Naming Babies

Old Mar 2nd 2008, 8:30 am
saoirse

Call me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Naming Babies

Me and the missus were doing that whole "If we had a baby, what do you think it would look like" thing the other night.

We both agreed that it would definitely be a fantastic looking specimen and that its intelligence levels would be simply phenomenal. The problems started when she said "Oh our little Roger will be beating the girls off with a stick"

"Roger my f*****g arse" I spluttered. She asked me what I planned on calling the baby and I replied "Zolar" Silly woman threw a hissy fit and we had a row.

Upshot is if we have a boy its gonna have two names, as shes not budging and neither am i. Is it cruel for your son to have two names? How do other couples decide? Surely there's occasions where one half of the couple hate the chosen name? What if compromise isn't an option?
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 8:35 am
NO, we're GOING there....

gorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nice
Default Re: Naming Babies

Originally Posted by Call me AL
Me and the missus were doing that whole "If we had a baby, what do you think it would look like" thing the other night.

We both agreed that it would definitely be a fantastic looking specimen and that its intelligence levels would be simply phenomenal. The problems started when she said "Oh our little Roger will be beating the girls off with a stick"

"Roger my f*****g arse" I spluttered. She asked me what I planned on calling the baby and I replied "Zolar" Silly woman threw a hissy fit and we had a row.

Upshot is if we have a boy its gonna have two names, as shes not budging and neither am i. Is it cruel for your son to have two names? How do other couples decide? Surely there's occasions where one half of the couple hate the chosen name? What if compromise isn't an option?
Rog beats Zolar (WTF) hands down
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Hey doesnt love conquer all!!
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light

And whats wrong with Roger????????
my dads name is Roger.!!!

All our kids have middle names. they arent double barreled though. I work in a preschool and a little boy there had a double barrelled 1st name and a double barrel surname!!

This is for your wifes eyes only........wait till you've had the baby and when you are lying on the labour bed and hes cuddleing his beautiful newborn son/daughter, look up with your tired eyes and say in a small and exhausted voice "can we call him/her......................"
never fails.

Nickie
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 8:37 am

gorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nicegorgeousgal is just really nice

Roger it is then
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gorgeousgal
Roger it is then
But i dont think i would call my kid Roger.

Nickie
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by Nickie And Kev
But i dont think i would call my kid Roger.

Nickie
No, my boy would be William..............Roger
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

No, my boy would be William..............Roger
Do you know my dad??

His name is Roger William

im not kidding..it really is.

Harvey is Harvey William.

Nickie
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 8:53 am

Do you know my dad??

His name is Roger William

im not kidding..it really is.

Harvey is Harvey William.

Nickie
My dad was (RIP ) William Roger!
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

My dad was (RIP ) William Roger!
Ahh
Im sure he'd be proud if you called your son after him.

If i ever..not planning to, but if i did have another daughter i would call her Annie, after my mum (RIP)

I always avoided it, i have 3 girls, coz our surname is Andrew and there would be too much Ann's so Annie Andrew may have been too much. regret it now though.

Nickie
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 8:58 am

Ahh
Im sure he'd be proud if you called your son after him.

If i ever..not planning to, but if i did have another daughter i would call her Annie, after my mum (RIP)

I always avoided it, i have 3 girls, coz our surname is Andrew and there would be too much Ann's so Annie Andrew may have been too much. regret it now though.

Nickie
Annie Andrew is cool. She'd defo turn out famous. Very catchy!
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

It just doesnt feel right calling a new born baby Roger ! The same as something like Nigel or Eric , if its a girl then it would seem even sillier Zolar would be much better

Nicky
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
It just doesnt feel right calling a new born baby Roger ! The same as something like Nigel or Eric , if its a girl then it would seem even sillier Zolar would be much better

Nicky
My friends name is Nigel!!!

Ha ha im gonna watch this thread with interest.

Nickie
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 9:10 am
saoirse

Call me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond repute

This is for your wifes eyes only........wait till you've had the baby and when you are lying on the labour bed and hes cuddleing his beautiful newborn son/daughter, look up with your tired eyes and say in a small and exhausted voice "can we call him/her......................"
never fails.

Nickie
I know for a fact the sneaky cow would lie there all pale and sweaty and say "can we please call him Roger?" and you can name the second child,then when i agree she would declare "Thats me done with the whole babies thing, in your face dickhead, me and Roger laugh in your general direction"
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

I know for a fact the sneaky cow would lie there all pale and sweaty and say "can we please call him Roger?" and you can name the second child,then when i agree she would declare "Thats me done with the whole babies thing, in your face dickhead, me and Roger laugh in your general direction"

Nickie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.