Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

My friend from Oz has just left and here's her impressions of the UK

Wikiposts

My friend from Oz has just left and here's her impressions of the UK

Old Nov 29th 2005, 1:23 am
Banned

Breezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to all
Default Re: My friend from Oz has just left and here's her impressions of the UK

Originally Posted by MrFlibbleUK
Stuff the Pizza's what are the kebab shops like?!?!!?!
Australian kebabs sh-t on UK ones
Old Nov 29th 2005, 1:29 am
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: My friend from Oz has just left and here's her impressions of the UK

Originally Posted by Breezey
Australian kebabs sh-t on UK ones
Cool thats all i needed to know, c'mon Oz here we come :-)
Old Nov 29th 2005, 1:32 am
Banned

Breezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to allBreezey is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MrFlibbleUK
Cool thats all i needed to know, c'mon Oz here we come :-)
I can ellaborate.

UK Kebab stores are Greasy, stale and the stuff looks unfresh-the meat is recycled pet food. they are run by Paki's who know nothing about food-in fact generally the UK didnt bring in Migrants big on food(and I think Indian in the UK is junk)
Australian kebab stores-REAL meat, fresh looking salads, fresh looking breads and run by Lebanese-who know food.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 1:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

What an odd sentence.
A case of the kettle calling the pot black?

"I can ellaborate.

UK Kebab stores are Greasy, stale and the stuff looks unfresh-the meat is recycled pet food. they are run by Paki's who know nothing about food-in fact generally the UK didnt bring in Migrants big on food(and I think Indian in the UK is junk)
Australian kebab stores-REAL meat, fresh looking salads, fresh looking breads and run by Lebanese-who know food."

OzTennis
Old Nov 29th 2005, 1:49 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

I can ellaborate.

Australian kebab stores-REAL meat, fresh looking salads, fresh looking breads and run by Lebanese-who know food.
Hmmmm, is the "P" word acceptable in Australia? It's a definite no-no here.

Have you ever had a curry in Manchester or Mile-End (London)? Provincial curries don't really compare.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 1:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK

Have you ever had a curry in Manchester or Mile-End (London)? Provincial curries don't really compare.
No, nor is the 'A' word, despite the Aussie penchant for shortening words!

OzTennis
Old Nov 29th 2005, 2:31 am
Banned

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK

having eaten curries in London, all over Australia, India, Singapore etc.
I think the curry in the UK sucks. Its not real indian-and the curry in oz is more authentic.
So when UK people whinge about Oz curry they don't realise that UK curry is a greasy oily creamy and over-sweet UK invention.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 2:34 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

having eaten curries in London, all over Australia, India, Singapore etc.
I think the curry in the UK sucks. Its not real indian-and the curry in oz is more authentic.
So when UK people whinge about Oz curry they don't realise that UK curry is a greasy oily creamy and over-sweet UK invention.
I agree, as much as I like a british curry, it can't touch a nise Nasi kandor served fresh in a hawker centre in Malaysia, ora fish curry served on the beach at Goa.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 3:28 am
BE Enthusiast

MrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the roughMrFlibbleUK is a jewel in the rough

I can ellaborate.

Mmmm.....thanks...I think I have just drooled over my keyboard :-)
Old Nov 29th 2005, 4:00 am
Banned

Originally Posted by fraser
I agree, as much as I like a british curry, it can't touch a nise Nasi kandor served fresh in a hawker centre in Malaysia, ora fish curry served on the beach at Goa.
The best curry I ever ate was afish curry in a village near pondicherry-served in a clay pot and consisting of sardine type fish and lots of lemon and herbs.
COmpare that to the over-oily fare in the UK??
Old Nov 29th 2005, 4:01 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

The best curry I ever ate was afish curry in a village near pondicherry-served in a clay pot and consisting of sardine type fish and lots of lemon and herbs.
I'm sure you remarked yesterday that you love the UK?
Old Nov 29th 2005, 4:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Please everyone stop!!!...this just aint fair....my keyboard is drenched in drool and I have to wait hours till I can leave work (see cant you tell I am working hard..hahaha) and have some food :-)
Old Nov 29th 2005, 8:55 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

I can ellaborate.

....... just on a point of order - 98% of "Indian" restaurants in UK are owned and operated by Bangladeshis and Chicken Tikka Masala was invented by them in UK to satisfy the English taste. It's never heard of in India (so I am told).

Some of the "Indian" restaurants in Australia are not too clever either IMHO.

Jim
Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:12 am
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute

Who gives a shit to all this food malarky, go and make your own curries.

Kebabs taste the same at 3am in any country.

So do bugers and pizzas. They all taste of fags and beer to me, but i make all my own meals fresh instead of getting takeaways so what would i know?
Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

hawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of light

Can't agree on the kebabs - kebab shops in Oz may be cleaner, the meat fresher etc, but they just don't taste as good. Maybe its all the bacteria in the UK ones that gives them their unique taste.

From my experience in Melbourne vs where I used to live (in west London...Hounslow/Southall) Indian restaurants in Oz have a bit of catching up to do, although you get spoilt for choice in West London anyway so you could probably say the same for the rest of the UK as well.

Who puts beetroot in a burger.....its f**king disgusting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.