Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

my mum and the big C

my mum and the big C

Old Mar 4th 2006, 4:28 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: my mum and the big C

To all those on here with sick loved ones I`d like to give you all a big cyber hug and say keep your chin up. It can be lonely scarey feeling and feeling unable to help or take their pain away is awful. I lost my dad a few years ago to prostrate cancer and my mum has been diagnosed with Fibrosing Alveolitis which has caused heart failure and she has tumours which she`s been told have a 50/50 chance of being cancerous (and just in case that wasn`t enough she decided to go and have a stroke last week as well ) The guilt I feel at not being there for her and my sister having to do all the donkey work is awful, but life is full of guilt for all of us of one kind or another and is something you have to be realistic about. Just make sure you all look after yourselves as well as your sick loved ones or you won`t be doing anyone any favours
Old Mar 4th 2006, 4:40 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

thinking about you. no sooner have I thought I have got over losing my mum then I get drunk and get all maudlin! Its 1.40am here in Perth and thinking of you.
Carlole xxx
Old Mar 4th 2006, 4:42 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

so pissed i couldn't even sign my bloody name.
CAROLE XXXXX
Old Mar 4th 2006, 4:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
so pissed i couldn't even sign my bloody name.
CAROLE XXXXX
Thanks gobbyjock and Carole, you did sign your name Carole I hope your head isn't to bad in the morning I will be opening my bottle in a minute,gobbyjock I hope your mum is doing okay its a nightmare when they live the other end of the country I'm lucky as my 3 sisters live near her best wishes to you both
Janet
Old Mar 4th 2006, 5:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: my dad

Originally Posted by wannabetherenow
hi jackie,
he was on a strong pain killer but they took them off him as they thought it may cause renal faliure. He was given a different type of pain killer this evening and it helped a little, but not enough. His oncology Doctor is away till monday so he is having to suffer until he returns from his vacation. Its a joke. Its unbearable
Hi ,
I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. There is no excuse for people to be in pain nowadays. Do you know if there is a critical care outreach team at the hospital ? If there is ask the ward staff to contact them so he can be referred to them to have his pain control sorted out.
If there isn't, insist on a referral to a senior Dr such as a Registrar. Hope this helps.

Lou