Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Murdoch editorial explains which Premiers are doing a good job & which are Labor

Murdoch editorial explains which Premiers are doing a good job & which are Labor

Old Nov 19th 2021, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

Brisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond repute
Default Murdoch editorial explains which Premiers are doing a good job & which are Labor

Funny, but this is so near the mark its not funny:
A series of opinion pieces in News Corp mastheads have provided a detailed summary of which Premiers are bravely protecting their states from Covid-19 and encouraging economic recovery, and which Premiers are members of the Labor Party.

The handy guides were based on rigorous research. “We looked through the record of each Premier, analysed their policies, assessed the effectiveness of their decisions and so forth. And then we ignored all that and just noted down what party they belonged to,” a spokesperson for the organisation said.
Yes, we all know how incredibly biased the Australian media is (almost as bad as Britain's and the USA's).

Heck I don't ever recall voting for Rupert Muckrake and his Faux News outlets, but I did sign Kevin Rudd's petition for a Royal Commission into Australia's 'media landscape'. Can't wait for a change of government and to give Scomo the shove.
Old Nov 19th 2021, 8:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Murdoch editorial explains which Premiers are doing a good job & which are L

Originally Posted by Brisbannite

Yes, we all know how incredibly biased the Australian media is (almost as bad as Britain's and the USA's).

Heck I don't ever recall voting for Rupert Muckrake and his Faux News outlets, but I did sign Kevin Rudd's petition for a Royal Commission into Australia's 'media landscape'. Can't wait for a change of government and to give Scomo the shove.
Can't wait to stop paying taxes towards the ABC. Sounds like they are on the edge if they feel they need to personally attack their competitors
Old Nov 19th 2021, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

Brisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond reputeBrisbannite has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Murdoch editorial explains which Premiers are doing a good job & which are L

After Sky News got locked out of You Tube for posting covid-19 misinformation you'd have thought Muckrake and Co would have learned their lesson
Sky News Australia has removed dozens of videos from its websites, after YouTube suspended the channel for spreading Covid misinformation.

The conservative TV network, owned by Rupert Murdoch, has been criticised for promoting conspiracies and questioning public health orders in its broadcasts.

In recent days it has taken down about 30 videos without explanation or making corrections. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-58168048......

Former Australian prime minister Kevin Rudd was among the first to accuse the channel last week of "quietly scrubbing incriminating Covid-19 misinformation videos" from its platforms.
After seeing the damage Muckrake did in the US and the way the ultra-right wing media is undermining democracy in some Australian states, and putting politicians and their families' lives at risk, the Royal Commission is long overdue. I can't believe anyone actually believes the utter rubbish they publish but I guess every country has its quota of bogans and morons

Old Nov 20th 2021, 3:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

You haven't quite hit rock bottom yet. That will come after you post an article about K Rudd from the Guardian.

FWIW regarding that silly Shovel article. Aren't SA and Tas Liberal governments? Victoria, with its terrible lockdown record and the worst Covid record in Australia Labor? What's the point?
Old Nov 25th 2021, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

After Sky News got locked out of You Tube for posting covid-19 misinformation you'd have thought Muckrake and Co would have learned their lesson

After seeing the damage Muckrake did in the US and the way the ultra-right wing media is undermining democracy in some Australian states, and putting politicians and their families' lives at risk, the Royal Commission is long overdue. I can't believe anyone actually believes the utter rubbish they publish but I guess every country has its quota of bogans and morons
Orwell got it in one:
In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act
I wonder what he would've made of all the fake news we've had thrown at us in the last 5 years.