Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Neighbours - Dog Drama

Neighbours - Dog Drama

Old Sep 22nd 2011, 9:30 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Neighbours - Dog Drama

Get a big python to eat the dogs and neighbor.
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 11:26 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

FFS. I've just sat through 40 minutes of the two new dogs going ballistic at two old dogs over the back hill. The two dogs who've been here years have barked possibly twice in the last 6 years until now. It sounded like being in the middle of the prairie! Never heard anything like it.

My peaceful home appears to be no more. I did manage to record some of the row just in case.
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 11:54 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
FFS. I've just sat through 40 minutes of the two new dogs going ballistic at two old dogs over the back hill. The two dogs who've been here years have barked possibly twice in the last 6 years until now. It sounded like being in the middle of the prairie! Never heard anything like it.

My peaceful home appears to be no more. I did manage to record some of the row just in case.
Small dog syndrome. Kill them.
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 1:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

Have I missed somewhere that you have contacted council or even RSPCA?Perhaps she is not the best person to own a dog and certainly not several.While I understand your frustration with the noise I also feel very sad and worried for the poor dogs.Hope council investigate and life improves for both you and the dogs.
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 1:09 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

The trouble is a lot of people who have dogs that bark all the time don't care and if you talk to them they are not going to do anything about it.

Our neighbours garden backs onto the side of ours and if my dogs even go out in the garden these two little dogs go mad.One of my dogs will not even go anywhere near the fence he will often run inside!The other one sometimes goes up to the fence as he loves all dogs and they are throwing themselves at the fence growling and attacking each other and she will just look puzzled and I always call her away from the fence.

The women does nothing and sometimes the husband says shut up!They have a bus stop at the front of their house which makes them go mad.I really don't know how they think people like being woken up at 5 and kept awake until about 11 at night.They are outside all the time and rarely taken for a walk.The woman glares at me if I see her outside as if to say how dare you move in with dogs that don't bark but make mine bark!
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 1:14 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

I was serious about the peanut butter btw. A neighbours dog barked itself sick when she first got it. When she went out I went to the garden, got a toy and filled it with peanut butter. The dog was quiet for hours. I did it a few days and then talked to her about it.
She got it an anti bark collar for a while which helped. Dogs love peanut butter and it's possible to flick it over a fence or fill a small ball with it after you've cut out a small hole in it. You'll keep the dogs happy for hours as they like to get their tongue into the ball and get the stuff out.
This provides much missing mental stimulation for dogs like this and they're happier.
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 2:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wilgar
Have I missed somewhere that you have contacted council or even RSPCA?Perhaps she is not the best person to own a dog and certainly not several.While I understand your frustration with the noise I also feel very sad and worried for the poor dogs.Hope council investigate and life improves for both you and the dogs.

This woman is a nurse in a very high position. She comes across sweet as a apple pie. She calls the neighbour on the other side a "prick", dobbed him into the council over his swimming pool, then she has him over to watch the tennis with her.

We reported her for killing wildlife, nothing happened, we've taken the dogs she has for walks etc, but try and convince anyone this evil bitch is anything other than Saint like with her nursing positon. One of the dogs came from the rescue centre, they approved her!!!!. Her granny like appearance ( shes not actually that old ) and high profile job means people just dont see the shite shes up to. We have one neighbour who does, she feels the same way I do about the dog/animal cruelty.

Even if we could get the RSPCA out ( we couldnt get them out over a puppy with part of its inestines hanging out in a pet shop ) she would just pick the dogs up call their lovey dovey names and mention the high profile nurse position.......
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 2:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20

Yep once one starts....

I would go straight to the council. I have tried the decent way, asking nicely and it backfired.

The way here seems to DOB people in then smile sweetly to their faces Not my way at all, but it seems its the the way its done.
Old Sep 25th 2011, 1:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jad n rich
This woman is a nurse in a very high position. She comes across sweet as a apple pie. She calls the neighbour on the other side a "prick", dobbed him into the council over his swimming pool, then she has him over to watch the tennis with her.

We reported her for killing wildlife, nothing happened, we've taken the dogs she has for walks etc, but try and convince anyone this evil bitch is anything other than Saint like with her nursing positon. One of the dogs came from the rescue centre, they approved her!!!!. Her granny like appearance ( shes not actually that old ) and high profile job means people just dont see the shite shes up to. We have one neighbour who does, she feels the same way I do about the dog/animal cruelty.

Even if we could get the RSPCA out ( we couldnt get them out over a puppy with part of its inestines hanging out in a pet shop ) she would just pick the dogs up call their lovey dovey names and mention the high profile nurse position.......
Thats dreadful especially as the dogs cannot speak for themselves.Go out on a limb and persist with the RSPCA.
Old Sep 25th 2011, 10:52 pm
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wilgar
Thats dreadful especially as the dogs cannot speak for themselves.Go out on a limb and persist with the RSPCA.
Make a recording of the dogs during the day and then play it back to her over loudspeakers all evening, until she agrees to do something.
Old Sep 26th 2011, 2:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich

Common misconception... Nurses are not saints and their "niceness time" is whooly expended at work, therefore we tend to be total biatches at home, ask my kids about that one....

RSPCA and Council are your best bets.... Or the local paper if you get desparate