Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

My dream has died but been reborn!!!

My dream has died but been reborn!!!

Old Jun 13th 2007, 3:31 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My dream has died

Sorry to hear that Jazzy, hopefully things will work out ok.

Have you validated your visas yet? If not, will your wife still make a validation trip?
Old Jun 13th 2007, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

carina is a jewel in the roughcarina is a jewel in the roughcarina is a jewel in the roughcarina is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by jazzys
Hi,
I know this is not what some of you may want to read but it needs to be said.

For a long time now, I have wanted to take my wife and kids to a new life down under. We made the decision to apply and spent the money. The application, the medicals, new pasports eveything. Our house has been done up to sell and its now like a palace. The visa's are here and The kids were dead excited too.

I lost my job last week and I was about two weeks away from booking flights.

My wife has now walked out. She can't handle it any more. Too much pressure, she has made herself ill but when asked if she was OK she would always say "yes".

I'm gutted, hollow, empty and lost.

I have no job, no wife and no dream.

I hope this never happens to anyone else, please make sure you both want to go before you apply.

Thanks for listening.

Jazzys
So sorry to hear your bad news. Maybe she just needs some time to think things through and clear her head. It is so stressful all this business. It she loves you she'll be back to talk things over. Really hope things work out for you.

Carina
Old Jun 13th 2007, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

maccy124 is an unknown quantity at this point

That is such a sad and harsh reality of the stress of the situation. I am so sorry to hear about this and know how awful you must be feeling. Don't worry, it will get better. Good Luck for the future. x x x x
Old Jun 13th 2007, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

The fact is, things cannot get much worse I don't think. I've crtainly not experienced worse time than I am now. I'm rock bottom ( I hope )

When I first went to Oz in 1988 there was a song in the charts by Yazz and it was called "The only way is up" . And it was onward and upward from then.

I actually came back for the woman who has just walked out on me.

I don't know whether I should go as soon as i can and let her get on with selling our house OR let her stew in some lonely rented flat for a while. I suppose its best to start thinking about number one now.

Oh by the way, the shis just hit the fan when she poped back for some stuff and she was politely informed that as long as the kids are living with me she is not entitled to the family allowance. Oh dear how will she afford all them fags now?

Eeeeeeee, I'm feeling better already. I might even get myself a sexy aussie chick.

thanks for listening

Jazzys
Old Jun 13th 2007, 4:51 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

The fact is, things cannot get much worse I don't think. I've crtainly not experienced worse time than I am now. I'm rock bottom ( I hope )

When I first went to Oz in 1988 there was a song in the charts by Yazz and it was called "The only way is up" . And it was onward and upward from then.

I don't know whether I should go as soon as i can and let her get on with selling our house OR let her stew in some lonely rented flat for a while. I suppose its best to start thinking about number one now.

Oh by the way, the shis just hit the fan when she poped back for some stuff and she was politely informed that as long as the kids are living with me she is not entitled to the family allowance. Oh dear how will she afford all them fags now?

Eeeeeeee, I'm feeling better already. I might even get myself a sexy aussie chick.

thanks for listening

Jazzys
mate , am sorry to read all this .
easy for ppl to sit & say stuff , as it is for me .

you gotta do whats right & whatever you feel is best for you & your kin .

easy to say go , leave, but if you love that person then its not easy to do .

all the best

S.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 5:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

i think you need some time and space.... you are so very very close to going but perhaps your wife needs a little more time. I wouldn't make any rash decisions right now, or make any suggestions about splitting up the family... how long do you have left to validate? is it long enough for everyone to become less stressed?

i have been a grade A bitch to my husband throughout this whole thing, the stress has been terrible... is it the stress relating to the immigration that has pushed her over the edge? or is it a more fundamentle problem?
Old Jun 13th 2007, 5:12 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

What a horrendous situation for all of you Jazzy, I truly hope you work somethng out and you find some happiness.

When do you need to validate by?

Gill
Old Jun 13th 2007, 5:17 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for listening

Jazzys
hey Jazz thats exactly my cunning plan..to get a sexy Aussie bird (dont tell the missus tho')

If your heading for Melbourne then maybe we can 'investigate' the local wildlife together

Lee
Old Jun 13th 2007, 5:19 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

For a long time now, I have wanted to take my wife and kids to a new life down under. We made the decision to apply and spent the money. The application, the medicals, new pasports eveything. Our house has been done up to sell and its now like a palace. The visa's are here and The kids were dead excited too.

My wife has now walked out. She can't handle it any more. Too much pressure, she has made herself ill but when asked if she was OK she would always say "yes".

I hope this never happens to anyone else, please make sure you both want to go before you apply.

Thanks for listening.

Jazzys
What sad news.......I am so sorry.

Maybe she might just need a bit of time out for now.

