British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   MSN and blocking (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/msn-blocking-481056/)

Sam Sep 13th 2007 5:55 pm

MSN and blocking

There i was gaily wandering around MSN, wondering where some people were as i haven't seen them on MSN for ages when it suddenly come to me that they must have blocked me as i know they have been on MSN (either that or just showing as off line)

Well i did chuckle to myself (only because i sometimes do this too)

Was just wondering do you bother to block people just because they don't talk to you or are you like me and just leave them in your address book coz your too lazy to do anything about it! :rofl:

northernbird Sep 13th 2007 6:12 pm

Re: MSN and blocking

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 5309785)
There i was gaily wandering around MSN, wondering where some people were as i haven't seen them on MSN for ages when it suddenly come to me that they must have blocked me as i know they have been on MSN (either that or just showing as off line)

Well i did chuckle to myself (only because i sometimes do this too)

Was just wondering do you bother to block people just because they don't talk to you or are you like me and just leave them in your address book coz your too lazy to do anything about it! :rofl:

I have never blocked anyone before. If I don't fancy a chat then I just show myself as being offline. I do have quite a few people in my address list that I haven't chatted to in ages and really should have a clear out.

Sam Sep 13th 2007 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by northernbird (Post 5309798)
I have never blocked anyone before. If I don't fancy a chat then I just show myself as being offline. I do have quite a few people in my address list that I haven't chatted to in ages and really should have a clear out.

do you clear them out because you haven't spoken to them or because they've peed you off???

I tend to leave everyone in my book, ....call me lazy :rofl:

asher Sep 13th 2007 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 5309812)
do you clear them out because you haven't spoken to them or because they've peed you off???

I don't add many people to my book so don't tend to need to remove them.
I am cagey about putting people in in the first place!! :lol:

northernbird Sep 13th 2007 8:21 pm

just general housekeeping, people who I haven't spoken to for the best part of a year, who are never online etc

moneypenny20 Sep 13th 2007 9:06 pm

As you know, I only have my mother blocked :D I do have about four entries for some dozy woman in WA who has more changes of name than anyone else I know:p

Sam Sep 13th 2007 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by moneypen20 (Post 5310198)
As you know, I only have my mother blocked :D I do have about four entries for some dozy woman in WA who has more changes of name than anyone else I know:p

hummmm i wonder who that can be then :eek::rofl:

delete them all baring the one !!! ;)

medwaymark Sep 13th 2007 10:10 pm

Don't have many on mine to start with. I have blocked one person before, many years ago...mainly cos she was a freak.

I have to be a bit careful sometimes cos I think I'm talking to one of my girls, but I find out that its actually their mother :mad: (not a nice experience)

Ransi Sep 13th 2007 10:21 pm

I blocked NorthernBird because she kept flashing her tits to me.

Clippy Sep 13th 2007 11:51 pm

I block loads (mainly family :blink:), I'm an unsociable bugger sometimes :lol:

Bix Sep 14th 2007 12:01 am

What's MSN :confused:

Clippy Sep 14th 2007 12:03 am

Originally Posted by Bix (Post 5310632)
What's MSN :confused:

Eh! :blink: you having us on?

Bix Sep 14th 2007 12:06 am

Originally Posted by Clippies (Post 5310638)
Eh! :blink: you having us on?

Nope.
I've heard a lot of people say "see you on MSN" and thought they were meeting up somewhere.

Nu-Shooz Sep 14th 2007 12:07 am

I've been told that even if you clear out unused contacts, they can still see you on-line from their end. I have wanted to block afew people and deleted their addresses, but was told they need to delete me too, otherwise they know you are on-line.

Clippy Sep 14th 2007 12:09 am

Originally Posted by Bix (Post 5310651)
Nope.
I've heard a lot of people say "see you on MSN" and thought they were meeting up somewhere.

Oh ok then, well it's a messenger thing, you can talk live to your contacts (type rather), see when people are online, send them links photos etc. It's fab :) Windows Live Messenger it's called, or MSN as it's known :)

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz (Post 5310655)
I've been told that even if you clear out unused contacts, they can still see you on-line from their end. I have wanted to block afew people and deleted their addresses, but was told they need to delete me too, otherwise they know you are on-line.

You have to block them and delete them - if someone is blocked they can't see when you're online and can't contact you. They may still have your icon up on their msn but it'll permanently show that you're offline.