Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

my mum and the big C

my mum and the big C

Old Mar 3rd 2006, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute
Default my mum and the big C

My mum had breast cancer 6 years ago and had a partial mastectomy she was given the all clear last year which was a great relief,she has been making plans to go to OZ in November to my sons wedding then last week she found a lump in her only booby as she calls it the doctor was really good and got her in within the week for a scan and thank god everything was okay I'm lucky to have 3 sisters in Bradford and Leeds to be with her I live in Dorset and i feel so far away and I'm in the same country,I spoke to her earlier and she was going to have a few brandies to celebrate I think I was more worried than her sorry to waffle on its such a relief to know she doesn't have to go through it all again.
janet
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 8:02 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: my mum and the big C

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
My mum had breast cancer 6 years ago and had a partial mastectomy she was given the all clear last year which was a great relief,she has been making plans to go to OZ in November to my sons wedding then last week she found a lump in her only booby as she calls it the doctor was really good and got her in within the week for a scan and thank god everything was okay I'm lucky to have 3 sisters in Bradford and Leeds to be with her I live in Dorset and i feel so far away and I'm in the same country,I spoke to her earlier and she was going to have a few brandies to celebrate I think I was more worried than her sorry to waffle on its such a relief to know she doesn't have to go through it all again.
janet
I'm glad she's ok, k sent
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by fraser
I'm glad she's ok, k sent
Know how you feel,mum was diagnosed last year.Every conversation we have either starts or ends with .... make sure you've checked yourself before you go to bed, and if mum forgets, then dad will tell me to(very embarassing)

Lots of karma is on it's way to you
Nick
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nick11
Know how you feel,mum was diagnosed last year.Every conversation we have either starts or ends with .... make sure you've checked yourself before you go to bed, and if mum forgets, then dad will tell me to(very embarassing)

Lots of karma is on it's way to you
Nick
Thanks fraser and Nick my mums the same every time i speak to her she says the same thing, didnt want her to go through it again she has a struggle looking after my Dad he had his foot amputated because he had cancer and is bed bound now after a few strokes but there typical Yorkshire folk and say there's folk worse of than them
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
Thanks fraser and Nick my mums the same every time i speak to her she says the same thing, didnt want her to go through it again she has a struggle looking after my Dad he had his foot amputated because he had cancer and is bed bound now after a few strokes but there typical Yorkshire folk and say there's folk worse of than them

Know what you mean - dad had heart bypass 18 months ago.My friends, friend is 36 with twin babies and very poorly with cancer,but displaying a stubborn determination to beat it.She had both off.There's so much now that medicine can do to help.It's not like 30 years ago(or even 10 years ago)
Best wishes
Nick
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 9:18 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear that your mum has got the all clear Frayne!

There are some amazingly resilient people out there, who despite having some terrible illnesses, always think there are people worse than themselves...I never cease to be amazed by their courage!

jackie x
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

wannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the rough
Default my dad

I have just got back from spending the day with my dad who is my best friend in the world. He is in hospital in the most terrible pain. I have not stopped crying and I feel so drained.

sorry to be so sad on this forum.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 9:35 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: my dad

Originally Posted by wannabetherenow
I have just got back from spending the day with my dad who is my best friend in the world. He is in hospital in the most terrible pain. I have not stopped crying and I feel so drained.

aww sorry to hear that about your dad. Can' t they give him stronger pain killers.... he shouldn't be in terrible pain in a hospital there are things that they can do.

Jackie x
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

wannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the roughwannabetherenow is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
aww sorry to hear that about your dad. Can' t they give him stronger pain killers.... he shouldn't be in terrible pain in a hospital there are things that they can do.

Jackie x
hi jackie,
he was on a strong pain killer but they took them off him as they thought it may cause renal faliure. He was given a different type of pain killer this evening and it helped a little, but not enough. His oncology Doctor is away till monday so he is having to suffer until he returns from his vacation. Its a joke. Its unbearable
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 10:43 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

hi jackie,
he was on a strong pain killer but they took them off him as they thought it may cause renal faliure. He was given a different type of pain killer this evening and it helped a little, but not enough. His oncology Doctor is away till monday so he is having to suffer until he returns from his vacation. Its a joke. Its unbearable
Doctors need vacation like anyone else, but if the doctor did not arrange for anyone else to look after his patients meanwhile, then a complaint to the medical authorites may well be in order.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 10:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
......if the doctor did not arrange for anyone else to look after

his

patients.

Grrrrrrrr (again!)
Old Mar 4th 2006, 3:22 am
BE Enthusiast

I'm sorry to hear about your dad sometimes its so hard to watch your loved ones in pain when you cant do anything to help,I hope he soon feels better and dont feel bad about being sad sometimes its easier to talk to strangers on here there is a lot of people who will give you support and take the time to reply to you my very best wishes to you and your dad
Janet
Old Mar 4th 2006, 3:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Glad to hear that your mum has got the all clear Frayne!

There are some amazingly resilient people out there, who despite having some terrible illnesses, always think there are people worse than themselves...I never cease to be amazed by their courage!

jackie x
Thanks for the reply jackie
Janet
Old Mar 4th 2006, 3:38 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so pleased to read that your mum had good news Janet. I know from bitter experience what a horrible disease 'C' can be. The strength and resilience of sufferers is beyond belief and I have nothing but admiration for the way they deal with it both during the battle and after the 'all clear'.

Sorry also to hear that others and their family members are suffering.

Enjoy this time Janet. This is great news and you should all celebrate!

Take care

Rach xxxx
Old Mar 4th 2006, 4:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tygwyn
I'm so pleased to read that your mum had good news Janet. I know from bitter experience what a horrible disease 'C' can be. The strength and resilience of sufferers is beyond belief and I have nothing but admiration for the way they deal with it both during the battle and after the 'all clear'.

Sorry also to hear that others and their family members are suffering.

Enjoy this time Janet. This is great news and you should all celebrate!

Take care

Rach xxxx
Thanks for the reply we are hoping to be in Sydney by september as my son gets married in November and we want to be settled by then ,my dad is going into a nursing home for a month and my mum will come out with my other son were going to book her flight this week she is so excited I'm just relived shes okay

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.