British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   My house has gone! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/my-house-has-gone-639053/)

ronnie98 Nov 4th 2009 2:25 pm

My house has gone!

PSS have just taken everything and left me with one chair and my laptop, i had to go and buy some shoes as they packed the lot and i was only out for a short while, we fly on monday to melbourne. I was very inpressed with PSS though!
getting scared now:huh::blink:

Juliecabs Nov 4th 2009 6:18 pm

Re: My house has gone!

Good Luck! I hope it's everything you wish for :thumbsup:

MrsE Nov 4th 2009 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by ronnie98 (Post 8070641)
PSS have just taken everything and left me with one chair and my laptop, i had to go and buy some shoes as they packed the lot and i was only out for a short while, we fly on monday to melbourne. I was very inpressed with PSS though!

How exciting! Hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Alfresco Nov 4th 2009 8:01 pm

All the best Ron. :thumbup:

Mipik Nov 4th 2009 9:08 pm

Shoes.

Once we were moving from one place to another a few years ago (pretty much at the other side of the country) shippers packed and left. We had a quick lunch and than wanted to go out.

Well the shoes were gone and we were left with only slippers. In the middle of winter we looked a bit strange in shopping center wearing only slippers.

perth bound Nov 4th 2009 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by Mipik (Post 8071599)
Shoes.

Once we were moving from one place to another a few years ago (pretty much at the other side of the country) shippers packed and left. We had a quick lunch and than wanted to go out.

Well the shoes were gone and we were left with only slippers. In the middle of winter we looked a bit strange in shopping center wearing only slippers.

I am so fed up at the moment, but that did make me laugh! thanks

camacazi Nov 5th 2009 2:46 am

lol, that happen to us too! packed all my sons shoes and pj's:rofl:

merleoberon Nov 5th 2009 5:40 am

Originally Posted by Mipik (Post 8071599)
Shoes.

you will be ok if you come to australia - in perth, people doing grocery shopping in slippers or even bare foot is seen frequently. we even saw a bloke in Bunnings (like B&Q) lugging round a great big trolley with tins of paint etc in his bare feet!! also going swimming at the leisure center and going home in just the cozzie and dressing gown!! I wouldnt shop in my slippers or bare feet but it is convenient to go home in your cozzie and shower at home. my daughter wants to go shoe-less all the time now.

moneypenny20 Nov 5th 2009 7:41 am

They took the house as well? Bloody hell, they're thorough! :lol: Hope they didn't take the passports :fingerscrossed:

ronnie98 Nov 6th 2009 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 8072666)
They took the house as well? Bloody hell, they're thorough! :lol: Hope they didn't take the passports :fingerscrossed:

no ive got the passports but it felt as if they would have taken the grass if they could!:thumbsup:

Sally Simpson Nov 7th 2009 3:31 am

Best wishes & Bon Voyage for Monday:fingerscrossed::thumbsup:

ice mocha Dec 20th 2009 6:37 pm

LOL good to note!!! haha....
also good to hear nice things about removals... most of the time you hear negative things, and then you dont know who to pick!!!
;)

carolinephillips Dec 20th 2009 6:55 pm

Good luck and welcome to Australia!:thumbsup:

NigelWaring Dec 20th 2009 7:44 pm

Australians have much healthier feet because they spend so much time barefoot as youngsters. When I was growing up it wasn't the done thing to let anyone see you unshod unless it was at the pool or beach. Only poverty stricken no-hopers had bare feet in then and unfortunately others despised them for it.