Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

My OU graduation day in Harrogate

Wikiposts

My OU graduation day in Harrogate

Old May 9th 2010, 8:51 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My OU graduation day in Harrogate

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
No ruby slippers for me lol
In a few weeks you'll be wearing thongs or house slippers
Old May 9th 2010, 9:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Just thought i would let you see some of the photos that we took when i got my presentation for my BSc open degree yesterday.
This was a biggy for me it took me 12 years to finally get a degree and some of the wonderfull people on BE helped me so much with assignments and research projects that i wanted to share my happy day with you as well.
Just before i got presented Kay Mellor got awardered an honourary doctor for her contibution to English, English culture and a few other things.
All in all it was a great day but an emotional one, as im the first person in my family to ever get a degree and i had wished my gran had still been alive to see me. She died when i had 2 more years to do.
We did get professional photos done but its going to a while before i get them
Mandy
Well done you!

Your pictures really do tell the story. You are just beaming!
Good luck with the move and the next stage of your life.

BTW....they are all fine looking guys in your family
Old May 9th 2010, 10:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Just thought i would let you see some of the photos that we took when i got my presentation for my BSc open degree yesterday.
This was a biggy for me it took me 12 years to finally get a degree and some of the wonderfull people on BE helped me so much with assignments and research projects that i wanted to share my happy day with you as well.
Just before i got presented Kay Mellor got awardered an honourary doctor for her contibution to English, English culture and a few other things.
All in all it was a great day but an emotional one, as im the first person in my family to ever get a degree and i had wished my gran had still been alive to see me. She died when i had 2 more years to do.
We did get professional photos done but its going to a while before i get them
Mandy

I always admire women who get a Degree while raising a family

Reckon they deserve a medal as well
Old May 9th 2010, 10:12 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Many congrats Mandy, wonderful achievement and you have every right to feel very proud of yourself
Old May 9th 2010, 7:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations & very well done Mandy!
Old May 9th 2010, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Your grass needs cutting!

Only joking, very well done
Old May 10th 2010, 2:10 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Mand - you've definitely earned it!
Old May 10th 2010, 3:05 am
Account Closed

Kayelem is an unknown quantity at this point

well done!! your picture shows haow proud you are of yourself.I just love the piccy of myself in my cap and gown when I qualified as a nurse in Jan 09 i genuinely looked thrilled to bits. Being a mature student with 3 kids I felt proud as punch. It really is a day to remember.
Old May 10th 2010, 4:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

It was a lot of hard work studying with 3 kids and a husband in the army, who went on tour to Iraq when youngest was only a baby for 6 months and juggling studying, kids, home and going to the gym was trying some of the time.
However it was the last 2 years of studying that were the hardest, we moved to Germany, youngest was diagnosed with ADHD/autism, and at times i never thought i could continue with studying, however the support i got from people on BE was out of this world, especially when my beloved Gran died and my health went down hill.
My Graduation was apart from my wedding day and the birth of my boys was the best day of my life. Im so glad i delayed the travel to oz to attend.

Thank you every one for the kind comments, i had the cheshire grin on my face over the weekend. Partly in disbelief that i had actually graduated lol.
But today it was back to reality and a 5k run to do lol.
Mandy
Old May 10th 2010, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

It was a lot of hard work studying with 3 kids and a husband in the army, who went on tour to Iraq when youngest was only a baby for 6 months and juggling studying, kids, home and going to the gym was trying some of the time.
However it was the last 2 years of studying that were the hardest, we moved to Germany, youngest was diagnosed with ADHD/autism, and at times i never thought i could continue with studying, however the support i got from people on BE was out of this world, especially when my beloved Gran died and my health went down hill.
My Graduation was apart from my wedding day and the birth of my boys was the best day of my life. Im so glad i delayed the travel to oz to attend.

Thank you every one for the kind comments, i had the cheshire grin on my face over the weekend. Partly in disbelief that i had actually graduated lol.
But today it was back to reality and a 5k run to do lol.
Mandy
Well done Mandy. A great achievement, I know how hard to can be as I graduated last December after three years of hard slog!
Are you going to to anymore studies when you get to Oz?

Regards
Debs
Old May 11th 2010, 6:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debsy
Well done Mandy. A great achievement, I know how hard to can be as I graduated last December after three years of hard slog!
Are you going to to anymore studies when you get to Oz?

Regards
Debs
Im thinking about either doing a 3 year course at uni in Psychology or some Tafe courses as i want to work in a counseling field in the drug and alcohol industry. A slight detour from nursing lol will wait till i get to Darwin to see what my qualifications will get me first
Mandy
Old May 11th 2010, 8:57 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Im thinking about either doing a 3 year course at uni in Psychology or some Tafe courses as i want to work in a counseling field in the drug and alcohol industry. A slight detour from nursing lol will wait till i get to Darwin to see what my qualifications will get me first
Mandy
A slight detour not,most nurses are pissheads,i put it down to stress
Old May 11th 2010, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Mandy
Hi Mandy
If you already have a degree, you may only need to do a one year cross over course which if you get the right grades will get you into a 4th year psych program (you will also need to do Masters to be registered as a clinical psych). Have a look at the link below it will help explain it all, if you do it this way it means less statistics.

Regards
Deb

http://stapps.cdu.edu.au/pls/apex/f?...RSION:GDPSYC,3
Old May 11th 2010, 9:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by debsy
Hi Mandy
If you already have a degree, you may only need to do a one year cross over course which if you get the right grades will get you into a 4th year psych program (you will also need to do Masters to be registered as a clinical psych). Have a look at the link below it will help explain it all, if you do it this way it means less statistics.

Regards
Deb

http://stapps.cdu.edu.au/pls/apex/f?...RSION:GDPSYC,3
thanks Deb i will see if my degree will let me do this once i get in Darwin
Mandy
Old May 15th 2010, 1:26 am
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Mandy on receiving your honours what a great achievement to be doing all that studying whilst balancing family life, loosing weight and moving abroad You have 3 handsome sons too.
Not long now until the big move - how many days are we at now??
J x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.