British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   My first moan thread .... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/my-first-moan-thread-493325/)

Weirdstone Nov 12th 2007 7:32 am

My first moan thread ....

I've been on this forum since the end of 2004 in various guises and lengths of time - and never have I been so disillusioned .... either advice based on experience (been in Australia for 3 years) is argued against from some arsehole who thinks they know better ...but has never actually experienced the situation/place etc - or time is spent compiling advice, only to be totally ignored.
I don't know why I bother ...experience mean nothing now?
It certainly used to ...

Discuss :)

eddie007 Nov 12th 2007 7:33 am

Re: My first moan thread ....

and what prompted this sudden and acute case of whinge?

Timber Floor Au Nov 12th 2007 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Weirdstone (Post 5543798)
I've been on this forum since the end of 2004 in various guises and lengths of time - and never have I been so disillusioned .... either advice based on experience (been in Australia for 3 years) is argued against from some arsehole who thinks they know better ...but has never actually experienced the situation/place etc - or time is spent compiling advice, only to be totally ignored.
It certainly used to ...

LOL

Many a time i have made a very valid useful thread for it only to be sabbotaged by some dick saying hello to some chick.. and then 8 pages of them doing smilies, and lol's....

Dont worry be happy :)

Weirdstone Nov 12th 2007 7:36 am

Originally Posted by eddie007 (Post 5543800)
and what prompted this sudden and acute case of whinge?

The last lot, of helpful advice being totally ignored...though I know the prat is actively online.

Just annoys me, so I thought I'd moan ... don't often do it.

Weirdstone Nov 12th 2007 7:39 am

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au (Post 5543805)
LOL

Many a time i have made a very valid useful thread for it only to be sabbotaged by some dick saying hello to some chick.. and then 8 pages of them doing smilies, and lol's....

Dont worry be happy :)

Thats the thing...I am happy ..very - and my experience of being happy might just well be useful to someone ...but by the time the 'I know it all, but completely inexperienced' poster, or the ignorant bastard has just wasted your time - then you begin to think 'why shuld I bother?'
Their loss - not mine.

Tiggs+Graz Nov 12th 2007 7:39 am

Originally Posted by Weirdstone (Post 5543798)
It certainly used to ...

hasnt this always been the case? Doesnt seem any different from normal to me :confused:

Geelong Gent Nov 12th 2007 7:40 am

Originally Posted by Weirdstone (Post 5543808)
The last lot, of helpful advice being totally ignored...though I know the prat is actively online.

Just annoys me, so I thought I'd moan ... don't often do it.

Does he not earn over $130K but for only 6 months?:sneaky:

Your just too nice Cas, at least others coming will have taken something from your posts.

eddie007 Nov 12th 2007 7:41 am

can you be a little more specific?

can't do lateral thinking after an afternoon in the pool up to my neck in water hands holding book aloft so I can read...... Perhaps you have some advice on how to read whilst totally submerged on hot days?

Weirdstone Nov 12th 2007 7:43 am

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz (Post 5543818)
hasnt this always been the case? Doesnt seem any different from normal to me :confused:

I don't know ...seems worse to me.

Maybe I've got more cynical of posters since spending my chill-time in the Lounge and TIO :D

Buzzy--Bee Nov 12th 2007 7:43 am

I still wonder why you removed the bit about shagging like you're being filmed from your signature.....................

ooops sorry, errr on a more serious note...........

Buzzy

Timber Floor Au Nov 12th 2007 7:44 am

Originally Posted by Weirdstone (Post 5543816)
Thats the thing...I am happy ..very - and my experience of being happy might just well be useful to someone ...but by the time the 'I know it all, but completely inexperienced' poster, or the ignorant bastard has just wasted your time - then you begin to think 'why shuld I bother?'
Their loss - not mine.

Yannoo..

What goes around comes around...

Well that was the sales lit on Boomerangs !!! lol

But always strive to be good true with wit and some intellect, and recognised or not, you will be noticed for not noticing the noticeably noticeable !!!

Weirdstone Nov 12th 2007 7:44 am

Originally Posted by eddie007 (Post 5543826)
can you be a little more specific?

can't do lateral thinking after an afternoon in the pool up to my neck in water hands holding book aloft so I can read...... Perhaps you have some advice on how to read whilst totally submerged on hot days?

I find goggles work.

eddie007 Nov 12th 2007 7:45 am

what about the mushy paper?

Timber Floor Au Nov 12th 2007 7:45 am

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee (Post 5543834)
I still wonder why you removed the bit about shagging like you're being filmed from your signature.....................

ooops sorry, errr on a more serious note...........

Buzzy

PMSL !!!

Weirdstone Nov 12th 2007 7:45 am

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent (Post 5543825)
Does he not earn over $130K but for only 6 months?:sneaky:

Your just too nice Cas, at least others coming will have taken something from your posts.

:sneaky: Yep :sneaky:

Thankyou love