Wikiposts

My first post....

Old Feb 10th 2007, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

Cassange is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My first post....

Hi Everyone
Just stumbled across you guys and thought you might be able to help...

I'm new here.....although we're not officilly planning on moving to oz, we have literally just booked a month trip to western australia. Do you mind if I join you in search of some help and advice???

I'm panicking that I will be taking my 4 year old out of preschool for such a long time and that I'm looking for some kind of kids clubs, toddler groups (will have a 14 month old ?????) stuff for young kids in or around perth????
Friends who we will be visiting who live near margaret river don't have children....

any suggestions???can't sleep as worrying about this lovely trip already!
thanks in advance
love
cassange
Old Feb 10th 2007, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

wren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to all
Default Re: My first post....

Hello and welcome!

Haven't been to Margaret River yet but hear it is beautiful. Plenty to do in and around Perth.

Don't worry about your 4 yr old missing school- they will learn, see and experience far more during your 4 week adventure than they ever will during 4weeks in school!!!!!
Old Feb 10th 2007, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

Hi

thank you...
thats just what i need to here as I'm a worrier and just started thinking about it all...
do you think someone on here will be able to help with finding out abut kids stufff.....

does oz have kind of holiday parks like a centre parcs / mark warner equivalent ??????

love
cassange
Old Feb 10th 2007, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

wren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to allwren is a name known to all

Am sure somebody will make some suggestions. Are you spending the entire 4 wks at Margaret River? Are you hiring a car?

We first visited when my kids were 3 and 5. Had lovely days out in Kings Park, Scitech, Fremantle, Rottnest, Penguin Island, Mandurah, Yanchep lagoon. Perth zoo..... there's plenty to see and do!

Off to work now, hopefully some others will add to this.

Can't help on the holiday homes Q - am sure somebody else will know.
Old Feb 10th 2007, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

yep hiring a car and bascially doing anything we fancy....no firm plans as yet...
Thank you and have a good day at work!!
Old Feb 10th 2007, 5:37 pm

Debbie Jo has a spectacular aura aboutDebbie Jo has a spectacular aura aboutDebbie Jo has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Cassange
yep hiring a car and bascially doing anything we fancy....no firm plans as yet...
Thank you and have a good day at work!!
Hi there and welcome to expats
The previous post is right, your child will learn more in 4 weeks in Perth than 4 weeks in school. My niece came to oz when she was about 4 years old and she still remembers heaps about oz and she's 22 now.
The other thing is if you got your child into a playgroup it would restrict your travel plans cos you would have to be back at 2.30 pm to your kid up.
Im sure youll have a great time so stop worrying
Old Feb 10th 2007, 6:09 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

weve just had 4 weeks in perth and my view is that my children have had more experiences than most children will not be lucky enough to have in their lives.
weve swum with dolphins,fed kangeroos,seen sharks and seals at the sea life centre,wild seal,pelecons,penguins,stingray.

your child will learn more out there than months at nursery and youll have memories that will last forever..

i hope you have a great time.

ast