Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

my birthday holiday to margaret river

Wikiposts

my birthday holiday to margaret river

Old Oct 22nd 2007, 10:07 pm
disability worker

shazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond repute
Default my birthday holiday to margaret river

It all started on 17th oct i flew from melbourne to perth to see my oh .
At this stage i didnt know much about my holiday all i knew was i was going to margaret river
We woke up on thursday morning and to start the day i went to take my learners permit and i passed so stay off the roads in perth i will let you guys know when i am out and about ha ha ha.

We drove to a place called busselton and went for a walk along the beach and went to look at the jetty

The Busselton Jetty is a fantastic dive site. It has
been forming for years and an abundance of corals and marine
life have made their home on and around the pilons.

The jetty is also a great night dive.

The depth ranges from 6 - 9 metres.

Cape Dive runs Busselton Jetty Dives regularly - see schedule or ask us about it!!
The Busselton Jetty is the second longest Jetty in the Southern Hemisphere. It was built in 1865.

The original length was 158m. Further extensions were made in 1875, 1884, 1887, 1890, 1894, 1895 and 1896. It's now 1799 metres long.

The Jetty was built from Giant Karri Hardwood. It was used by whalers and other vessels.

From busselton we drove to margaret river and took a walk around the town it was a nice place with lots of shops and lots of places to stay
so i thought we was staying in the town no i was wrong

From the town we drove 14k along very quiet roads and not much traffic in sight .
I was wondering where the hell we was going then we turned at a sign saying harmony forest .
We drove for about 2k and turned into a dirt track and got greeted by 2 big kangaroos i have never seen any that big thats for sure It was so nice to see we sat in the car for a few minutes as they wouldnt move then they let us pass put it this way i didnt want to upset them

We carried on down this dirt track and when we got to the end we were faced with a loverly cottage smack bang in the middle of the forest.

Harmony forest cottages are hidden amongst the majestic karri trees and the vineyards by the idyllic harmony waterways .

There are 6 cottages about 100 meters apart I went inside the cottage and it was so nice i went for a look around i found the bathroom and there was a door leading outside well i thought it did but i was faced with a twin spa-bath that face out to the forest it was a wonderful sight which we used a few times.
There was lots of scents to use and two nice big white robes the total relaxing holiday thats for sure

On the friday morning we got picked up by a taxi and was taken into town to go on the bushtucker wine tour we had a wonderful day we even ate some bushtucker some wild flowers and berries and drank lots of wine and spent lots of cash buying some .

We also went to a chocolate factory and cheese factory so it was a full dayout.

On the saturday we went for a dive to augusta where there where nice beach views and lighthouse that looks out over the southern ocean

We also went to the jewel caves it was a wonderful sight and well worth the look
We went to the settlers tavern for tea and drove back to the cottage for the night and drank another bottle of wine

On the sunday we were up at 6.30 am as the animals get up early so you dont have much choice but it the best time to be up when you are in the middle of the forest
We packed the car and left the cottage to head back to perth on the way out we were greeted by about 10 kangaroos it was so nice to see such a wonderful sight .

And then we went back down the highway and i wanted to go back
There are so many nice places to visit and if they are all like harmony then i want to go to them all

I hope you have enjoyed reading my thread and if you go to margaret river and need somewhere to stay book into harmony forest its the full adult holiday
I must say its not much fun for children unless they like the outdoors
as you dont have tv unless you take dvds with you and a phone call forget it no chance

i would like to thank my oh for a wonderful holiday it was just what i needed

This is there website www.harmonyforest.com.au
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 11:02 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: my birthday holiday to margaret river

Sounds fantastic! You were lucky though, there isn't much to do in WA apparently.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 11:23 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you had a lovely holiday Sharon.
You must let me know when you start driving in Perth - I'll stay off the roads that day
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 11:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds wonderful
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:13 am
disability worker

shazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond reputeshazmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
Sounds fantastic! You were lucky though, there isn't much to do in WA apparently.

There are some nice places in perth you just have to drive a fair way to get to them But if they are like harmony its worth the trip
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:15 am
disability worker

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
Glad you had a lovely holiday Sharon.
You must let me know when you start driving in Perth - I'll stay off the roads that day
Thanks mate i am not that bad
not to long now i hope to be in perth by jan got a new job lined up at a nursing home in bicton I am looking forward to that as i like nursing home care its much better then disabilities that for sure
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 11:16 am
disability worker

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Sounds wonderful
It was wonderful cannot wait till i can get there again