Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Need a diet/fitness/healthy eating buddy!!!

Need a diet/fitness/healthy eating buddy!!!

Old Jan 23rd 2010, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

kimandken will become famous soon enoughkimandken will become famous soon enough
Default Need a diet/fitness/healthy eating buddy!!!

Hello all, i am needing to loose weight, but more importantly is to get fitter!!!

I am going to start on a healthy eating plan and also have some sort of exercise each day!

I would love it if some people could join me on this journey, we could all put our food intake, amount of exercise or time taken and we could all check each week the weight we loose!!!!

We can only do this with encouragement with each other, so no cheating, just be true to yourself and others!

I did do this a few years ago and went from a size UK 16 to under a size 10 (true) The thing i wished i did do then was measure myself but i didn't, i only knew with the clothes size, oh what a feeling for a UK size 10 to be just that bit big!!!!!

Please let me know your thoughts

Kim

PS: i am not giving out exercise instructions or any diets in any way, but will be more than happy to advise!!!
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 8:22 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need a diet/fitness/healthy eating buddy!!!

Originally Posted by kimandken
Hello all, i am needing to loose weight, but more importantly is to get fitter!!!

I am going to start on a healthy eating plan and also have some sort of exercise each day!

I would love it if some people could join me on this journey, we could all put our food intake, amount of exercise or time taken and we could all check each week the weight we loose!!!!

We can only do this with encouragement with each other, so no cheating, just be true to yourself and others!

I did do this a few years ago and went from a size UK 16 to under a size 10 (true) The thing i wished i did do then was measure myself but i didn't, i only knew with the clothes size, oh what a feeling for a UK size 10 to be just that bit big!!!!!

Please let me know your thoughts

Kim

PS: i am not giving out exercise instructions or any diets in any way, but will be more than happy to advise!!!
I'm recovering from illness and have quit the fags. Any ideas how I can keep my hands out of the fridge.....?
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

kimandken will become famous soon enoughkimandken will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kporte
I'm recovering from illness and have quit the fags. Any ideas how I can keep my hands out of the fridge.....?
Any nails lol ??? No sorry, shouldn't have said that, better just throwing out the fridge, will be easier !!!
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 9:05 am
Account Closed

Any nails lol ??? No sorry, shouldn't have said that, better just throwing out the fridge, will be easier !!!
I will be ok getting back in shape fitness wise, I used to be very fit and all the knowledge is still there.
Eating too much and having a sit down job since I arrived here, along with my illness, makes losing weight a challenge!
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

I will be ok getting back in shape fitness wise, I used to be very fit and all the knowledge is still there.
Eating too much and having a sit down job since I arrived here, along with my illness, makes losing weight a challenge!
Good luck to u, do u mind if i ask your weight just now??? I'm 73kl dont know what stone??? But i do know im a porker and have to do something!!!

It would be much harder with an illness with an added sit down job is a hard task. I do sit down all day but it's when i come home, i really cant be bothered to do excessive exercise!!!! if i worked a half day it would be fantastic!!!!

Kim
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 9:15 am
faf
Forum Regular

faf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nicefaf is just really nice

Hi Kim

I recently started a healthy eating exercise regime. I walk/run 4.6k 3 times a week. 45 mins swimming and one aerobic session a week.

I also use www.fitday.com to track my food intake and to track my exercise it's a great website.

I haven't lost much yet but my clothes are certainly fitting a lot better.

Good luck

Sara
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 9:21 am
Account Closed

Good luck to u, do u mind if i ask your weight just now??? I'm 73kl dont know what stone??? But i do know im a porker and have to do something!!!

It would be much harder with an illness with an added sit down job is a hard task. I do sit down all day but it's when i come home, i really cant be bothered to do excessive exercise!!!! if i worked a half day it would be fantastic!!!!

Kim
I'm 1.77cm and 95 kg. It isn't as bad as it sounds as I am not much heavier than I was at 20 and I was very fit then with low body fat.
The muscle has "relaxed" a bit though
I reckon 85kg would be a good weight for me now
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by faf
Hi Kim

I recently started a healthy eating exercise regime. I walk/run 4.6k 3 times a week. 45 mins swimming and one aerobic session a week.

I also use www.fitday.com to track my food intake and to track my exercise it's a great website.

Good luck

Sara
Hi, what i did was walk about 5 miles 3 or 4 times per week. I did have a massive hill to go up and what i used to do was try to get to the next lamp-post before the next car came. It took me 4 months, the weight fell off me, i only went with UK dress size, but i fet great! The things i ate was really just the norm, just didnt eat too much chips or pitza!!!

