Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Mrs Perthforme's Rant

Mrs Perthforme's Rant

Old Jul 10th 2006, 11:01 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mrs Perthforme's Rant

Bloody driving test
Today I took my Australian practical driving test. I thought I did well, but apparently not. I failed because I executed a perfect 3 point turn and drove around a car park as I've been taught and I'm British. Yes I failed for being a Bloody Pom.
At the end of the test i was expecting to be given a run through of what I did wrong, but no I was told "You are not in England now 3 point turns are inappropriate in Australia, and you did not indicate as you drove round a bend in the road in a car park". The lovely man then got out of the car not even a goodbye..When I got home and swore alot I looked in "How to pass your driving assessment" the book issued by the Department of planning and Infrastructure, it says 3 point turns are ok for use as a manoeuvre!!!!!
so who's right the Australian Government or that F.....G W.....R who tested me.
The nice man in charge of the Joondalup test centre will deal with him for being racist.
But to make matters worse the girl who took the test before me, repeatedly hit the kerb while driving on a straight road, and she passed( I know this 'cos I was ear wigging).

Thankyou I'm off for choccy hit and a bit more swearing
Old Jul 10th 2006, 11:04 am
Banned

Wife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mrs Perthforme's Rant

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Bloody driving test
Today I took my Australian practical driving test. I thought I did well, but apparently not. I failed because I executed a perfect 3 point turn and drove around a car park as I've been taught and I'm British. Yes I failed for being a Bloody Pom.
At the end of the test i was expecting to be given a run through of what I did wrong, but no I was told "You are not in England now 3 point turns are inappropriate in Australia, and you did not indicate as you drove round a bend in the road in a car park". The lovely man then got out of the car not even a goodbye..When I got home and swore alot I looked in "How to pass your driving assessment" the book issued by the Department of planning and Infrastructure, it says 3 point turns are ok for use as a manoeuvre!!!!!
The nice man in charge of the Joondalup test centre will deal with him for being racist.
But to make matters worse the girl who took the test before me, repeatedly hit the kerb while driving on a straight road, and she passed( I know this 'cos I was ear wigging).

Thats one less woman on the road then.

Stick to the kitchen and bedroom honey.
Old Jul 10th 2006, 11:04 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Bloody driving test

Bloody hell Mrs P thats crap, if you cant do a 3 point turn how do you turn your car around? do you have to wait so long before you can have another go?

I am dreading taking my test over there
Old Jul 10th 2006, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by Wife Beater
Thats one less woman on the road then.

Stick to the kitchen and bedroom honey.
Thats what i told her
Old Jul 10th 2006, 11:13 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by possoms
Bloody hell Mrs P thats crap, if you cant do a 3 point turn how do you turn your car around? do you have to wait so long before you can have another go?

I suppose if you'd chucked a 'u-ey' that would have been more appropriate, would it?

I would complain. He's obviously a bit of a tosser.
Old Jul 10th 2006, 11:14 am

She was told to turn in the road , you can u turn, 3 point in a drive or normal 3point !
Only 3 months till next one
Old Jul 10th 2006, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by iPom
I suppose if you'd chucked a 'u-ey' that would have been more appropriate, would it?

I would complain. He's obviously a bit of a tosser.
Oh we complained as soon as
Old Jul 10th 2006, 11:16 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Thats what i told her
Keep the hi-lux ,get rid of the Wife.............. mm
Old Jul 10th 2006, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by mr mover
Keep the hi-lux ,get rid of the Wife.............. mm
No dishwasher/coooker in the lux
Old Jul 10th 2006, 12:11 pm

She was told to turn in the road , you can u turn, 3 point in a drive or normal 3point !
Only 3 months till next one
Is this your 'proper' driving test we're talking about or the switch to the UK one?
Old Jul 10th 2006, 12:31 pm

Is this your 'proper' driving test we're talking about or the switch to the UK one?
No a proper test , they will just swap your full licence
Old Jul 10th 2006, 12:36 pm

No a proper test , they will just swap your full licence
ahh I see, cos we have to take a practical test in Tasmania to change to Oz licence.

Well I recommend a very big glass of wine and extra choccie. Hope you get some joy from your complaint.
Old Jul 10th 2006, 12:55 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody driving test

Ah mate, thats really crap. Dont worry the guy probably has a small willy

Chill babe
Old Jul 10th 2006, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
Ah mate, thats really crap. Dont worry the guy probably has a small willy

Chill babe
Well it is winter
Old Jul 10th 2006, 1:35 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

if you cant do a 3 point turn how do you turn your car around?
Haven't you seen all those black lines on the road? The "proper" manouevre is a 540 degree donut

Tell Becky that they always say the best drivers fail first time (well those that aren't good enough to pass first time do anyway! )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.