Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Nearly 1st August and I've got the central heating on!!!!!

Nearly 1st August and I've got the central heating on!!!!!

Old Jul 31st 2009, 6:55 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nearly 1st August and I've got the central heating on!!!!!

I am off work for 6 week holidays and was thinking I could have a lovely summer, get ready for Melbourne in September and acclimatise for the hot summers i seem to have forgotten about!!!.....
But I'm sat with the central heating on for the second evening!!!!
Where is the bloody summer????
J x
Old Jul 31st 2009, 8:21 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nearly 1st August and I've got the central heating on!!!!!

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
I am off work for 6 week holidays and was thinking I could have a lovely summer, get ready for Melbourne in September and acclimatise for the hot summers i seem to have forgotten about!!!.....
But I'm sat with the central heating on for the second evening!!!!
Where is the bloody summer????
J x
That is really early. Funny (well not very), I was just sitting out on the patio thinking how suddenly the the nights are drawing in again. Grey skies, gloominess. But at least it's not raining.... Yet.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

Glad I am not the only one. My heating went on 30mins ago. Plus its pouring down here. We are meant to be taking the football team to the beach tomorrow for a BBQ.
x
Old Jul 31st 2009, 8:37 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shabee
Glad I am not the only one. My heating went on 30mins ago. Plus its pouring down here. We are meant to be taking the football team to the beach tomorrow for a BBQ.
x
My sister was mad tonight when she called and I said I'd been at the lake all day swimming and sunning myself. She has her heating on too and is so sick of the rain and the cold. She's in Yorkshire and is beginning to think she needs to buy a light machine she's so fed up now.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 10:23 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paulry
That is really early. Funny (well not very), I was just sitting out on the patio thinking how suddenly the the nights are drawing in again. Grey skies, gloominess. But at least it's not raining.... Yet.
I used to find that as well. People talk about sitting outside the pub till 10pm on a warm summer night but in my reality the 10pm night was on a cool June day and the warm nights were in August when the sun was going down at 8pm.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 10:48 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

It's been raining here since about 8.30 and I had the heating on at 7
and IT'S NOT FUNNY!!!
There is probably much less rain and it is possibly sunnier in Melbourne
How am I going to survive the summers
J x
Old Jul 31st 2009, 11:14 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

It's incredible that people are having to put their heating on at this time of the year. A compelling reason to fly South. Going to do my very best to be out of here by the 26th October... If not several weeks before
Old Aug 1st 2009, 12:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
I used to find that as well. People talk about sitting outside the pub till 10pm on a warm summer night but in my reality the 10pm night was on a cool June day and the warm nights were in August when the sun was going down at 8pm.
I reckon May-June is the best time in the UK mate. August is the crap month.

Reminds me of Melbourne - when the hot nights in February are nonetheless drawing in. Sitting on the back of the CFA tanker and heading out for training you see the sun starting to head down...and you think - autumn on the way...
Old Aug 1st 2009, 12:47 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
It's been raining here since about 8.30 and I had the heating on at 7
and IT'S NOT FUNNY!!!
There is probably much less rain and it is possibly sunnier in Melbourne
How am I going to survive the summers
J x
I think we can rework that sentence to "definately less rain and probably sunnier" .

Not long now, and don't worry about the heat you'll be fine
Old Aug 1st 2009, 1:38 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I reckon May-June is the best time in the UK mate. August is the crap month.

Reminds me of Melbourne - when the hot nights in February are nonetheless drawing in. Sitting on the back of the CFA tanker and heading out for training you see the sun starting to head down...and you think - autumn on the way...
May occasionally pulls something out the bag. June's usually variable. September is the best month and October can sometimes make the grade.

Had a few good Augusts as a kid but also experienced a fair few cruddy ones.
Old Aug 1st 2009, 1:56 am
Banned

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
May occasionally pulls something out the bag. June's usually variable. September is the best month and October can sometimes make the grade.

Had a few good Augusts as a kid but also experienced a fair few cruddy ones.
These days around these parts the weather seems soooo unpredictable.

For example, I got married in mid march many moons ago () and it was a real scorcher of a day, hotter than anything we've had for more than a month. And last year here in the south it was so warm late in the year that the leaves didnt fall from the trees until November.

'Will never forget the glorious summers of 75 and 76

77 was a cruddy one
Old Aug 1st 2009, 2:01 am
Account Closed

These days around these parts the weather seems soooo unpredictable.

For example, I got married in mid march many moons ago () and it was a real scorcher of a day, hotter than anything we've had for more than a month. And last year here in the south it was so warm late in the year that the leaves didnt fall from the trees until November.

'Will never forget the glorious summers of 75 and 76

77 was a cruddy one
76 was great. More recently I really enjoyed 95 and 2003. Being able to remember the good years was one of the reasons I emigrated.
Old Aug 1st 2009, 2:06 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

We have the wood burner going at night and it's the 1st August - is it the same thing? Days are beautiful though, clear blue sky and big yellow ball up there. Not much heat in it though, it's only about 18 degrees
Old Aug 1st 2009, 2:30 am
Banned

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
We have the wood burner going at night and it's the 1st August - is it the same thing? Days are beautiful though, clear blue sky and big yellow ball up there. Not much heat in it though, it's only about 18 degrees
I can live with that: cool temperatures but clear blue skies
Old Aug 1st 2009, 7:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Our CH is always on and kicks in if temp drops below 21 degrees C. It has kicked in quite few times this 'summer' already. More rain expcted today.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.