Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

My dream has died but been reborn!!!

My dream has died but been reborn!!!

Old Aug 1st 2007, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My dream has died

Thanks gypseyrose, Yeah all the homework was done a long time ago.

I have thought to myself, what would i regret most? Going or not going.
There's only one answer really, I don't have a crystal ball tofind out what might happen but i have to make a decision to the best of my ability.

Maybe Gypsyrose has a crystal ball she can lend me.

Thanks

Jeff
Old Aug 5th 2007, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jazzys
Thanks gypseyrose, Yeah all the homework was done a long time ago.

I have thought to myself, what would i regret most? Going or not going.
There's only one answer really, I don't have a crystal ball tofind out what might happen but i have to make a decision to the best of my ability.

Maybe Gypsyrose has a crystal ball she can lend me.

Thanks

Jeff

Someone on here has a great signature which is a quote by Mark Twain. I wrote it out one day when i needed a bit of moral support:

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't dp than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Mark Twain

Cant remember whos signature it is but thanks anyway - many a time i refer back to it
Old Aug 5th 2007, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Daunted, Hows tricks with you. Are you having one of those days?

I have never had a tattoo in my life but I seriously considered getting one yesterday. I was in Durham shopping with my daughter and while she was in the changing rooms struggling with jeans n stuff I noticed a girl behind the counter had a tattoo on each of her wrists. I cocked my head and tried to work out what they said, but for the life of me I couldn't work them out.

Soooo, I asked her what they were and this is what they said (in Latin)

Left wrist had "vita non est vivere sed valere vita est" which means, "life is more than merely staying alive"

and on the right wrist she had "Liberi mei vadunt mecum cotidie in passibus spiritibusque unusquoque" Which means "My children go with me, every step, every breath, every day" I thought they were brilliant and I may well get one when I go to Oz.

When my son had his final junior school assembley the children sang Let it be by the beatles, My Ex now breaks down every time she hears it. I have since looked at the lyrics of the song and they are so right for my situation at this moment in time. I almost thought about getting a section of those lyrics tattooed on me, I really like the bit that says "And when the night is cloudy,
There is still a light that shines on me, Shine on til tomorrow, let it be".
I might get that converted to latin and put that on.

Have a good un Mandy

Jeff
Attached Thumbnails My dream has died but been reborn!!!-student-year-cropped-copy.jpg  
Old Aug 5th 2007, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Daunted, Hows tricks with you. Are you having one of those days?

I have never had a tattoo in my life but I seriously considered getting one yesterday. I was in Durham shopping with my daughter and while she was in the changing rooms struggling with jeans n stuff I noticed a girl behind the counter had a tattoo on each of her wrists. I cocked my head and tried to work out what they said, but for the life of me I couldn't work them out.

Soooo, I asked her what they were and this is what they said (in Latin)

Left wrist had "vita non est vivere sed valere vita est" which means, "life is more than merely staying alive"

and on the right wrist she had "Liberi mei vadunt mecum cotidie in passibus spiritibusque unusquoque" Which means "My children go with me, every step, every breath, every day" I thought they were brilliant and I may well get one when I go to Oz.

When my son had his final junior school assembley the children sang Let it be by the beatles, My Ex now breaks down every time she hears it. I have since looked at the lyrics of the song and they are so right for my situation at this moment in time. I almost thought about getting a section of those lyrics tattooed on me, I really like the bit that says "And when the night is cloudy,
There is still a light that shines on me, Shine on til tomorrow, let it be".
I might get that converted to latin and put that on.

Have a good un Mandy

Jeff

Woah!! Did your son leave any thing for the other kids to win?? What a good looking chap. who does he take after?

One of those days?? Im not sure really. I don't think so LOL. I've not been well since i got back of my jollies, if i was a man it would man flu, but as i am a woman its only a cold . I been wrapping myself up in cotton wool as we are off for medicals on Tuesday
Trying hard to keep myself occupied and not think about the long awaited visa but its not easy hey? I havent got myself one of those case officer chappies yet so im not even on the home straight!
I just want to be there now. I have decided on an area, looked into housing, schools etc etc now i just wnat my iddy little visa please
Should have been my wedding anni today too! strange!
Old Aug 5th 2007, 8:46 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daunted
Woah!! Did your son leave any thing for the other kids to win?? What a good looking chap. who does he take after?

One of those days?? Im not sure really. I don't think so LOL. I've not been well since i got back of my jollies, if i was a man it would man flu, but as i am a woman its only a cold . I been wrapping myself up in cotton wool as we are off for medicals on Tuesday
Trying hard to keep myself occupied and not think about the long awaited visa but its not easy hey? I havent got myself one of those case officer chappies yet so im not even on the home straight!
I just want to be there now. I have decided on an area, looked into housing, schools etc etc now i just wnat my iddy little visa please
Should have been my wedding anni today too! strange!
We all get those days and they are not nice.

You can share my case officer if you like, nowt much going on with our application due to the 4 - 6 week delay at LCU.

We can tie him up and tickle his feet until our visas are granted.
Old Aug 5th 2007, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
We all get those days and they are not nice.

You can share my case officer if you like, nowt much going on with our application due to the 4 - 6 week delay at LCU.

We can tie him up and tickle his feet until our visas are granted.
YAY!!!!! Cheers PP! Im off to get my prize tickling feather
Old Aug 6th 2007, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Daunted, yeah my son pretty much cleaned up at the end of year awards.
The only thing he didn't win was "sports girl of the year"

He was also voted student most likely to invent something new! I wish he'd bloody hurry up, I'm skint.

