Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Need Girlie Help Re Skincare

Need Girlie Help Re Skincare

Old Jan 25th 2009, 8:18 am
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all
Default Re: Need Girlie Help Re Skincare

Just thought I would throw in my tupence worth LOL
I use the vitamin E range from The Body Shop and I love it. Its full of anitioxidants and they do a moisturiser with an spf.
You say you have a few blackheads but the skin feels dry, this could be due to a build up of dead skins cells and dehydration as opposed to dryness so a good exfoliation is what you need hun.
Personally i'm not a big Dermalogica fan and before i'm jumped on as I know some people love it i will tell you why, I am dermalogica trained and found quite a few people reacted to it even when they didn't have sensitised skin. I have oily combination but couldn't use that skin care range as my face would go red and sore and even the gentle cleanser etc was no good but I know that its is good for some people, this is a range you really need to get samples of before you buy as its very expensive.
I Hope all is well for you and you are making a good recovery.
Take care

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
I have been very ill over the 8mths and recovery has been slow.
I admit to letting my skincare go completely out of the window apart from washing and a bit of moisturiser.

I have noticed this morning that my facial skin is just awful. I look grey!! I even have a splattering of blackheads and now a couple of spots. I didnt know you got them at 46! The odd thing is that the skin is not greasy. Quite the opposite. Very dry! Maybe this is due to all the medications i am on right now (8 a day!) This has included very high repeated doses of antibiotics over the months some being intraveinous.

I dont have the money to pay hundreds of dollars at a beauty salon as i cannot work, but wondered if anyone has some ideas on how to perk myself up and get it back to like it was before. I dont mind buying some good products to use at home. Any ideas? Its getting me down
Old Jan 25th 2009, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

CharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant future

Hi Everyone

I have just read all of this thread and now feel really bad about my skincare regime.
All I use is water (I find soap dries my skin too much) and a daily dollop of Clinique's Superdefense SPF 25 for very dry to dry skin.
Now, I don't consider my skin to be dry but it definately gives it the protection it needs from sun (ha, when we see it here!), wind, rain and air conditioning.
I used to use another product which had a really long name but something along the lines of ...........For Upset Skin. I used this for years but during this time Clinique have stopped making it twice! Last time I asked for it the consultant looked at me horrified when I told her I used it everyday, she told be it should only be used a couple of times a week!
I am going to stick with what I have got until they bring back my old faithful.

Charlene
Old Jan 26th 2009, 4:39 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I don't have particularly sensitive skin but the Clinique toner felt like paint stripper on my face.
I'm lucky genetically, I have good skin and can use anything. It's not unknown for me to use Nail Varnish Remover to clean my face Never had any problem with it at all. Don't suggest anyone else try it though, I've been doing it since I was about 15 It tends to freak people out if I tell them though
Old Jan 26th 2009, 4:43 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I simply can't imagine why.

Sensitive skin is a right royal pain. Even shampoo has to be carefully chosen, and the first few "natural" shower gels I tried here dried my skin out terribly.

That's why I tend to stick with what I know.