Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Neighbours - Dog Drama

Neighbours - Dog Drama

Old Sep 21st 2011, 10:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Neighbours - Dog Drama

Shitzu, maltese, silky crosses. 3 of them. Left alone while she works, they all bark and yap, but one in particular barks, a high pitched distressed howl, for up to 6 hours at a time. They are left outside on a deck, access to inside but with doors open you hear it anyway.

Very polite, told her what was happening. She denied it and is now shining Christmas lights into our property all night. Complete bloody loon

So much for me being decent and nice about it.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

seanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really niceseanandmaria is just really nice
Default Re: Neighbours - Dog Drama

Report it to your local council, they will investigate and make recommendations she will have to comply with
Old Sep 21st 2011, 10:13 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I dread ever having bad neighbors one day, apparently one of our current neighbors suffered that fate until we bought the house and his problems moved out. Our other neighbor told us we have to sell to nice people that will be as good as us.
Get yourself an air gun and shoot the lights out
Old Sep 21st 2011, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Shitzu, maltese, silky crosses. 3 of them. Left alone while she works, they all bark and yap, but one in particular barks, a high pitched distressed howl, for up to 6 hours at a time. They are left outside on a deck, access to inside but with doors open you hear it anyway.

Very polite, told her what was happening. She denied it and is now shining Christmas lights into our property all night. Complete bloody loon

Get bigger lights,like the ones that the have at a football stadium and shine them back.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 10:18 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Get some peanut butter. Smother a small toy or something in it. Throw globs of it over the fence.
Doggies cannot bark when they are eating.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 10:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seanandmaria
Report it to your local council, they will investigate and make recommendations she will have to comply with
It looks like our only option, however I wonder what fruit loop behaviour she will get up to then.

Wonder if they deal with all night christmas lights in september too. Nasty woman, but the sort whos sweet as pie to peoples faces
Old Sep 21st 2011, 10:39 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

That's all very well - but how good is your fence?
Old Sep 21st 2011, 10:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by DadAgain
That's all very well - but how good is your fence?
We built houses for years, fencing was always a nightmare - we wouldnt touch it, The amount of disputes people had over fence height, colour, materials, and cost was beyond belief. One house the neighbours went on for months over blue or beige colourbond and one on the other side wanted wood palings...

Then the cost, the amount of contractors who did the work and never got the payments, we saw one contractor come back and take off the palings

Engineered retaining walls were another joy, one house, the owners wanted to rip it down so they had more room for a pool.

We escaped to acerage, but still have to contend with people from hell.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 12:57 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

We have lovely neighbours, one side's dog only barks when she sees someone close to her boundary who she doesn't know. The other side were fab, sadly they moved last week. Couple who moved in have two dogs, one was cocking it's leg on our baby orange tree the other day and now we hear it barking all day. I honestly didn't know a dog could bark for so long without a break The guy is a vet apparently. We haven't seen them yet but I keep wondering if I can drop a welcome card in their box, welcoming them to the road but could they please shut their fricking dogs up before someone kills them.

They are a fair distance away so it's not loud but it's a bugger when you're not used to any noise. I think they're penned in, hope so, if they come after our chickens there will be hell to pay.

As for the christmas lights, that's beyond me, some weird folk out there.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

deb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to behold

Go around knock the door dressed as santa and when she opens the door shout HO DE HO HO HO you bitch
Old Sep 21st 2011, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jad n rich

Throw a poisoned steak over the fence the dogs won't be a problem after that.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 10:10 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
We have lovely neighbours, one side's dog only barks when she sees someone close to her boundary who she doesn't know. The other side were fab, sadly they moved last week. Couple who moved in have two dogs, one was cocking it's leg on our baby orange tree the other day and now we hear it barking all day. I honestly didn't know a dog could bark for so long without a break The guy is a vet apparently. We haven't seen them yet but I keep wondering if I can drop a welcome card in their box, welcoming them to the road but could they please shut their fricking dogs up before someone kills them.

They are a fair distance away so it's not loud but it's a bugger when you're not used to any noise. I think they're penned in, hope so, if they come after our chickens there will be hell to pay.

I think you need fencing.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 10:12 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Let me Google that for you...

http://tinyurl.com/3asvc6y
Old Sep 21st 2011, 10:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by deb68
Go around knock the door dressed as santa and when she opens the door shout HO DE HO HO HO you bitch
Great Idea, perhaps I should sing a Carol or two as well
Old Sep 21st 2011, 10:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moneypenny20

You have my sympathy. Its awful to live with, we have put up with this since June, she had exchange students they were lovely they knew the dogs were a bloody menace and used to shut them up.

The Christmas lights were on all night, obviously deliberate, she was at work so no need for them to be on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.