I thought you were much closer to your visa than you have explained, I don't know why I got that impression mind you. Your meds are a piece of cake, no need to worry about them at all. Its handing the money over thats the painfull bit! This whole process consumes you a bit doesn't it, you can't seem to think of much else. But I don't think any of us are any different to anybody else, everyone must go through the emotions, its whether your strong enough to deal with them or not. (I don't think my ex was).

So which area are you settling on then Mandy? Do you think you'll be away by the end of the year?

Best wishes
Jeff
Old Aug 6th 2007, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Daunted, yeah my son pretty much cleaned up at the end of year awards.
The only thing he didn't win was "sports girl of the year"

He was also voted student most likely to invent something new! I wish he'd bloody hurry up, I'm skint.

I thought you were much closer to your visa than you have explained, I don't know why I got that impression mind you. Your meds are a piece of cake, no need to worry about them at all. Its handing the money over thats the painfull bit! This whole process consumes you a bit doesn't it, you can't seem to think of much else. But I don't think any of us are any different to anybody else, everyone must go through the emotions, its whether your strong enough to deal with them or not. (I don't think my ex was).

So which area are you settling on then Mandy? Do you think you'll be away by the end of the year?

Best wishes
Jeff
Hi Jeff
Its quite comforting to see everyone else going through the whole range of emotions too - least it makes me feel normal (well more normal then usual!)
Im still stuck waiting for a Case Officer to be allocated so not really sure how long that will all take as there doesnt seem to be any real logic to it all at the min. I would love to be out there in November but im not sure how realistic that really is Guess i just have to be patient
Did you see the article in the telegraph on Saturday (i think) all about Brisbane sayign how it was the most perfect climate and place to live?????
Old Aug 6th 2007, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

No I didn't see the article, I wonder if its online anywhere?

November eh! Bloody hell I hope your not sat next to my ex on the plane.
She reckons she's visiting in november with my daughter.

I reckon you wouldn't be human if you weren't feeling these emotions Mandy.
Just be patient honey, It'll come. And then you'll have some different emoptions to deal with.

Right, I'm off to search for that article.

Best wishes
Jeff
Old Dec 12th 2007, 5:50 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

No I didn't see the article, I wonder if its online anywhere?

November eh! Bloody hell I hope your not sat next to my ex on the plane.
She reckons she's visiting in november with my daughter.

I reckon you wouldn't be human if you weren't feeling these emotions Mandy.
Just be patient honey, It'll come. And then you'll have some different emoptions to deal with.

Right, I'm off to search for that article.

Best wishes
Jeff
Hi Jeff

well ive just finished reading the whole thread and i felt you pain and laughed at the girls a great bunch .

I'm just wondering how you are doing now are you in oz any way i hope you are happy and looking forward to a great Christmas Niamh
Old Dec 12th 2007, 11:42 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Jeff i was in the same boat as you and boy it was tough,but there will be light at the end of the tunnel etc.I am now organising my wedding to Sara and speaking of lyrics,Gordon lightfoots song east of midnight sums it up for me."In my time here in my life there now shines a guiding light and never again will i lose my way"hang in there matey it will all come good
Old Dec 13th 2007, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi all, thanks for the encouragement guys. Its been a bumpy ride so far and i'm not gunna dress it up to be anything else.

My first job trial ended up with a stroppy dutch gaffer who got the hump cos i backanswered his son. My second job ended when i had an argument with a german gaffer and i walked out. I am now without a job but happier than i was with one. I've had enough of being sad.

I've been working a couple of days with my pal and its been good. I'm expecting an interview next week for a job (60K and a car).

My ex and my daughter are here now and we're having a nice time but i think its all over between us even though we remain very good friends. Such a shame for the kids really.

I've had hassle in my rental too, but i remain optimistic that all will come good in the end.

Have a great xmas everyone, for those in pain hang on in there. And for those not here yet, expect some pain

"And when the night is cloudy, there is still a light, that shines on me,
shine until tomorrow, let it be"

Jazzys
Old Dec 13th 2007, 3:57 am
Forum Regular

kaz101 will become famous soon enoughkaz101 will become famous soon enough

My ex and my daughter are here now and we're having a nice time but i think its all over between us even though we remain very good friends. Such a shame for the kids really.
Hey at least you are still friends for your kids. I know couples who can't stand to be in the same court room as each other! And no I'm not talking from personal experience.

Thanks for sharing your story, and you have a good Christmas too.
Make your plans for 2008 since I think it will be a fantastic year!

Karen
Old Dec 13th 2007, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

blackcountrygirl is a jewel in the roughblackcountrygirl is a jewel in the roughblackcountrygirl is a jewel in the roughblackcountrygirl is a jewel in the roughblackcountrygirl is a jewel in the rough

Hi Jazzys
glad you made it to oz, look on the bright side things can only get better, if your wife doesn`t want to come back to oz, I reckon your daughter might want to, she`s seen a bit of oz and a lot of kids that say I never want to live in oz change their minds very quickly when they get back to the UK.
Not sure what state your now in but have a great Christmas and a real good New Year.

WOW 22000 hits I reckon a lot of people want to know how you doing

Last edited by blackcountrygirl; Dec 13th 2007 at 8:44 am.
Old Dec 13th 2007, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

vickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud ofvickys has much to be proud of

Well Jeff, sometimes i can't believe that you are there it doesn't seem two minutes since you were struggling. I'm so glad that you and your ex are able to be friends and that you have managed to see your daughter.

Have an excellent Christmas and next year WILL be better

take care and have fun

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.