(((((( Hugs ))))))
Old Jun 13th 2007, 6:44 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Im so sorry to hear your having a rough time. Dont give up on your dream. Like others have said if you havent already validated then I would do that to keep your options open.

Would your wife be willing to go to marriage guidance? It may help to talk to someone not connected to you both. I hope you can sort things out.

All the best. Big hugs

Joex
Old Jun 13th 2007, 6:44 pm
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute

Jazzy...be strong, think things through.....have you been previously on a reccie, is that something that you could suggest, have you spoken with your wife to try and find out more about her issues, you say that it is pressure, but maybe she just got scared? Has your daughter said she won't go? Keep your chin up and try to remain positive about things. You have an opportunity of a lifetime and you need to decide how you want to play it.....good luck Ems x
Old Jun 13th 2007, 7:03 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone, "honest talking" that would b nice!

Maybe she is getting cold feet, maybe she just doesn't want to go. But she should certainly have told me her thoughts before it got to this stage.

I'm almost out of the disbelief stage and its morphing into the really really angry stage.

The next stage will be to book flights for me n my little boy. Why should our dream die? If she wants to live in the UK she can but why should my lad be denied a better future.

I will kill me to leave my 15 yr old daughter and t'll hurt my lad to leave his siter and mam.

But I don't know what else to do.

Thanks for the support.

Jazzys
Jazzy

try to stay calm for the sake of your lad, you need to find out why your wife did this, if it was your relationship, the strain of Oz or just a panic.

you need to start a dialogue probably best to meet up in a neutral place and try to hang on to your temper and find out where she is coming from and what she sees as the future and then take it from there.

This is really hard on all of you all the best for the future
Old Jun 13th 2007, 7:19 pm
Super User

aussi110 is just really niceaussi110 is just really niceaussi110 is just really niceaussi110 is just really niceaussi110 is just really niceaussi110 is just really niceaussi110 is just really niceaussi110 is just really niceaussi110 is just really niceaussi110 is just really niceaussi110 is just really nice

awfull

God Bless You

Hi,

Thanks for listening.

Jazzys
Old Jun 13th 2007, 8:32 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for listening

Jazzys

blimey mate.........every now and again we get dealt a bum hand and its the way in which we play that hand that makes all the difference........dnt throw them there cards in yet !!!!

there may still be life in that there hand....ppl have been in alot worse scenarios on here i bet , you will get lots of advice on here read alot and listen alot mate.

Dnt throw it all in just yet..........you and your mrs have got to get together just the two of you and lay everything on the table trying not to want to have a go at each other.

Go validate mate then you will have some time on your hands to really decide on what to do.........

You know where we all are if you need anything just give us a shout.

Chin up.........
Old Jun 13th 2007, 8:59 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone, "honest talking" that would b nice!

Maybe she is getting cold feet, maybe she just doesn't want to go. But she should certainly have told me her thoughts before it got to this stage.

I'm almost out of the disbelief stage and its morphing into the really really angry stage.

The next stage will be to book flights for me n my little boy. Why should our dream die? If she wants to live in the UK she can but why should my lad be denied a better future.

I will kill me to leave my 15 yr old daughter and t'll hurt my lad to leave his siter and mam.

But I don't know what else to do.

Thanks for the support.

Jazzys
Jazzy, I dont think she necessarily has cold feet about Australia, anymore than she has had enough with you.

Speaking as someone who a few years ago, had totally had enough of the stress that was current in our life, I know what it is like to have so much going on that the only answer is to walk away from the situation to get some head space. This I must add, is not the answer but sometimes it is the only solution at the time.

It is very hard when you feel everything is piling up on you emotionally to the point you really cannot take, talk nor face it anymore. With various needs and demands your time - in whatever form they take, your head just shuts down and your 'fight or flight' response kicks in.

Migration is hard at any time - Jesus I am terrified as a few plans haven't quite come off and things are not going to be as easy as we had hoped.

The thought of intentionally making ourselves jobless, homeless and in a strange country, is enough to wobble the strongest person off their emotional tightrope.

So put children into that equation and those worries are doubled. It is bad enough and hard enough having just yourselves to worry about but with youngsters as well, you must both be so scared.

It is awful that you have lost your job so close to booking the tickets and whilst you have handled it in your own way and come across as well balanced in your thoughts, I have a feeling with regards to your wife who was already bottling up her fears, it has just tipped her into panic mode.

She probably can't see a way forward and is so aware of this, that she has had to remove herself from anything associated with your situation.

Its a horrible feeling when you want to run, and must be dreadful for you picking up the pieces.

But my guess is and I hope I am right, that when she has had time to calm down and take a breather, she will come back ready to talk and be with those that love her most - her family.

The urge to walk out in this situation usually comes when someone has reached saturation point.

And when she comes back, she could well be more receptive to the idea of really talking about how she is feeling and her fears.

Look after yourself mate and whilst you are caught up in the whole migration process, keep time for your own emotions and allow yourself to express them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.