos

Another 7 to go (and more if possible)
Good on you. If you are doing cardio work I would really advocate buying yourself a heart rate monitor. A basic one will do which just gives you the calories burnt and heart rate and average heart rate at the end of your session. It certainly makes you work harder, particularly when you first start out walking and jogging.

If you are jogging for the first time you could also try jogging for 2 minutes and walking for one and repeat. The walking part has to be at a reasonable pace so your heart rate doesn't drop too low. As you get fitter you increase the amount of time you are running and before you know it you will be running all the way!

Do you go to the gym? If you do then a programme I do on the treadmill also increases your strength and running speed. Set at walking speed (I do about 6.8kph) and the gradiant at 1%. Walk for 1 minute. Keep speed at same level and then increase gradiant to 2% (1 minute), 3% (1 minute) 5%, 8%, 12% and 15% (try to walk or jog as gradiant goes up without holding on although at first may be hard) and then drop gradiant to 0.5% and when it is down, run at a comfortable speed (I do 13kph) but for first timers say start at about 9kph do this for about 2 minutes or until the timer reaches 10 minutes. Repeat once more. Knackering at first but for me if I want a quick 20 minute cardio workout it does the trick.

Hope you don't mind me putting this on but this is how I started last February and since then I have done 2 half marathons - 2 triathlons and plenty of other shorter runs and long cycles.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 8:35 am
broken but got a visa! :

Originally Posted by Vanessa
Good on you. If you are doing cardio work I would really advocate buying yourself a heart rate monitor. A basic one will do which just gives you the calories burnt and heart rate and average heart rate at the end of your session. It certainly makes you work harder, particularly when you first start out walking and jogging.

If you are jogging for the first time you could also try jogging for 2 minutes and walking for one and repeat. The walking part has to be at a reasonable pace so your heart rate doesn't drop too low. As you get fitter you increase the amount of time you are running and before you know it you will be running all the way!

Do you go to the gym? If you do then a programme I do on the treadmill also increases your strength and running speed. Set at walking speed (I do about 6.8kph) and the gradiant at 1%. Walk for 1 minute. Keep speed at same level and then increase gradiant to 2% (1 minute), 3% (1 minute) 5%, 8%, 12% and 15% (try to walk or jog as gradiant goes up without holding on although at first may be hard) and then drop gradiant to 0.5% and when it is down, run at a comfortable speed (I do 13kph) but for first timers say start at about 9kph do this for about 2 minutes or until the timer reaches 10 minutes. Repeat once more. Knackering at first but for me if I want a quick 20 minute cardio workout it does the trick.

Hope you don't mind me putting this on but this is how I started last February and since then I have done 2 half marathons - 2 triathlons and plenty of other shorter runs and long cycles.
well done sasbear.. im amazed at how much the alcohol well stopping the alcohol has helped with my weight loss..ive cut it down more and more, instead of 4/5 bots a week im lucky if i drink 1...
i dont get to go to a gym vanessa, but when i go out with my oldest we jog out of our street and take the circular route that inclines up on the way out but thankfully is downhill on the way home!

have done 2 days at work and still went rugby training tonight...did think it would kill me off but i actually feel better for having gone...may not tomorrow though! :-)
Old Feb 6th 2007, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vanessa

That sounds something to be proud of

Unfortuantely I am at the beginning period of getting fitter - but that doesn't mean I won't get that far.

I had chronic asthma from 8 years old and had a nebuliser by my bedside for the last 18 years or so. since arriving in Oz I haven't used it once and my medication is so low I barely notice taking it. My asthma is so well xcontrolled I feel I have it no more.

I also have a lower back injury (disc herniation) which is aggravated and also helped by exercise (just have to find the balance) and plus all the extra weight on my bum and tummy and hips adds to that also.

but slowly and surely I will get there. Even under direct stress I feel i can cope.

Yesterday my son told me he had decided to go back to the UK for good - he has been a boomerang for the last 2 years but has now made his mind up. He took me to the pub to tell me last night - I didn't even feel the need to have a drink - just a diet coke. I am not going to let anything stop this attempt at stopping drinking. although I don't intend to take alcohol out of my life full stop. just until I lose my target kilos and then I will drink in moderation.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 8:58 am
broken but got a visa! :

Originally Posted by sasbear
That sounds something to be proud of

Unfortuantely I am at the beginning period of getting fitter - but that doesn't mean I won't get that far.

I had chronic asthma from 8 years old and had a nebuliser by my bedside for the last 18 years or so. since arriving in Oz I haven't used it once and my medication is so low I barely notice taking it. My asthma is so well xcontrolled I feel I have it no more.

I also have a lower back injury (disc herniation) which is aggravated and also helped by exercise (just have to find the balance) and plus all the extra weight on my bum and tummy and hips adds to that also.

but slowly and surely I will get there. Even under direct stress I feel i can cope.

Yesterday my son told me he had decided to go back to the UK for good - he has been a boomerang for the last 2 years but has now made his mind up. He took me to the pub to tell me last night - I didn't even feel the need to have a drink - just a diet coke. I am not going to let anything stop this attempt at stopping drinking. although I don't intend to take alcohol out of my life full stop. just until I lose my target kilos and then I will drink in moderation.
WOW, its fantastic how much your health has improved, long may it continue.
well done for being so brave with Tom, although it must be a bit of a relief that hes finally decided what hes going to do.
Good luck with the weight loss, you'll get there :-)
Old Feb 9th 2007, 8:17 am
broken but got a visa! :

I am surrounded by cakes!!!

Just started a new job, thought i'd be fine cos I dont really have a sweet tooth....but the cakes are calling to me!
I had to bring home a box full yesterday to sample them so i can give 'feedback' to the customers HELP!
Old Feb 10th 2007, 2:38 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Originally Posted by katsmajic
I am surrounded by cakes!!!

Just started a new job, thought i'd be fine cos I dont really have a sweet tooth....but the cakes are calling to me!
I had to bring home a box full yesterday to sample them so i can give 'feedback' to the customers HELP!
Gosh this is so difficult....OH and I are both Bakers and when we worked in bekeries it was difficult not to be tempted!!!! I really sympathise with you....but at the end of the day somebody has to do it!!!!

Finding my diet mega hard at the moment as i dont think ive ever had such a full social life as i have for February!!!!!! If only i didnt have a special birthday this month things would be fine!!!! C x