Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

my rekki but it can be your too...

Wikiposts

my rekki but it can be your too...

Old Dec 7th 2006, 4:38 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default my rekki but it can be your too...

i dont know if i mentioned this before but i am going on a rekki in january,

well as my head is shot at the moment with my house move,i haven't had the time to think about it

what would be the list you would do or have done on yours..

and for those people who are not going on a pre oz visit,would you like me to do anything for you while i am out there...if its possible i will do,try it,look at it,gather info for you,or take pictures for you and send it to you when i get back...

hows that.......

Aston
Old Dec 7th 2006, 4:41 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: my rekki but it can be your too...

You're going on a reccie?

Well I never, wonder how I missed that.

Is that the millionth time you've told us
Old Dec 7th 2006, 4:42 am
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man

well as my head is shot at the moment with my house move,i haven't had the time to think about it

and for those people who are not going on a pre oz visit,would you like me to do anything for you while i am out there...if its possible i will do,try it,look at it,gather info for you,or take pictures for you and send it to you when i get back...

hows that.......

Aston
well instead of going to perth only could u pop over the other side and do some comparative pros and cons!!!
won't take you long
Old Dec 7th 2006, 4:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

hows that.......

Aston
We were going to go and look at the versace hotel where the jungle celeb's stay, but never got time, so........if you could nip over to the gold coast, have a look and tell us what it's like that'll be great M
Old Dec 7th 2006, 4:49 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Ok so top of my head here are the places I say to visit.

Hilary's harbour - nice of an evening too
Perth Zoo
Kings Park - a real must, it's lovely - lots of bbq's there and stuff.
Do a city bus tour of Perth City
Freemantle Markets
Margaret River Wineries - Cape Lavender was fantastic and the food there is delicious if you want to eat - highly reccomend it. Oh there's also a Beer place you can go and taste beers at, I can't remember what it's called but my in-laws went and loved it.

Then further south I reccommend visiting Bunbury and having a good look around there.
Visit Busselton and go on the Jetty
If you can get as far as Dunsborough get yourself to Cape Naturaliste, there's also two fantastic restaurants there. One was right overlooking the sea with bush behind and they served the freshest cheapest most delicious oysters I've ever had

Actually M I've got a Lonely Planet Guide to Perth somewhere, if you want I can dig it out and drop it around for you one day (might take me a while to find it but should locate it before Christmas hopefully!). Anyway that tells you where to go, opening times, prices - places to eat, places to sleep etc etc - I carried it everywhere with me it was really useful.

Oh and go to Rottnest Island too - we didn't make it but supposed to be fab
Old Dec 7th 2006, 5:00 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

hows that.......

Aston
Never been to Perth but will be interested to see what you think as we are thinking of going there on our way to The Gold Coast as OH fancies it and we have friends in Mandurah..................C x
Old Dec 7th 2006, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by shiels
Never been to Perth but will be interested to see what you think as we are thinking of going there on our way to The Gold Coast as OH fancies it and we have friends in Mandurah..................C x
Mandurah is lovely
Old Dec 7th 2006, 5:06 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

hows that.......

Aston

I would also go to Bunbury, Busselton, Margaret River and Cape Naturaliste (but not because Clippies recommended it but because I DO)! I really enjoyed a place called Denmark and the town just after Pembleton.

I WANT a picture of you and the missus in your cork hats eating fish and chips in the fish and chips restaurant in Freo.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by busterboy
I would also go to Bunbury, Busselton, Margaret River and Cape Naturaliste (but not because Clippies recommended it but because I DO)! I really enjoyed a place called Denmark and the town just after Pembleton.

I WANT a picture of you and the missus in your cork hats eating fish and chips in the fish and chips restaurant in Freo.
I didn't make it to Denmark - was it really lovely? I loved it in the South West
Old Dec 7th 2006, 5:28 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Clippies
I didn't make it to Denmark - was it really lovely? I loved it in the South West
http://www.karrimia.com.au/ this is where we stayed in Denmark, WA

http://www.westernaustralia.com/en/D...FUlvMAodk3orVQ this is about the area

Really can't say how lovely this area is ..... Denmark was fabulous. Here are some photos to wet your appetite!
Attached Thumbnails my rekki but it can be your too...-demark-karri-mia.jpg   my rekki but it can be your too...-denmark.jpg   my rekki but it can be your too...-denmark-picture-postcard-vperfect-3.jpg   my rekki but it can be your too...-denmark-secret-beach.jpg   my rekki but it can be your too...-landscape-denmark.jpg  

Old Dec 7th 2006, 5:31 am
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

Really can't say how lovely this area is ..... Denmark was fabulous. Here are some photos to wet your appetite!
looks great BB
will you make it there and the east coast M?
eh wheres he gone again - hes getting very good at starting something and then leaving us to it!!
Old Dec 7th 2006, 5:33 am
A rather curious boy

And a few more....
Attached Thumbnails my rekki but it can be your too...-treetop-walk-4.jpg   my rekki but it can be your too...-denmark-sunset.jpg   my rekki but it can be your too...-denmark-sun-goes-down.jpg  
Old Dec 7th 2006, 5:36 am

Ah beautiful that looks just my sort of place - Dunsborough was my fave when we visited but we couldn't afford to live there and it would worry me that Dale wouldn't be able to get work with it being small.

Are you planning on moving to that part or are you staying in the City?
Old Dec 7th 2006, 5:38 am
A rather curious boy

Ah beautiful that looks just my sort of place - Dunsborough was my fave when we visited but we couldn't afford to live there and it would worry me that Dale wouldn't be able to get work with it being small.

Are you planning on moving to that part or are you staying in the City?

No we are going to Melbourne!

Old Dec 7th 2006, 5:38 am

No we are going to Melbourne!

Lol ah I see. Clear as mud

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.