Mussels
46.43%
Marmite
53.57%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Mussels or Marmite

Old Mar 21st 2008, 9:20 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: Mussels or Marmite

Originally Posted by Reedy
They filter feed too - I can't bear to eat them now I know they eat Sh!t!!!!
Urgh!!! same with Prawns. Used to like them, until someone told me the black line down the back was their sh*t
Old Mar 21st 2008, 9:21 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

If you're talking mussels or Vegemite I love them both but I would not want mussels on bread in the morning and wouldn't be too keen on Vegemite mixed up with my prawns on the barbie.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of

Normally I like Marmite so i'll vote for it , but this pregnancy has got me all weird with foods I usually like (and i'm getting fed up with it !!!!)
Old Mar 21st 2008, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

well this is easy for me cause I hate mussels

MARMITE
Old Mar 21st 2008, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

ianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the rough

mussels all the way! you fancy sharing your chilli mussels recipe with me? please?
Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:25 pm
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Must admit I love them both so it's really tough to choose one....

I went for mussels in the end though - just because of the wonderful chewiness of them, really brings out the flavour
Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

Mussels, chilli..garlic..onion (my own recipe)...love it all
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 1:09 am
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ianandmel
mussels all the way! you fancy sharing your chilli mussels recipe with me? please?
Well thanks to all you voters, my mrs is now jumping around the kitchen saying ha ha ha to me cos the axle grease won the vote, oh well it may be more popular but i will never like the spread of satan

My mussels recipe by the way is as follows

2Kg Mussels/clean and de-beard the mussels and keep them cool until ready to cook.

Fine chop one large white onion
3 cloves of garlic crushed/fine chopped
good bunch of basil chopped/or torn
about 1 tbsp+ of capers fine chopped
6 big tomatoes, skinned, de-seeded and fine chopped
2 chillis de-seeded and chopped (you can leave some seeds in if you like it hotter)
about half a bottle of white wine (your choice which one)
Salt and Pepper
Butter
Olive oil

put a good glug (jamie oliver stylee) olive oil and a good knob of butter in a deep pan on a medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and sweat them off until the onions are translucent, not browned, this will make the garlic bitter. Add the capers, chillis and toms and cook until the toms are just starting to break down, add the Basil and the white wine and get this bubbling nice and fast, when its got a good bubble on, add the mussels and cover with a lid and leave for five mins, dont open before then. after five mins take a look and if the mussels have all opened, then toss them around in the sauce and serve with nice chunks of crusty bread, yum yum. Oh and plenty of good wine of course!

This is not an exact science, you can adapt this any way you like, i.e. more heat or different herbs etc.

Enjoy,

Nev
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 3:28 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

love mussels hate marmite!!
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 3:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher
love mussels hate marmite!!
Cannot believe that marmite is winning the poll, it's a travesty!
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 3:34 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Shush you. The people have spoken
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 3:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
Shush you. The people have spoken
yeah but mostly the one's with mental health problems
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 3:38 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

I agree Sal it really is a foul sludge,

so many misguided people sigh
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 3:41 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

yeah but mostly the one's with mental health problems
How rude! I was going to let you ride my pet dragon Alistair but you've blown that now.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 3:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by wmoore
How rude! I was going to let you ride my pet dragon Alistair but you've blown that now.
Oh please give me another chance! I've always wanted to ride an Alistair

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.