Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Music fans. Aussie band :Empire of the sun

Wikiposts

Music fans. Aussie band :Empire of the sun

Old Feb 28th 2009, 12:03 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute
Default Music fans. Aussie band :Empire of the sun

I have been listening to this band from New South wales for the past few days. They are brilliant

Electro indie with shades of goa trance. Love it!

If you visit their myspace page here you can hear a couple of tracks
Scroll down and watch the videos..they're excellent! Make sure you turn off the track that plays automatically first though otherwise it sounds a bit messy

Last edited by Kapri; Feb 28th 2009 at 12:05 am.
Old Feb 28th 2009, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Music fans. Aussie band :Empire of the sun

It's not the type of music I usually listen to but I think they are great.Though they are kind of creepy!My 15 year old daughter likes the same type of music as me though really hates them so I play them extra loud when on on of the few music channels to wind her up.Sue.
Old Feb 28th 2009, 12:24 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petensue
It's not the type of music I usually listen to but I think they are great.Though they are kind of creepy!My 15 year old daughter likes the same type of music as me though really hates them so I play them extra loud when on on of the few music channels to wind her up.Sue.
Why creepy? I love their look. It's great to see something artistic instead of the never ending round of bland boybands.
I'd never heard of them until recently. Are they big in Australia?

Last edited by Kapri; Feb 28th 2009 at 12:51 am.
Old Feb 28th 2009, 9:39 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri
I have been listening to this band from New South wales for the past few days. They are brilliant

Scroll down and watch the videos..they're excellent! Make sure you turn off the track that plays automatically first though otherwise it sounds a bit messy
Great band. A duo, Nick Littlemore and Luke Steele (who is from Perth).
Old Feb 28th 2009, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

petensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond reputepetensue has a reputation beyond repute

Why creepy? I love their look. It's great to see something artistic instead of the never ending round of bland boybands.
I'd never heard of them until recently. Are they big in Australia?
I agree they are different which is why I like them but I just find them a bit creepy,sorry it is hard to explain but it is more to do with how they act in their vidoes which I love by the way.Maybe it is me that is odd but I like creepy much better than bland!Sue.
Old Feb 28th 2009, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond repute

I watch their vidoes and spend the whole time debating with myself...they're serious....no, they're sending themselves up....no, this is their genuine artistic expression...no - ...etc. I'd love to see them sans-costume/makeup...would we recognise them in the street?
Old Mar 1st 2009, 12:32 am
Happy migrant

I agree they are different which is why I like them but I just find them a bit creepy,sorry it is hard to explain but it is more to do with how they act in their vidoes which I love by the way.Maybe it is me that is odd but I like creepy much better than bland!Sue.
Originally Posted by Rainydaze
I watch their vidoes and spend the whole time debating with myself...they're serious....no, they're sending themselves up....no, this is their genuine artistic expression...no - ...etc. I'd love to see them sans-costume/makeup...would we recognise them in the street?
Yes, I know what you both mean
I guess whatever their reasons are for their "look" - it's good to see something different.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 8:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

reminds me of the Doves, apart from the Vocals.... Hadnt heard of them before.

May have a go at listening to a few tracks at work tonight.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 12:46 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
reminds me of the Doves, apart from the Vocals.... Hadnt heard of them before.

May have a go at listening to a few tracks at work tonight.
They remind me of an Aussie version of MGMT
Old Mar 1st 2009, 2:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
They remind me of an Aussie version of MGMT

Whos that Renth ?
Old Mar 1st 2009, 2:55 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Kapri you have great taste,. this has been in my car cd player for over a month now, and It is the best thing I have heard since MGMT.

the only band they compare to I reckon is the scissor sisters.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 3:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Brisben
Kapri you have great taste,. this has been in my car cd player for over a month now, and It is the best thing I have heard since MGMT.

the only band they compare to I reckon is the scissor sisters.

Decided to Youtube, Yes I have heard of them, I thought Renth had shortened the bands name.

I blame the radio, for not giving out bands names
Well thats my excuse.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Decided to Youtube, Yes I have heard of them, I thought Renth had shortened the bands name.

I blame the radio, for not giving out bands names
Well thats my excuse.
Is that the one with the bears playing music in a forest in the video?It takes me back to Disneyland!Sue.
Old Mar 1st 2009, 5:54 pm
(It's not my real name)

Is that the one with the bears playing music in a forest in the video?It takes me back to Disneyland!Sue.
That's the one (MGMT)
Old Mar 1st 2009, 5:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud of

See also Cut Copy and The Presets...

Aussies seem to be leading the "80s style electro pop" renaissance at the moment.

Check out Ladyhawke, too although she is a Kiwi...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.