Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Name one positive thing about your life in Oz you couldn't have in the UK.

Name one positive thing about your life in Oz you couldn't have in the UK.

Old Jan 25th 2007, 7:08 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Name one positive thing about your life in Oz you couldn't have in the UK.

Originally Posted by Princess Leia
Are you some reverse God squad person or something?
Pass. Who are the Reverse God Squad?

umop ap!sdn
Old Jan 25th 2007, 7:08 am
Banned

MD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Name one positive thing about your life in Oz you couldn't have in the UK.

Originally Posted by kiwi_child
Last time I looked this was a British Expats forum ...NOT a run down the English cos you don't like some of their comments forum
I have a British passport through decent- In the eyes of the law, that makes me a British citizen.

I hate always being right!!
Old Jan 25th 2007, 7:21 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MD09
I have a British passport through decent- In the eyes of the law, that makes me a British citizen.

Yes you are right. I also have a brit passport via descent
Old Jan 25th 2007, 7:24 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

You have a go at me - stuff up - are corrected by someone else - don't apologise - then come back and take another swipe at me for good measure.

Yet, i have no decency?

Way to go
When did I have a go at you?
Old Jan 25th 2007, 7:24 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kiwi_child
Yes you are right. I also have a brit passport via descent

But are you decent?
Old Jan 25th 2007, 7:26 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Princess Leia
Are you some reverse God squad person or something?
May the force be with you princess and you forever be protected from the God squad.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

The Storey Bridge in Brisbane at night,my daughter thinks the lights look like a movie scene.

The City Cat.

South Bank,a beach in the middle of a city.

My husband being home enough to have a great social life both with us and others.Tonight is indoor cricket,monday was squash,fri and sat was fishing.Tomorrow possibly island hoping on the boat.

Me being able to stay at home with the kids which enables them to have a great social life,in the UK we didnt get home til 6pm ,so no playdates there.

Knowing and socializing with our neighbors,and having a really good and diverse circle of friends.

Im not saying everything is wonderful ,some times bad things happen ,but hey shite happens and you deal with it.it just seems much easier to deal with it here.
Donna
Old Jan 25th 2007, 7:36 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

The easy way of life. Less stressed out people.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 7:38 am
Jedi Princess

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
But are you decent?
Um...er...most of the time...I think
Old Jan 25th 2007, 7:48 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

I continue to be appreciative of the on-topic posts.

Buzzy
Old Jan 25th 2007, 7:55 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sasbear
Yep - SPACE - wide open space - and quiet - the kookaburras singing - the cockies squawking - the scent of eucalyptus - feeding possums by hand out the back garden - large block of land with house not attached to another house which we can afford.
yep theres heaps of SPACE here and most of it is between the average australians ears.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:04 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
I continue to be appreciative of the on-topic posts.

Buzzy
If we didnt leave the UK would not have found these threads so entertaining

My pic is the coffee - something to do with the water? and or the Italian immigrants. It also includes the relaxed environment you can enjoy it. Star bucks doesnt cut it.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:16 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

How terrifying!..and do you mean 'descent'?
Old Jan 25th 2007, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

jon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of light

Not there yet (nearly) but I am looking forward to having reliable surf.
What a genius country Australia is - the best season for surfing is also the best season for weather!!!
No more freezing sessions, no more wetsuit, no more changing in the car park with feet I can no longer feel, no more 40mph onshore winds whenever there's a swell.
Australia truly is God's country (God is defo a surfer!!!)
Oh, and I second Hutch on the boardies and rashie all year.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

njk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of light

I love the fact that since I have been in Australia, the only time I have been cold is when I walk into an air-conditioned room.

Apart from work, I wear flip flops and shorts every day, you can't beat that after 38 years of wrapping up in warm clothes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.