Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Need a Romantic spot in Victoria to propose!

Need a Romantic spot in Victoria to propose!

Old Jul 29th 2011, 1:51 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need a Romantic spot in Victoria to propose!

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
probably past its sell by date after 22 years.
What?

The woman ?
Old Jul 29th 2011, 1:54 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Unlikely that you'll be on your own but I'll chuck it into the pot

http://www.mthotham.com.au/mountain/...unsettours.asp
Old Jul 29th 2011, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by melbourne2011
Hi Guys,

I'm about to propose to my girlfriend over the next month or so. I'm looking for advice or romantic spots around Melbourne or 3 to 4 hours from Melbourne. I was looking at a log cabin somewhere but cant seem to find one available.

If anyone knows of anywhere they think is romantic please let me know! I'm planning on renting a house somewhere, maybe on the coast for a couple of nights and proposing sometime over the weekend but at this stage that is all I have!

Would love to hear your ideas and locations.

Cheers,

P

Get out while you still can.
Old Jul 29th 2011, 9:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Ignore the blokes- I think it is a lovely idea- unfortunately I don't know Melbourne so can't give you any advice. Now if you came to Sydney....
Old Jul 29th 2011, 9:29 pm
Random Member

Peepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to behold

Summit Views at Arthurs Seat might tick the boxes for you? Amazing views and hot tub on the deck. There are some amazing beach houses along the GOR but it depends on how much you want to spend, some can be $2-3k a night. Or you could head up to the lakes, Metung is gorgeous. Have a look at the Postcards section on Channel 9's website, that will give you loads of ideas.
Old Jul 30th 2011, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

Hi ya

The Peninsula is lovely, especially if you get a nice sunny day. There are the wild romantic back beaches or how about a proposal in the grape vines? Plenty of places to stay for the night - take a look at the Big Blue Backyard at St Andrews Beach which is a B&B with a difference or how about the Peninsula Hot Springs that would be different. Take a look at the tourism website for lots of ideas.

Then when you've set the date give me a call......

Good luck and hope she says yes!!!

KK
Old Jul 30th 2011, 12:12 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Daylesford is lovely, there's a beautiful lake. Also, Hanging Rock is very atmospheric. Good luck with it.

If you fancy something a little more different, how about the cube on top of Eureka Skydeck?
Old Jul 30th 2011, 12:25 am
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by herrchook
Daylesford is lovely, there's a beautiful lake. Also, Hanging Rock is very atmospheric. Good luck with it.

If you fancy something a little more different, how about the cube on top of Eureka Skydeck?
I was thinking about hanging rock. It has a mystical atmosphere

However at this time of year I thought the rain coats and sweaty climb might spoil the moment.
Old Jul 30th 2011, 12:26 am
Rhino with a big horn!

House boat on the Murray, maybe?
Old Jul 30th 2011, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

Not coastal and not sure about somewhere to stay but Tooronga falls is awesome and has some beautiful spots where you could pop the question! we have sent many visitors there and they have all loved it. Its just over an hour 1/2 drive north east of Melly.
Old Jul 30th 2011, 12:52 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Surely anywhere will become romantic if you're proposing and she's saying yes? Maybe I'm bitter and twisted, I never got a proposal, I just got a call at work to say the Registry office was booked and how much it fricking cost.
Old Jul 30th 2011, 12:55 am
Rhino with a big horn!

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Surely anywhere will become romantic if you're proposing and she's saying yes? Maybe I'm bitter and twisted, I never got a proposal, I just got a call at work to say the Registry office was booked and how much it fricking cost.
Was the shotgun expensive or something?
Old Jul 30th 2011, 12:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Ignore the cynics!

Good luck, how lovely that you are putting such an effort into making it special. Hope it goes well.
Old Jul 30th 2011, 12:57 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rambi
Was the shotgun expensive of something?
Much to everyone's surprise, first born didn't turn up for another 18 months and no, I'm not an elephant.
Old Jul 30th 2011, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of

http://www.capeotwaycottages.com.au/

Really great hideaway

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.