Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Name one positive thing about your life in Oz you couldn't have in the UK.

Name one positive thing about your life in Oz you couldn't have in the UK.

Old Jan 24th 2007, 10:50 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Name one positive thing about your life in Oz you couldn't have in the UK.

OK, here's a thread for everyone who isn't in Oz yet.

Please could everyone in Oz name one positive thing about your life in Oz you couldn't have in the UK.

Rules are - it must be reproducible by another immigrant.

So - wildlife in the garden would be good, my Mum lives next door would not work so well.

Over to you.......
Old Jan 24th 2007, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Name one positive thing about your life in Oz you couldn't have in the UK.

Only ONE! that's hard...

Mine would be, having the luxury to be able to stay at home with my girls (which I could have just done in the UK - but not in such a lovely house in such a beautiful area!)
Old Jan 24th 2007, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Name one positive thing about your life in Oz you couldn't have in the UK.

Making the most of the weather. We now do and see so much more as a family. It's made us more inclined to go out, to travel and explore. We're less reliant on TV and we take regular breaks, trips and days out. We also now think nothing of taking a 4 hour round trip to see something or spending 2 hours surfing.

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
OK, here's a thread for everyone who isn't in Oz yet.

Please could everyone in Oz name one positive thing about your life in Oz you couldn't have in the UK.

Rules are - it must be reproducible by another immigrant.

So - wildlife in the garden would be good, my Mum lives next door would not work so well.

Over to you.......
Old Jan 24th 2007, 11:18 am
Live it not dream it!!

happy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of light

Lamingtons Mind you, you can probably get something similar in the UK so that doesn't count. I would say to see the Sun and the sea on my daily commute to work. They didn't have that in Stoke Poges.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 11:35 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by happy chappy
Lamingtons Mind you, you can probably get something similar in the UK so that doesn't count. I would say to see the Sun and the sea on my daily commute to work. They didn't have that in Stoke Poges.
Feeling healthy due to having health condition which is better in the sun.

Family

Free BBQ's.

Oh, that's three. Never mind.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 11:44 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Aussie Rules Footy.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

pasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to allpasty legs is a name known to all

A day off for Australia day!
Old Jan 24th 2007, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Aussie Rules Footy.
You worry me. You really do.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 12:11 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by haggis supper
You worry me. You really do.
Hey its better than following Rangers this past year.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 12:15 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Regular BBQ's with friends.
Outdoor pool party for my son's birthday in January.
Walks along the esplanade in shorts and tshirt.

Oooops got carried away.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jan 24th 2007, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bordy
Hey its better than following Rangers this past year.

As a Rangers and Liverpool fan it's been a shocker. I may as well adopt the New Zealand Knights and the England Cricket team.

Have opted for St Kilda though, so my hopes are high...
Old Jan 24th 2007, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

A change - the chance to live in a new country!!

Plus more predictable sunshine, wide open spaces (including hopefully a bigger house & garden for the dog than we have in the UK).

Profesionally I can work in a different system and learn from it.

If I come back to the UK then Australia will have given me the opportunity to live somewhere new which might make me appreciate "home" (the UK) more.
If it works out and we stay in Oz then it will give me a whole new life!
Old Jan 24th 2007, 12:29 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Being able to afford a home with acreage (horse nutter) and to also have a fabulous beach on the door step. All within an easy commute to CBD for OH
Old Jan 24th 2007, 12:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Speargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really niceSpeargun is just really nice

Celebrate the Queens birthday in style...with yet another bank holiday!...does any work get done there??
Old Jan 24th 2007, 1:42 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Space.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.