Good luck

Kim
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

I'm 1.77cm and 95 kg. It isn't as bad as it sounds as I am not much heavier than I was at 20 and I was very fit then with low body fat.
The muscle has "relaxed" a bit though
I reckon 85kg would be a good weight for me now
Hi, i don't know my height but will find out and post tomorrow. Hey if we all stick in here, we can all feel good and light lol and also beautiful as my hubby always tells me ( i will believe him without the love handles)

Please keep in touch and let us know how it goes!!!!

Kim
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 12:14 pm

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point

I am just starting seriously to diet. I am not hugely overweight - am 9st 4 instead of 8 stone but plan to lose the weight plus the sag over the next 6 months.

I have a plan but would like to log in and compare notes and more importantly meal ideas.

my biggest problem food intake wise is pop instead of water. I feel so tired most of the time I hit the coke to boost myself through the day. I never drunk pop at home btu here in the heat I seem to be getting a problem.

I want to lose 1 stone 4 - maybe even 2 stone over 6 months. plan on 200 calories with exercise to burn 500. how much are you all hoping to lose.

KP I would quit the fags, eat lots of carrots then lose any weight. thats why i gained the weight not so much my kids but giving up smoking but I'd rather be fat than a smoker now. I am SO glad I did it although the wine does make me sneak one now and again. luckily I dont drink much
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 12:20 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by viviennef
I am just starting seriously to diet. I am not hugely overweight - am 9st 4 instead of 8 stone but plan to lose the weight plus the sag over the next 6 months.

I have a plan but would like to log in and compare notes and more importantly meal ideas.

my biggest problem food intake wise is pop instead of water. I feel so tired most of the time I hit the coke to boost myself through the day. I never drunk pop at home btu here in the heat I seem to be getting a problem.

I want to lose 1 stone 4 - maybe even 2 stone over 6 months. plan on 200 calories with exercise to burn 500. how much are you all hoping to lose.

KP I would quit the fags, eat lots of carrots then lose any weight. thats why i gained the weight not so much my kids but giving up smoking but I'd rather be fat than a smoker now. I am SO glad I did it although the wine does make me sneak one now and again. luckily I dont drink much
I am really limited on booze now, which should help. Regular exercise doesn't lose weight as such, but it makes your metabolism work faster.
No faddy diets, just normal healthy food and smaller portions. Not too many carbs, cut down on the bread and if you do have, take wholemeal.
The Doc told me if it is white, it is processed and avoid....
Milk, bread etc does no favours.
Eat regularly and never miss breakfast, you will just eat more later.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

The recommendation is that you should do 5 hours or more of exercise a week and cut down on calories to loose weight. Once you have achieved your target weight you can reduce your exercise to 4 hours a week and not focus so much on the calories. Although if you start to consume too many you will start to put weight back on.

Stay away from hi carb foods such as bread and pasta etc. You can eat carb, but just limit the amount you are consuming. Eg. don't have pasta for lunch with a baked potato for dinner and so on. Snacking is always a problem unless you eat veg and fruit for snacks.

I try to keep bad foods such as dessert and biscuits etc for weekends so that I have 5 clear days and 2 bad days. At the moment my goal is to refrain from eating chocolate, biscuits etc until we fly out for Oz.... Tangible target.

Your targets should be achievable. Even if you say you want to lose 2 lbs this week. It sounds easier to achieve than saying I want to lose 4 stone in how ever many months. Once you have achieved those 2 lbs you will also be motivated to lose a further 2 lbs and so on.

If you have the time and money, try and do classes at the gym as a group environment is more inspirational and social. Often people who don't have the inclination to do exercise at home by themselves will thrive doing classes because of the social element. I love attending gym classes and am addicted to them. So much so I am now a fitness instructor.

Alcohol is also a bad influence as it slows down your metabolism. I still drink but only on weekends or nights out or dinner out etc.

Those are just some of the things that I do. They work for me and I continue to lose weight at a steady pace. Who ever said having children was a good thing! . Hopefully some of it will help someone else. Although we each have to find what works for us.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 7:20 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by faf
Hi Kim

Good luck

Sara
You might consider using www.calorieking.com.au

It has an Australian database of foods, not US, is still totally free and more importantly uses metric measuring.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 8:54 pm
Jenny

Location: Bradford, but moving to Busselton WA in Sept 2010 (yay!!!!)
morrisj3 has a brilliant futuremorrisj3 has a brilliant futuremorrisj3 has a brilliant futuremorrisj3 has a brilliant futuremorrisj3 has a brilliant futuremorrisj3 has a brilliant future

If anyone's into yoga here, I can really recommend www.yogajournal.com which focuses on all aspects of mind and body health.

Even if you're not into yoga, there's a wealth of articles on food and eating habits in the archives as well as recipes, and a common sense approach to healthy living
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Centurion
You might consider using www.calorieking.com.au

It has an Australian database of foods, not US, is still totally free and more importantly uses metric measuring.
Hi, many thanks for the link, im all signed up and raring to go!!!