Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

My dream has died but been reborn!!!

My dream has died but been reborn!!!

Old Jun 13th 2007, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute
Default My dream has died but been reborn!!!

Hi,
I know this is not what some of you may want to read but it needs to be said.

For a long time now, I have wanted to take my wife and kids to a new life down under. We made the decision to apply and spent the money. The application, the medicals, new pasports eveything. Our house has been done up to sell and its now like a palace. The visa's are here and The kids were dead excited too.

I lost my job last week and I was about two weeks away from booking flights.

My wife has now walked out. She can't handle it any more. Too much pressure, she has made herself ill but when asked if she was OK she would always say "yes".

I'm gutted, hollow, empty and lost.

I have no job, no wife and no dream.

I hope this never happens to anyone else, please make sure you both want to go before you apply.

Thanks for listening.

Jazzys
Old Jun 13th 2007, 11:48 am
Just Joined

Nad1ne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My dream has died

I am so sorry to hear your sad news. I know it might not seem like it now but things will get brighter. Life is a bitch sometimes. If your wife loves you she will come round and if not then at least you know now when you have the support of others, rather than being thousands of miles away across the world.
Keep your spirits up!!
Old Jun 13th 2007, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

lynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by jazzys
Hi,

For a long time now, I have wanted to take my wife and kids to a new life down under. We made the decision to apply and spent the money. The application, the medicals, new pasports eveything. Our house has been done up to sell and its now like a palace. The visa's are here and The kids were dead excited too.

My wife has now walked out. She can't handle it any more. Too much pressure, she has made herself ill but when asked if she was OK she would always say "yes".

I hope this never happens to anyone else, please make sure you both want to go before you apply.

Thanks for listening.

Jazzys
God thats dreadful, My family are just beginning the process but can see how stressful its going to be. Hope things work out. You never know..
lynne.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 11:50 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Have you got your visa Jazzy? Maybe you could suggest a holiday down under and get the visa's validated?

Not sure if you have been to aussie before so maybe it would let her have a look-see for herself?

Just a thought....

Hope it all works out

take care

Lee

Last edited by stuckinblighty; Jun 13th 2007 at 12:37 pm.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 11:51 am
Just Joined

natnjon is on a distinguished road

I am sooo sorry to hear you are having a bad time at the minute,
i no its hard to do but keep your chin up and good look for the future,
nat xx
Old Jun 13th 2007, 12:14 pm
M J
BE Enthusiast

M J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond reputeM J has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry to hear your news. Life can sometimes throw us a "low baller".
I agree with a previous poster,that maybe a holiday out there is what you all need as a start, and maybe some honest talking.Maybe you both just need some time to get a clear head. I hope it works out for you all.
Best wishes and keep fighting,
M J
Old Jun 13th 2007, 12:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thanks for listening.

Jazzys

So sorry to hear that

Do you think she's got cold feet about the move, or do you think it's just all the stress of it? Either way, just give her a bit of space to clear her head, hopefully she'll be back after a little break from it all.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry to hear that... don't give up hope....

Good luck...
Old Jun 13th 2007, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

Have just PM'd ya mate.
Speak soon

Lynne
Old Jun 13th 2007, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

alvin_dmello is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey man thats not the end of everything.

have the faith, things will get better.

There are people in more msery then you can imagine. So dont break your heart. Cheer up.. things will definately get better.

Alvin
Old Jun 13th 2007, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

StevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud ofStevenChez has much to be proud of

Hi,

Thanks for listening.

Jazzys
I am so sorry to hear you're going through such a really bad time. Sometimes, when the going gets tough, we simply need a breather, some space to work things out in our own minds without having the pressure of other peoples problems and needs. Allow your wife some time to gather her thoughts and at the same time take stock yourself. Don't allow yourself to sink into a pit of despair, it won't do anyone any good, in fact it will just worsen the situation. You do need to have a sit down with your wife at some point and it's best all round if your head is clear and your thoughts positive.

So you're out of work at the moment, if your wife was still with you would you be out looking for work or would you have brought your plans forward to move to oz? Maybe you need to visit oz yourself, with or without your wife, find a job and then look at making a fresh start. Your wife may just simply not be able to handle all the pressure and needs you to sort it out.

Whatever the situation, don't see the current events as 'the end'. If you walked into a brick wall, would you just stop walking or would you find a way around it? In this I'm not saying that you must strive to achieve the oz dream, but simply that you must keep moving.

All the best.

Cheryl
Old Jun 13th 2007, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

Thanks for listening.

Jazzys
Hi Jazz so sorry to hear your news but like other posts have said she may be getting cold feet seen as you are so close to going, just give her a lttle space and time im sure all will work out in the end sending you big hugs
Old Jun 13th 2007, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone, "honest talking" that would b nice!

Maybe she is getting cold feet, maybe she just doesn't want to go. But she should certainly have told me her thoughts before it got to this stage.

I'm almost out of the disbelief stage and its morphing into the really really angry stage.

The next stage will be to book flights for me n my little boy. Why should our dream die? If she wants to live in the UK she can but why should my lad be denied a better future.

I will kill me to leave my 15 yr old daughter and t'll hurt my lad to leave his siter and mam.

But I don't know what else to do.

Thanks for the support.

Jazzys
Old Jun 13th 2007, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

Don't really know what to say Jazzys but I really hope things work out for you in the end.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

oh boy Sorry to hear that Jazz, here's hoping things work out for you.

Lynn xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.