Name our child

Old Apr 24th 2007, 12:26 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Name our child

Originally Posted by VikkiL
I actually know a couple whose boys are called .......wait for it.........

BILL AND BEN!! How ridiculous is that???!! and why didnt any friend or family member say anything to them? Always cheers me up on a bad day that one
my friend has twins called.....

GEORGE and HARRISON

or Harrison and George as she calls them!
Old Apr 24th 2007, 12:27 pm
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Some real strange names here. Also some real old names. I dont have kids YET. But working on that. Heres my take on some mentioned. Bare in mind its just my opinion. I mean no offence.

Freddie, Alfie and Frankie- Real old style names there. Something you'd hear down Albert Square.
Lara, Rose- Nice girls names.
Elton...- Aye right!
Misty- Sounds like and 0898 number. Call Misty.......
Max, Alfie , Charlie- See my first reply.
Steve- Not exactly original.
Edna- My mate had an aunty Edna and she was 70. Old name.
Talia- Thats a great name. My friend called her kid that. What a great name.
Another friend called her little boy. Louie. I like that.
Issabelle or Isabella are great names also. If i have daughter then i'll probably call her one of these.
I want my kids to be different. Not the usual Steves, Johns James, Sharons Karens etc.No offence. Something unusual. Just my opinion.

Last edited by Jockstar; Apr 24th 2007 at 12:29 pm.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 12:28 pm
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW

GEORGE and HARRISON

I do like those names actually but I probably wouldnt have given them to twins!
Old Apr 24th 2007, 12:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

I actually know a couple whose boys are called .......wait for it.........

BILL AND BEN!! How ridiculous is that???!! and why didnt any friend or family member say anything to them? Always cheers me up on a bad day that one
I've an even sadder example, our neighbours in the UK named their 2 kids Jennifer and Jonathan (this was at the time Hart to Hart was a big tv programme... Jennifer and Jonathan Hart If you don't know the TV show you won't understand, they were named after the tv show characters)
Old Apr 24th 2007, 12:56 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

My three are Elouise Elizabeth Shortened to Ellie inless being told off (so she is the posh one), Molly Mia (she would be the pub singer) and Aimee Rose ( the wimsical poet)

I wanted Maddie for a girl but hubby wasn't keen

Boys were going to be Louie, Harvey (we named the dog that one cause never got to use it ) Ashton and Freddie.

Good luck with the birth. hope you find a good name for the littlun
Old Apr 24th 2007, 12:56 pm
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I've an even sadder example, our neighbours in the UK named their 2 kids Jennifer and Jonathan (this was at the time Hart to Hart was a big tv programme... Jennifer and Jonathan Hart If you don't know the TV show you won't understand, they were named after the tv show characters)

Oooh, I loved Hart to Hart. What was the old guy called who worked for them?
Old Apr 24th 2007, 12:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Oooh, I loved Hart to Hart. What was the old guy called who worked for them?
Well, the butler was called Max, but I'm desperately trying to remember what the dog was called
Old Apr 24th 2007, 1:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Freeway!!!
Old Apr 24th 2007, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Well, the butler was called Max, but I'm desperately trying to remember what the dog was called
The dog was called: "Freeway"!!!!!
Old Apr 24th 2007, 1:07 pm
In Aus and loving it!

Of course, Max - is that the one where he says at the beginning "when they met, it was murder"?
Old Apr 24th 2007, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Josie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud of

Luckily I had a son as I always wanted a boy called Elliott. My daughter is called Chloe (and now most kids are in her school) but her middle name is Elise and that seems to be a bit more original. I have some friends that have named their kids Fleur and Finlay. I wonder how many Chloe's will be at her new school in Sydney when we eventaully get there?
Old Apr 24th 2007, 1:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My own theory is to go for traditional names, and once thats on their birth certificates they can shorten or name themselves whatever they want.

We named ours Elizabeth, so we call her Beth, and Katherine, so we call her Katie. When they get older and go to Uni or whatever, they can choose whatever abbreviation of their name they want.

Elizabeth is a great one... Lisa, Liz, Lili, Ellie, Bettie, Elspeth, Beth, Betty,

JTL
Old Apr 24th 2007, 1:28 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jockstar
Some real strange names here. Also some real old names. I dont have kids YET. But working on that. Heres my take on some mentioned. Bare in mind its just my opinion. I mean no offence.

Freddie, Alfie and Frankie- Real old style names there. Something you'd hear down Albert Square.
Lara, Rose- Nice girls names.
Elton...- Aye right!
Misty- Sounds like and 0898 number. Call Misty.......
Max, Alfie , Charlie- See my first reply.
Steve- Not exactly original.
Edna- My mate had an aunty Edna and she was 70. Old name.
Talia- Thats a great name. My friend called her kid that. What a great name.
Another friend called her little boy. Louie. I like that.
Issabelle or Isabella are great names also. If i have daughter then i'll probably call her one of these.
I want my kids to be different. Not the usual Steves, Johns James, Sharons Karens etc.No offence. Something unusual. Just my opinion.
Another great choice......happens to be mine and my daughters middle names
Old Apr 24th 2007, 1:34 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

When I was pregnant with our Daughter, my eldest son was mad on Thomas the Tank Engine, so much so that he told anyone and everyone that if his new baby was a girl, she'd be called Clarabel, or Gordon if he was a boy

She ended up as a Darcie - chosen really by the new Mum in the bed opposite who said it sounded nice.

Names are pretty irrellevant in our house anyway as we run on nicknames

We have a Samuel (Hamster), Darcie (Miss Parcel) and Adam (Mr Cheese).

We think nothing of it, until we realise we're walking round the supermarket shouting 'Cheesey' and Adam comes running....

OK - on that basis, I'm not even going to offer suggestions!

All the best for the birth BTW.

Jules x
Old Apr 24th 2007, 1:38 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW

GEORGE and HARRISON

Oh, oh couldn't resist it - for a boy:

Tim(Tam)othy.

Goodnight

Jules x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.