Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

My dog is currently up in the sky

My dog is currently up in the sky

Old Jun 14th 2010, 6:53 pm
Account Closed

Kayelem is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My dog is currently up in the sky

Well today I felt like our journey to OZ has begun. We took the dog to Heathrow and she is now on a Quantas flight heading for Perth. Anyone reading who has sent their dog to Perth how easy was it to contact Byford and are they helpful and understanding with concerned owners? She will arrive in Perth tomorrow afternoon there and I know I will be itching to ring them. Quite a strange feeling to think of her up there in the sky.
Old Jun 14th 2010, 7:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My dog is currently up in the sky

Originally Posted by Kayelem View Post
Well today I felt like our journey to OZ has begun. We took the dog to Heathrow and she is now on a Quantas flight heading for Perth. Anyone reading who has sent their dog to Perth how easy was it to contact Byford and are they helpful and understanding with concerned owners? She will arrive in Perth tomorrow afternoon there and I know I will be itching to ring them. Quite a strange feeling to think of her up there in the sky.

All the best and hope all goes well!
Old Jun 14th 2010, 7:46 pm
Jenny

Location: Bradford, but moving to Busselton WA in Sept 2010 (yay!!!!)
morrisj3 has a brilliant futuremorrisj3 has a brilliant futuremorrisj3 has a brilliant futuremorrisj3 has a brilliant futuremorrisj3 has a brilliant futuremorrisj3 has a brilliant future

I'm sure she'll be fine, but I can understand how you feel. Our dog's booked to fly to Perth on 6th Sept and we're already worrying about it!

I've been in touch with the kennels already to ask them about diet (he's allergic to quite a lot of things) and to warn them that he's deaf. Got a couple of nice replies back - they seem really caring and keen to reassure.

Old Jun 14th 2010, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Toronto, Canada - Darwin NT - Newcastle NSW - Toronto - Townsville QLD - Brisbane - Toronto
paularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud ofpaularn has much to be proud of

My dog was in Sydney quarantine. You can email the quarantine station to see how your dog is, but give them a couple of days first. Expect to hear that she may be nervous/afraid and/or not eating. This happened to my dog and totally normal. I got a dog walker for her and that made a huge difference.
Old Jun 14th 2010, 10:46 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Brings back memories. Remember the day we dropped our pooch off prior to her flight - was the start of the journey really. As I recall her aeroplane landed about an hour before us and we saw it on the tarmac.