Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

My wife has left me....

Wikiposts

My wife has left me....

Old Jun 27th 2007, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold
Default My wife has left me....

and I have 2 kids to bring up on my own

untill the house is sold and we can join her in Cairns

She (Wannabaussienurse) flew out of Heathrow yesterday so if anyone sees a confused pom wandering arround Cairns tomorrow ....please help!

How on earth I'm going to manage to keep the kids/house clean and tidy the kids fed, eventually pack up the stuff we are tking with us, and work I dont know yet...I'm only a man after all!

It all feels very strange at the moment, being on my own, but hopefully it wont be for too long.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 8:48 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough
Default Re: My wife has left me....

Originally Posted by windog

She (Wannabaussienurse) flew out of Heathrow yesterday so if anyone sees a confused pom wandering arround Cairns tomorrow ....please help!

How on earth I'm going to manage to keep the kids/house clean and tidy the kids fed, eventually pack up the stuff we are tking with us, and work I dont know yet...I'm only a man after all!

It all feels very strange at the moment, being on my own, but hopefully it wont be for too long.
Man , you scared me !

good luck with house sale , all the best .

my advice tho , get a cleaner

s.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 9:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

i run round hunting for the box of tissues when I should be looking for the champagne...

naughty poster you!

good luck with the kids, i'm sure you'll manage...
Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

you're terrible muriel
Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light

Me too!! I was getting my speech ready "it'll get easier blah blah!!"

However looking after a house and kids won't I'm afraid. Is karen there yet? I'm inclined to feel more sorry for her out there on her own, let us know how she's gettin on
Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:33 pm
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute

Windog.....I'm sure you will do ok....get hte kids roped in too, make it the start of things to come when in Oz.....hope wannabeaussienurse arrives safe n sound.....GOOD LUCK Ems x
Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

sorry, got sidetracked by doing some housework culture shock!

Thank you all for your concern! (aren't "wind ups" fun)

Karen should be there late today so I will keep you updated
Fortunately she spent a year or so in Cairns (some while ago!) so she will have some "local knowledge" but I suspect a lot will have changed. But I am sure she will recieve all necessary help from Bix "the Saint"

Its nice to know I had the sense to marry a strong brave woman (I guess she had to be to marry me!)

Now I had better get on with my chores.....I wonder where the instructions are for the vacuum cleaner..... (and just to make things easier the washing machine gave up the ghost the day before she left!:curse
Old Jun 28th 2007, 12:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

(and just to make things easier the washing machine gave up the ghost the day before she left!:curse

i'm sure if you put it all into a nice large bag and take it with you she'll do the washing for you once you get there
Old Jun 28th 2007, 12:25 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

But I am sure she will recieve all necessary help from Bix "the Saint"
Will be our pleasure to help in any way we can
Old Jun 28th 2007, 12:37 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Awwwww never mind Could be worse, could be you wandering Cairns on your own. All the best with it all

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jun 28th 2007, 1:12 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

It's unusual for the wife to leave first..normally the man goes first if he has to.
Does she have a new job to attend to?

Good luck guys, you will be just fine with the house work.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 2:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

i went up north last year (300 miles each way...) to work whilst house husband stayed at home with the kids..... nearly killed me being away from them all week, and lets face it cairns is a little bit further than I went...
Old Jun 28th 2007, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by eddie007
i'm sure if you put it all into a nice large bag and take it with you she'll do the washing for you once you get there
I think I might have a bit of trouble at check in ith that much dirty washing!

Originally Posted by Bix
Will be our pleasure to help in any way we can
Thanks (as usual!)

Originally Posted by Stitch
Awwwww never mind Could be worse, could be you wandering Cairns on your own. All the best with it all

Cheers

Ginny
Thanks

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
It's unusual for the wife to leave first..normally the man goes first if he has to.
Does she have a new job to attend to?

Good luck guys, you will be just fine with the house work.
Yes she starts at Cairns hospital, I just get to go as the "hanger on"

Originally Posted by eddie007
i went up north last year (300 miles each way...) to work whilst house husband stayed at home with the kids..... nearly killed me being away from them all week, and lets face it cairns is a little bit further than I went...
Yes I think (hope) she will miss us but we've got the webcams and Skype set up so hopefully that will suffice untill we get there!

Hey my first "multi quote" I'll be computer literate soon
Old Jun 28th 2007, 3:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Im sure us ladies can give you advice on how to put the washing machine on etc.
Alternativly find a laundrette
Mandy
Old Jun 28th 2007, 4:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
Im sure us ladies can give you advice on how to put the washing machine on etc.
Alternativly find a laundrette
Mandy
Nope...the washing machine is definately on its way to that "great kitchen in the sky" I've wasted half the day messing with it and its definately bust! (no honest it was before I touched it!)

Luckily there is a launderette just down the road, now all I have to do is convince the kids to stop hiding all thier clothes all over the house.!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.