Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

My teen............again

Wikiposts

My teen............again

Old Aug 21st 2006, 9:47 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of
Red face My teen............again

As some people know, i come on here and constantly moan about my teen.
Well on Sat (the day after we received our visa), hubby took things into hand with a stern warning too her, basically 'get used to it. Unbeliveably it seemed to work, and I felt soooooooooo happy, she started asking questions, and positive ones at that

Until today...........................
Everytime'dad' is out of sight am getting hell!!!!, not tantrums, just tears and the like, and basically I can't take it, i hate to see her unhappy She may just wear me down
She's not talking too me and stomping around everywhere, anyone got a room for me
Old Aug 21st 2006, 9:51 am
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My teen............again

That must be really hard for you hopefully she will come round and if she doesn't once you get there hopefully she will settle in quickly. Is she scared of trying to make new friends and fit in over there if so maybe there are some people on BE with teens in the area you are headingto who she could begin chatting to before the move and give her a head start. Good luck and at least she going back to school soon to give her something to focus on and you some peace during the day.
All the Best
Andrea
xx
Old Aug 21st 2006, 10:01 am
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret2
Well on Sat (the day after we received our visa), hubby took things into hand with a stern warning too her, basically 'get used to it. Unbeliveably it seemed to work, and I felt soooooooooo happy, she started asking questions, and positive ones at that

Everytime'dad' is out of sight am getting hell!!!!, not tantrums, just tears and the like, and basically I can't take it, i hate to see her unhappy She may just wear me down
She's not talking too me and stomping around everywhere, anyone got a room for me

Margaret im not trying to teach granny to suck eggs but have you tried getting her to talk to some teans on here? it may eleviate some of her worries. good luck with it all hun.

Nev.
Old Aug 21st 2006, 10:19 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Margaret,

You're always welcome here. Our eldest (doesn't match teen years but bear with me) cried constantly in the UK. Leaving friends, family etc was too much for him. Came here, cried constantly for about 6 weeks. Now he rarely mentions UK (my daughter who was the opposite to begin with is causing trouble). He has a cry now and then but has really embraced the Ozzy way, especially school. It seems to suit him. It is tough (or rather we've found it tough) here but you can survive the teen. PM if it get tough.

Ginny x
Old Aug 21st 2006, 11:00 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

mags, what age is she?
Old Aug 21st 2006, 3:30 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly Mags she will get better, you know how much trouble we had with Heather but it all seems such a long time ago now, if she's on MSN let me have her addy and I'll get Heather to chat to her, she may not make her feel better but she would at least let her realise she is not alone and it really isn't the end of the world.

Heather went through a phase where she was asking questions etc, but she then went back to us ruining her life etc. Your lass is a teenager, chances are she would be a pain in the arse if you were staying
Old Aug 21st 2006, 4:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Honestly Mags she will get better, you know how much trouble we had with Heather but it all seems such a long time ago now, if she's on MSN let me have her addy and I'll get Heather to chat to her, she may not make her feel better but she would at least let her realise she is not alone and it really isn't the end of the world.

Heather went through a phase where she was asking questions etc, but she then went back to us ruining her life etc. Your lass is a teenager, chances are she would be a pain in the arse if you were staying
Oh so true Moneypen - so very true.

Mags - hold on in there - and come on BE and tell us and share - it doens't solve things but it sure helps
Old Aug 21st 2006, 4:10 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Yep,I agree a typical teen Mags,if it weren't Aus she was mad at it would be something else...I went through it with my son,couldn't even mention the "A" word around him...now after nearly 5 months here,he wouldn't dream of going back to Wales,still a typical teen though
Old Aug 21st 2006, 4:57 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Start taking some vids of her - when she is in Oz and enjoying life replay them. Next time she doubts you "play it again sam".

They are just reacting to the fear of change - at least being an adult you have had history in dealing with your emotions whereas they are all over the place.

Kick up the behind always works best
Old Aug 21st 2006, 6:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebears
Start taking some vids of her - when she is in Oz and enjoying life replay them. Next time she doubts you "play it again sam".

They are just reacting to the fear of change - at least being an adult you have had history in dealing with your emotions whereas they are all over the place.

Kick up the behind always works best

I find ignoring the buggers works even better

Margaret, she'll be fine hun. Just get out here and you'll see
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 1:32 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Thanks all.........again

I have tried putting her in touch with teens, but it has backfired........one has told her he hates in and his ploy is to get into as much trouble as he can so his mum will go back to Newcastle, the other two girls told her its ok, but they would rather be back in Scotland (although all these teens are in Perth).

She also spoke to irishaussieteen and said to her SO your another one my mum has recruited to talk me into it'.

Soapy she is 14 and will be 15 when we leave.

Right now am at work and dreading going back home to face her again

Would appreciate though if there are any teens in Melbourne who would talk to her on MSN

As Wendy says i am ignoring her and hiding from her
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 1:34 am
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all.........again

I have tried putting her in touch with teens, but it has backfired........one has told her he hates in and his ploy is to get into as much trouble as he can so his mum will go back to Newcastle, the other two girls told her its ok, but they would rather be back in Scotland (although all these teens are in Perth).

She also spoke to irishaussieteen and said to her SO your another one my mum has recruited to talk me into it'.

Soapy she is 14 and will be 15 when we leave.

Right now am at work and dreading going back home to face her again

Would appreciate though if there are any teens in Melbourne who would talk to her on MSN

As Wendy says i am ignoring her and hiding from her
once she's there Margaret she may even enjoy it and wonder why she ever moaned in the first place
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 1:51 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

I have 2 teens..............the eldest (whon is now 19) gave us hell about coming to Perth....................now he wouldnt even go back to the uk for a holiday. It is hard, but just try to go with the flow................hopefully it will all settle down once she is in school here and has made a few friends.
all the very best with it!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute

Well my 16 year old has just fallen in love for the first time. OMG did it have to happen now!!!
We leave e/o september.
And is she letting me know she is mightily pissed off................... :scared:
Lou
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 7:34 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhh mags

Remember the teen years very well (honestly) now whilst we didnt move to OZ, i was a bitch from hell for about 3 years!!! my parents did what they thought was best and left me too it, but were always there to help me 'pick up the pieces'
Go with the flow matey, ignore her or just agree with everything (except not going to Oz) she will be fine after being there for a few weeks (honest)
My problem is the other way, my eldest is developing rapidly and asked Grandma to cut her fringe yesterday (they are away this week) then spent rest of day sobbing coz she thought i wouldn't take her to Oz coz i would be so angry that her hair had been cut, as if i could leave her behind (she's only 11) God i must be some right old mean cow!!!!!

Yours will be fine Marg, honest! it will just take some time to adjust

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.